Aussie Readers discussion

Book Related Banter > Where's your favourite place to read?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68390 comments Mod
My most favourite place to read is bed, either in it, or on it! And I also can't go to sleep at night without snuggling up in bed with a good book, for at least an hour, often much longer;D

Where does everyone else love to read? Do you have multiple places you love to read? Where do you find you get your best/most uninterrupted reading done?

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam  (sam222) I usually read in my bed at night under the covers, because I really can't focus very well during the day, because there is just to much noise during the day for me to focus enough to read.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 31 comments I'm with you Brenda in or on my bed works best for me

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Katie wrote: "I'm with you Brenda in or on my bed works best for me"

:D

message 5: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments I like to read in bed but I fall asleep too easily and don’t get enough reading done…so it’s on the couch for me

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Mish wrote: "I like to read in bed but I fall asleep too easily and don’t get enough reading done…so it’s on the couch for me"

Haha!! Don't your eyelids droop on the couch? ;D

message 7: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Brenda wrote: "Mish wrote: "I like to read in bed but I fall asleep too easily and don’t get enough reading done…so it’s on the couch for me"

Haha!! Don't your eyelids droop on the couch? ;D"

no I’m fully awake on the couch…..it’s when I’m warm in bed that the eyelids droop..haha

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Either in bed or in a park were i can sit on a bench or at the bottom of a tree.

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Michael wrote: "Either in bed or in a park were i can sit on a bench or at the bottom of a tree."

That's different Michael, at the bottom of a tree! But beautifully shady, and relaxing, so it'd be nice!

message 10: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments In my bed, curled up at nighttime. Nothing beats that :)
During the day, I love sitting on a floating/inflatable chair on the pool, with my legs half in the water.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments On the airchair when it's a lovely warm day :) Used to love sitting in a park against this huge sandstone wall and read for a while.

I tried reading in the bath but i always found it uncomfortable and the book would get affected by the heat :s

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "On the airchair when it's a lovely warm day :) Used to love sitting in a park against this huge sandstone wall and read for a while.

I tried reading in the bath but i always found it uncomfortable..."

Ha! I've read in the bath too, but it doesn't work very well!!! LOL

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments The movies make it look enjoyable but I worry more about dropping the book in the water! lol XD Silly movies!

message 14: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 698 comments I pretty much will read anywhere... but my favourite place would have to be either in the recliner in the lounge room or snuggled up in bed.

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Looks like we have high voting for bed at the moment...lol

message 16: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "The movies make it look enjoyable but I worry more about dropping the book in the water! lol XD Silly movies!"

I haven't done that YET but I've got it just a little bit wet...lol

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Brenda wrote: "Looks like we have high voting for bed at the moment...lol"

Maybe you should add a poll. :D

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Michael wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Looks like we have high voting for bed at the moment...lol"

Maybe you should add a poll. :D"

Maybe we should;D

message 19: by Khenan (new)

Khenan Bragador | 140 comments In my bed/on my recliner/in the bath/and recently at the mt cootha botanical gardens under the bamboo :D

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Khenan wrote: "In my bed/on my recliner/in the bath/and recently at the mt cootha botanical gardens under the bamboo :D"

Ha! You'd be good with Michael, Khenan...both under trees!! Peaceful, relaxing with beautiful scenery...that and a good book...what more could you wish for? ;D

message 21: by Laura (new)

message 22: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/61...

Woop woop..Go votes ;D"

Good one Laura!!!!! Everyone VOTE!!!! Haha!!

message 23: by Kim Marie (new)

Kim Marie | 894 comments Growing up as a teenager in a house full of annoying brothers, I found the only total privacy and peace & quiet for reading was to be found in the bathtub!

