The Scorpio Races The Scorpio Races discussion

Does Puck and Sean end up together? Did you like the ending?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Alexis I finished the book and i thought by the end i would know if they ended up together but i don't.

MizziQ Well considering that we are no more informed then you are I guess we can't say. I think they end up together. I thought the end led us to believe that. I guess the ending was okay.

Breanna Morgan the ending was not what I hoped for, they never really said, but I like to think they hinted at it.

Claudia the Night Owl i loved the open ending and i'm going to go with Holy's prediction of the future.

Gerriane I agree with Breanna. I was sort of disappointed with the ending because there was nothing 'concrete' about Puck and Sean's relationship :'(

But I loved the night ride scene by the beach >.<

Breanna Morgan The night ride scene on the beach was one of my favourite parts too. But it was all kind of anticlimactic.

Kate Kid The ending was not what I expected they should have put a epilogue about a year or two after the book. Or maybe it was writen like that on purpose so there could be a second book? Or she just wanted the readers to make up their own ending so everyone would be happy. I have a good feeling they did end up together at the end.

Christian Scorpio *The Little Person* wrote: "The ending was not what I expected they should have put a epilogue about a year or two after the book. Or maybe it was writen like that on purpose so there could be a second book? Or she just wante..."

No second book. She has emphatically stated that she could live to be a hundred and she will not write a sequel to Scorpio Races. This is it. Just the one book.

BubblesTheMonkey I'm pretty sure they were together and stayed together. I really liked the ending. I would not have liked it as much if Corr ran off into the ocean.

Danielle I LOVED THE ENDING...I had tears in my eyes!!!! Yeah they ended up together..they were kissing and Sean helped Puck win! <3 THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!111

WhatsHerName I'm pretty sure they end up together, though we will never truly know. I didn't really care for the ending. It was touching, but the book as a whole was a disappointment to me and very dry so I felt really "meh" about the whole affair when I made it to the end.

Adrianna [SypherLily] I loved the ending beacause for me it felt like more than just a love for each other. They were "together" the moment they felt mutual about each other. No need for words to make it official for the world. The ending was heartwarming and sean got the love and loyalty he needed from the two that made his world. This story wasn't a typical boy girl romance, it showed an appreciation toward a way of life and what people would risk losing.

message 13: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara At first I was a teeny bit disappointed with the ending because I kept thinking, "Oh, if this had happened, it would have made the ending SO much sadder, and that would have been awesome!" But on further reflection, I really, really loved the end. It fit the whole atmosphere of the story, and I'm glad that it is never specified 100% that yes, Puck and Sean end up together. Sean never struck me as a character who would become romantically involved with anyone, so the lack of "resolution" in their relationship worked for me.

message 14: by Jori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jori I definitely think that Puck and Sean end up together (Proof: Puck says to George holly when he asks about her and Sean that they are 'in training' and I believe that was meant to read that, yes, they are together)
I loved the ending and it was beautiful! I love the way there are still things left to think about. That seems to be the way that Maggie writes stories, though, because in Forever by Maggie Stiefvater you don't get a clear/complete ending.

Ashley I think they ended up together. I was disappointed in the ending at first. I think that was driven by the main characters of most books professing their love for eachother at the end of pretty much every other book I've read. After further thought I think it was a refreshing and innocent ending.

Hannah i think they ended up together. and i thought that the ending was one of the best endings that i had read in a long time. i loved it.

Isabelle I think that they ended up together. i didnt really like the ending when i read it but when i think about it, it wasnt that bad

message 18: by Gaby (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gaby Robbins I was very disappointed in the ending. I have read other books by this author and she left the ending open like this one. I read to hear a story, the whole story, and leaving it open so I can decide frustrates me.

message 19: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin See, I loved the ending. But only because it seemed like George Holly's vision of the future sounded like something Sean could see happening. And with Corr choosing to stay, what's to stop it?

message 20: by Amina (last edited May 06, 2012 07:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amina Oh god, That ending left me in such a sobbing mess...I just finished it and my heart feels so heavy cause they're isn't gonna be anymore *sigh*
Anyway I do believe that they end up together, I mean its not like Maggie ever led us to believe otherwise....but still I wish she'd have more closed endings...

message 21: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Scott I like ambiguous endings. I'm with Claudia... and Adrianna too. Good ending.

message 22: by Amina (last edited May 08, 2012 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amina OH I JUST WORKED IT OUT!!

