Home Base discussion

Book Chat > The Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Kitty wrote: "I personally like these books, being the romantic teen I am.

Yes, even though the pretense ( [spoilers removed] was morally wrong, the idea of shadowhunters was good.

Then she wrote a fourt..."

I agree so much with that! I was happy to know they weren't really related. ((Kinda called it)) =P

The fourth one was SO bad though! She shoulda stopped when she had the chance.

message 3: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ I know! UGH! I used to like Cassandra Clare!

I like the Infernal Devices though. I hope she doesn't butcher them too.

message 4: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) That's exactly how I felt! At least I know I'm not crazy now! It was one of the worst books I've ever read - and that's almost a praise again, because there has never been a book I really hated. Until now.
She absolutely ruined it and I crossed it out of my memory as soon as possible. I won't read the next volume.

But The Infernal Devices are good? I like the Shadowhunter-idea too. ;)

message 5: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Okay, then I'll take the risk, I think. I'll trust you on this. ;)

message 6: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Yay! I really liked the Infernal Devices. As for the MI I kinda have to read the next book or it will keep bugging me for what happens next.

message 7: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) I was successful in tuning it out. Never managed that before, but somehow it worked for this books - and I'm glad.

message 8: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Yeah, I know what you mean. There aren't many books I dislike. I got really annoyed with the Alchamyst series though and quit.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ What?! How!? I thought they were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

And I kind of liked the series, but I quit after the third book...

message 10: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) GOOD idea. We were talking about the fourth book. Don't ever repeat our mistakes: DO NOT READ IT. PLEASE. It just ruins everything!

message 11: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 12:55PM) (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ Okay, okay. I'll take your advice :P

I wasn't very interested in reading it anyway. Or the other series either...

message 12: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) I'm going to read it. EVERYTHING to erase MI 4...

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ Yikes, was it that bad?