Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > e-reader covers do you own one?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments I've been thinking I need to put my Kindle into a protective sleeve or something because right now it's just got a book over the screen to protect it.

But the one thing is Kindle covers seem so expensive in stores and I refuse to pay high prices.

There appears to be many on etsy so I might give in an make an account there (bye bye money).

Anyone have a case and want to show it off? Or know of some good sites that sell them at reasonable prices?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a red leather one that it sits in and has a flap that goes over the screen (so its kinda like opening a book when I open the cover..does this make sense?)
it also came with a book light that attaches to the back...i got mine from ebay for about 14 dollars.

you just have to know the exact kindle edition you have because they are all different sizes took me a while to find one that fitted mine. I spose thats why its easier getting it off amazon but they are so expensive

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Makes sense..Does the light help you out much or not really? Always wondered if they were useful or meh.

Very true on knowing the model for the Kindle, found that out last night when looking at Kindle skins but they all looked so fussy/busy and would irriated me so a pouch/protector seems a better idea.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

the one I have as magnets that hold the flap cover part on when its closed... and the light helps when reading in bed and I dont want the main lights in my room on or reading in a car lol I have a pouch one to but I just put all my other kindle stuff in there to keep it all together.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Leat...

thats pretty much what I have but in read

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Nice price for that and free shipping even better :o! Looks good actually.

message 6: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 699 comments I have a leather cover with light from Amazon, and I wouldn't give it up for anything! It has lasted me for well over a year (this is my 3rd kindle and 3rd cover from Amazon...just can't seem to stop buying them!! :D ). They are well worth paying for! I use the built in light nearly every day and it hasn't impacted on battery life either.

I simply can't recommend the Amazon cover enough!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 69388 comments Mod
When I received my Kindle, I also received a Belkin accessory pack, here it is http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A3479...

I use the sleeve to keep the kindle in when I'm not using it, and it's great, protects it well. The extra accessories are handy, but if you already have them, you wouldn't need the whole set, of course.

I don't find I need a light attachment, as my bedside lamp does the job, and it's fine during the day. But each to their own;D

Yours is a great cover Melanie, excellent price as well.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) I just use the standard leather case with my kindle

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No, but I'm thinking of getting one. People where I work say they are easier to hold and feel like a real book.

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 123 comments I have a skin for my Kindle - not protectove but it does personalise it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003...

Also use a cheap leather look-alike cover - does the job!

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne Wouldn't be without my kindle cover from Amazon. Having the light means I can read in bed at whatever hour without disturbing my partner. Can read in a car while I am waiting for someone. Also gives the feel of opening a book. Lastly it is very protective.

message 12: by Tahlia (new)

Tahlia Newland (tahlian) | 90 comments Same as Anne. I brought the cover with the light for my Kindle and I'm really glad I did. It's well worth the price.