Read this....

“Tell me what to wish for." Tell me what to ask the sea for."
"To be happy. Happiness."
"I don't think such a thing is had on Thisby. And if it is, I don't know how you would keep it."
"You whisper to it. What it needs to hear. Isn't that what you said?"
"That's what I said. What do I need to hear?"
"That tomorrow we'll rule the Scorpio Races as king and queen of Skarmouth and I'll save the house and you'll have your stallion. Dove will eat golden oats for the rest of her days and you will terrorize the races each year and people will come from every island in the world to find out how it is you get horses to listen to you. The piebald will carry Mutt Malvern into the sea and Gabriel will decide to stay on the island. I will have a farm and you will bring me bread for dinner."
"That's what I needed to hear.”

See she's the one to listen to cause, mutt did get taken into the sea by the piebald and puck does pay back the house and Sean does get to keep his red stallion though crippled....

The ocean gives Sean's wish in the end again...

Kate Kid That is so true, I loved the ending too! I wish there was more just because I loved reading about them. Here's another question for the book though, did Gabriel stay or go?

Ashley I found the ending to be too sudden. I wanted more... I want a book where they are together and happy with the horses. But then again I am a sucker for happy endings so I guess ill just have to pretend that everything goes well for them.

message 25: by Kyla (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kyla Maggie ended it the way she wanted to. Thats what she said in the back. She said it was the book she wanted to find on the shelves and read. You can out together the fact that they obviously like each other a lot and Puck feels for Sean in the end. I would say there not together with a title. But they sure do like each other a lot...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

considering the fact that they kissed several times so i would say they end up together but really were just never going to know

Nicki I liked the ending! I thought that Puck and Sean were clearly together by the end, but even if not together, then they were at least working on it.

The only character that I couldn't tell what happened with was Gabriel, which was ok with me because since she won the races, it really didn't matter if he stayed or went because they didn't need him anymore for financial support.

Cheryl I thought that Dove and Corr would mate. When they were training Sean noticed that Corr would trip himself up on purpose, I took it that he was showing off for her, and the way they kept talking about how the water horses and land horses sometimes chose each other. I imagine Puck and Sean starting their own stable with Holly's money. In my brain they are living happily ever after on Thisby Island.

message 29: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I agree about Dove and Corr and so about Puck and Sean....It is clear Puck was the only one to understand Sean and yes Sean's wishes were granted...:)

message 30: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin I wish there was another book! I hated the end! I need to know what happens to Puck and Sean! Maybe Maggie will write another book :)

Elliegrace i love books with endings like this, their beautiful and heart wrenching and lyrical...i could go all day
p.s i do tnk puck and sean end up together...if not i will hunt her down

Mandy (Tea and Toast) I think they do end up together. Puck did say they were 'in training'. I wish this book has a sequel or something. i want to know more about Puck and Sean !!!

Jessica I think they end up together. I also think there was too much building up to the races though, and not enough time spent on the actual race or the aftermath.

message 34: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah reick i loved the ending it was the best part of the book. The begining was so boring. and no i am not sure about puck and sean i assume so

Rachel I have mixed feelings about the ending. While I'm glad that it was open ended and that Puck and Sean were together and she saved her house, I just thought it would have been better if Corr HAD gone into the ocean to be free of pain. I think that if Corr had gone, Sean would really have two feet on land, rather than one foot on land and one foot in the sea.

Katharine I thought the book was perfect and I loved the ending. It's obvious the book is more than Puck and Sean. But there's no doubt in my mind that Puck and Sean end up together, I mean I guess anything is possible but having read the entire book, how could you doubt otherwise?
Regarding Sean's wish I doubt he'll want to dominate the races without Corr, and Puck on page 397 hears Gabe packing, but otherwise I imagine everything else to come true. It's an island of magic that favors the brave. And on 368 George Holly tells Sean how he'll come by next year to to /his/ stable with Corr and the broodmare's colt and how Sean will have Kate in his bed and Sean sighs over this. There's no one else remotely that Sean could want.

