Darynda Jones Fans discussion

TGDA Book Discussion > Day 6 - Chapters 1-3 ~ Questions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Reyes is wreaking all kinds of havoc on humanity according to Angel. Do you think it may have been Charley and not Reyes?

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Not directly or on purpose...when Charlie tied Reyes to his corporal body, Reyes became so upset he caused earthquakes. Charlie is just discovering her abilities and recently discovered she too can cause earthquakes when upset. We do not know what occurred before the books, so Reyes could have become emotional enough to cause earthquakes whenever he had to rescue Charlie from the rapist....

However, Charlie preventing Reyes from dying when he wanted to and leaving his corporal body will result in all sorts of havoc on humanity in the future. So Charlie is responsible for future havoc when Reyes was willing to leave.

message 3: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I totally agree with Mel but I also think it can be directly related to Reyes but not exactly him. Demons are searching for Charley/Reyes, as well as Reyes' "real" father - I imagine that has to mess up Earth too. I'm not sure how demons interact with people but they sure sound like they could create havoc while "down here".

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
I agree that he's not doing it on purpose. By being born into a human body to be with Charley he's abandoning his original purpose as the Son of Satan. That wasn't the original plan and he probably never should be on this plane in a corporeal manner-that's got to play havoc with humanity. Add to that that he didn't even know about his own past and powers until he went to prison then being bound into his corporeal body, it's a wonder that more chaos didn't occur.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "I totally agree with Mel but I also think it can be directly related to Reyes but not exactly him. Demons are searching for Charley/Reyes, as well as Reyes' "real" father - I imagine that has to me..."

Great point Ines...I did not think about the demons entering this plan in search of Reyes and Charlie and the trouble the demons are causing. :-)

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Hello my darlings...I'm BAAAACK....*evil grin*

Cindy wrote: "Hello my darlings...I'm BAAAACK....*evil grin*"

CINDY!!!! YEA!!! Missed you lady! So glad you're back :)

message 8: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Cindy wrote: "Hello my darlings...I'm BAAAACK....*evil grin*"

Welcome back!! :D

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Missed you Cindy, glad you are back to make us smile! :-)

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Now I have to catch up with what's going on...Has anyone touched my REYES? Grrrr...

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "Now I have to catch up with what's going on...Has anyone touched my REYES? Grrrr..."

Hey Cindy! Be nice, now. LOL You have to share Reyes with the rest of us...in reality he will not give any of us the time of day. He is all Charlie! Darn, it is so not fair! ;-)

Cindy wrote: "Now I have to catch up with what's going on...Has anyone touched my REYES? Grrrr..."

Just the customary oogling...

message 13: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Cindy wrote: "Now I have to catch up with what's going on...Has anyone touched my REYES? Grrrr..."

Hey you, it's about time you showed up!