These days I retire to the bed for a peaceful read with a big curved pillow at my back. I've also done a lot of reading over the years of train travel but there was always the chance that I'd become so engrossed that I'd miss my station :((

message 24: by Jussy (new)

Jussy (j-s-e) | 6 comments Comfy chair, complete silence, tim-tams and a ginger tea :D Might do that now actually.

message 25: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! Sounds like you'd better do the poll Laura set up Kim!! I bet the bath water would go cold before you'd give up reading;D

message 26: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Brenda wrote: "Ha! You'd be good with Michael, Khenan...both under trees!! Peaceful, relax..."

message 27: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ooooh Tigger!!!! Definite thumbs up there Michael!!!!

message 28: by Graham (new)

Graham (giraham) | 60 comments Don't really read in bed, usually on my couch, I live near a beach so I like taking a book down in summer and sit at the quiet end, or in the nearby park. Or down the pub in the afternoon and have a couple of cheeky beers. Or at work when there's nothing to do.

message 29: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Graham wrote: "Don't really read in bed, usually on my couch, I live near a beach so I like taking a book down in summer and sit at the quiet end, or in the nearby park. Or down the pub in the afternoon and have ..."

You have lots of places you love to read Graham!! Good for you...did you vote in the poll in message 21?

message 30: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha!! Anywhere suits just fine Ebony!! Even in a waiting room when the queue is long!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I love reading in bed.

message 32: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Don't forget to vote in the poll!! http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/61...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

in the paddock under the fig tree with the beagle when its sunny

rainy days either on my reading chair all snuggled up or on dads reading chair

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) I got the girls a new massive pink trampoline with enclosure and it's actually a great place to read it feels like your in a castle LOL and they don't jump high yet so i barely move haha :)

message 35: by Neil (new)

Neil Haines | 66 comments On holiday beside the pool

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Neil wrote: "On holiday beside the pool"

That sounds like a plan!! ;)

message 37: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe | 5282 comments In a comfy chair. I never read in bed. Find it most uncomfortable.

message 38: by Neil (new)

Neil Haines | 66 comments Won't be naming names but one of my mates finds reading on the toilet does him fine, and its not the paper it's usually a Clive Cussler novel.

message 39: by Dean (new)

Dean Mayes My favorite place to read is on the balcony of my parents in law's holiday house overlooking Pelican Lagoon at Kangaroo Island. I shall be doing that very thing in about a month. I'll get to finish "The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society"

Hoorah!

message 40: by Christy (new)

Christy | 3 comments On the couch with a snugly blanket and cushions all around me.

message 41: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Dean wrote: "My favorite place to read is on the balcony of my parents in law's holiday house overlooking Pelican Lagoon at Kangaroo Island. I shall be doing that very thing in about a month. I'll get to finish..."

What a wonderful place to be able to enjoy reading, and relaxing Dean! I really enjoyed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society when I read it last year:)

message 42: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 123 comments Dean wrote: "My favorite place to read is on the balcony of my parents in law's holiday house overlooking Pelican Lagoon at Kangaroo Island. I shall be doing that very thing in about a month. I'll get to finish..."

I have visited Kangaroo Island - a beautiful place! Don't know Pelican Lagoon though - we stayed at Penneshaw and West Bay and tried to cover as much as we could. Love that seal colony!

message 43: by Frances (new)

Frances Clark (throughtime) | 14 comments In the doctor's waiting room. No I'm kidding. It's actually in bed. The problem is the book keeps hitting me on the head and waking me up.

message 44: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Frances wrote: "In the doctor's waiting room. No I'm kidding. It's actually in bed. The problem is the book keeps hitting me on the head and waking me up."

Hahaha!! That made me laugh Frances!

message 45: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Sounds really lovely Amy....you can come back you know;)

message 46: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4396 comments I love reading in my comfy recliner and I love reading in bed especially at night when it's nice and quite. Although sometimes I tend to fall asleep and lose my page :(

message 47: by Abby (new)

Abby Min | 60 comments I love reading anywhere listening to music.... :)

Liam || Books 'n Beards (madbird) I used to read in bed, but found that it put me to sleep too fast. So now I tend to read at my computer before bed, or pretty much anytime during the day.

The best place I have ever read in is probably in the Mortlock Building in the South Australian State Library. Very relaxing.

message 49: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 20 comments In bed! If I read anywhere else I get too distracted

message 50: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 3432 comments On the sofa, in the garden, on the beach. Never in bed; too uncomfortable.

« previous 1