I mean, you don't have details like epilogues about how cute their children are but you just know that Kate and Sean will stay together on the island. Gabe will leave but visit. Corr loves Sean more than the ocean and that will never change. George Holly and Sean will remain friends and Holly will visit. Maybe they'll have a stable with the colt, or a farm. It's certainly enough for me to be happy.

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson I loved this book.. I also loved the ending. I prefer a book or movie that leaves me guessing a little bit. I hate to be spooned an unoriginal idea that has been overdone, therefore, I love has Maggie writes, she always puts a new spin on things. New fresh ideas, and in real life there is not a happily ever after.

Jasmine i would think Sean and Puck got together
i mean, Sean did his best to make sure Puck was safe in the Race and then she buys Corr from Malvern (even though she didn't have to) and everyone was saying to them about their future where they would be together and Puck said something about them being the King and Queen of the Races or something like that.
if they didn't end up together for some reason, that would be disappointing

the ending: beautiful. i loved the bond between Sean and Corr

message 39: by Bianca (last edited Feb 22, 2013 07:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bianca I did not like the ending!!!!!!!!!! I really liked this story but I hate books that do not give details on how things end!!!!!!!!

Linna I loved the ending! It doesn't really matter to me whether Puck and Sean end up together as that was not the point of the book. However, I believe they have to end up together because there were no other alternatives presented during the book.

Camilla Adrianna wrote: "I loved the ending beacause for me it felt like more than just a love for each other. They were "together" the moment they felt mutual about each other. No need for words to make it official for th..."
It's good to hear that I wasn't the only one who liked the ending. I think the whole point of the ending was to say that people can love each other without needing to be showy about it or anything, and I loved how Corr came back, that made the book for me.

Rariny I wanted a sequel, I'm sure they have a HEA. But it would have been nice to read it.

Debbie I loved the book. How it transferred you to Thisby with every detail given. I felt like the author really makes you feel like everything happening to Puck is happening to you as well. The book puts you on a personal level with the characters. I think the way the book eneded with the slightly mentioning of their relationship by saying they are in training really put a good aspect to their relationship that they are being who they are and apart of that is being attracted to each other. Both Puck and Sean are very guarded people, and in their relationship i could see them not wanting to air it to the world, but keep is safe and innocent between the two of them, something that is no longer a custom in society today and i think that's where we become so curious about them being together and it adds to the romance. I believe that they had a happily ever after. And i too would have loved to hear if they would have bred Corr and Dove, imagine the story that could go into that?

message 44: by Inda (new) - rated it 4 stars

Inda It's been a while since I read it, but I thought they ended up together? They didn't?

puppitypup I loved the ending. The fact that each of them was willing to sacrifice everything for the other made it clear that they were meant to be together. And Dove showed her love for Puck by running faster than it was possible for her to run. And then Corr, turning his back on the ocean at the end...perfect.

message 46: by Jess (new)

Jess Yes I believe everything implies this. When sean and george holly speak before the races george say " I'll come back next year and you'll have a nest of horses outside your window and puck connolly in your bed and I'll buy from you instead of melvern. That's your future for you." And sean replies " the future sounds much kinder in your accent" I think that's what sean needs and that is what he wishes for. He stated that they would all get what they needed if puck got the house and he got to keep corr and mutt rode into the sea on the piebald mare. All these things happen so this shows that the wishes were granted. That means they were all given. But it would be nice to have it wrapped up in a ribbon. Although i think that the story was written in that lyric poetic manner where there are more analogies then straight facts so this ending keeps in the spirit of the book. It's what made it so haunting and surreal. But yes sean and puck have to be running a yard somewhere on thisby together.

message 47: by Maya (new)

Maya I love the ending, and I actually think that we can be sure at some level. I see Corr as a counterpart to Sean, and him turning his back on the wild ocean represents Sean doing the same.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought they were together at the end, and I loved the book.

message 49: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina I loved the story and I couldn't help but smile at the ending. It's a rather perfect ending for me, too since I like to imagine things according to the given circumstances. The book was fantastic!

Anita I don't know if they were together at the end but the author did leave a hint. I love the ending because it had so much meaning and emotion put into it.

« previous 1