Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Does anyone know how the cloud works for Kindle Fire.Is it free storage?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S (new)

S | 23 comments I wanted to know what is the difference if you use the cloud or store music on your device? I was wondering if cloud service was free at one point I heard you had to pay for it?

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (syar) | 142 comments I don't know if the cloud is free as I have not looked as we don't have the kindle fire in the uk but what they call by 'the cloud' is just another name for the Amazon servers. Instead if using space on your device you can store all your music on their servers and let your kindle access them through the Internet (using a secure link) this does mean that if you loose your connection then you won't be able to listen to anything unless the songs are stored in the device.

I hope this helps.

message 3: by S (new)

S | 23 comments Thanks so much. This does help. I would want to listen to my music anytime so I'm glad that I saved it to the device.

>Aaron wrote: "I don't know if the cloud is free as I have not looked as we don't have the kindle fire in the uk but what they call by 'the cloud' is just another name for the Amazon servers. Instead if using spa..."

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments It is free to use.

Ralph Gallagher | 327 comments Mod
Amazon's storage is free up to a certain point. Anything you purchase from Amazon (movies, TV shows, music) are store on their serves for free with unlimited space. If you want to store things you didn't purchase from them, you have 2GB of free storage. If you want more than that, you can pay a fee for more storage.