Nonstop Shuffle discussion

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
This topic is about Vampire Academy
Try Something New > Book/Book Series To Read #1

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ziyue (ziyue13) Read the iron fey series by Julie Kagawa! They r the best ever and I really think that u'll love them! As for artist or song, I pick Taylor swift because mostly her songs are about everyday someone's love life. In the iron fey series, book #2 refers to the song Haunted.

Ziyue (ziyue13) Ur welcome. ^.^

message 3: by maddie (new)

maddie (nevermoreobsesser) | 2 comments the series that is currently still in the process, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. th first book is out lready and is amazing!!!!!!! i can not get the story out of my head nd the author made me a total fan of Edgar Allen Poe, whose stories are tied to one of the min characters 'dreams' which really do happen in some sort of different dimension, iguess. perfectly written and unbelievably heart stopping romantic. A goth boy and the flyer of a cheerleading squad, coming togther by an english project, soon to fall in love no matter how hard they try to stop it.

message 4: by RAI (last edited May 27, 2012 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI Mimi wrote: "Read the iron fey series by Julie Kagawa! They r the best ever and I really think that u'll love them! As for artist or song, I pick Taylor swift because mostly her songs are about everyday someone..."

I LOVE that series! I especially love Ash, even though Puck is pretty cool. The song I picked for that part where they were at Meghan's school dance in the Iron Daughter was Standing in Front of You by Kelly Clarkson. I could picture Ash and Meghan dancing to that. Taylor Swift would be good for most of the books, though.

message 5: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI maddie wrote: "the series that is currently still in the process, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. th first book is out lready and is amazing!!!!!!! i can not get the story out of my head nd the author made me a total ..."

I've read that too!!!! It's SUCH a good book. The whole Edgar Allen Poe twist was really cool. Nevermore is one of those rare books that are original and NOT about vampire/werewolf drama that seems to be taking over the YA books right now. I can't wait for the second book to come out. It comes out in the summer, right?

message 6: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI I recommend the book the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. That book was hilarious, suspenseful, romantic, and didn't include anything revolving vampires or werewolves. The girl, Mara, ends up moving after the deaths of her friends and boyfriend where she was the only surviver. She doesn't remember what happened, but starts to in dreams. She meets this popular/rich guy at her new school who she ends up falling for even though she acted like she hated him. Mara ends up finding out that she has a deadly power ("literally"). Alot of things happen that's orchestrated by a mysterious person. At the end, though, Mara uncovers that the happy relationship she'd thought she had with her boyfriend and friends wasn't so. The song that stood out to me for this book as like a theme was Destroy Everything You Touch by Ladytron. I also pictured this song playing during the costume party scene. I really think whoever reads this book will love it.

message 7: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI Shani wrote: "I loved the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!!! I recommend that 2, I would also recommend the Gemma Doyle Trilogy."

Oh yeah! A Great and Terrible Beauty, right?

message 8: by Ziyue (last edited Aug 22, 2012 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ziyue (ziyue13) Has anyone read the maximum ride series? I want to read it but I don't know if it's a good series or not.

message 9: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI Mimi wrote: "Has anyone read the maximum ride series? I want to read it but I don't know if it's a good series or not."

Oh, I have! It is a good series to get into. I think you'll enjoy it. I know I have. It's actio-packed, there's some funny moments, and even a little romance. The bird kids rock! :)

message 10: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI Has anyone read Levianthan? Now, that's a series I'm hesitant to read, though it seems good. Also, Incarceron seems kind of a sketchy read too. I heard from a review that it wasn't very good becuz some of the characters lacked personality. Has anyone read read those two books?

message 11: by RAI (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI I just finished the second book in the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer series, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and it was AH-MAZING!!! :P The only song I keep hearing in my head is Kimbra's new song "Come Into My Head": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDQdY...

message 12: by RAI (last edited Apr 02, 2013 07:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

RAI Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins