The Making of a Man discussion

Query

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Adams (dianeadams) | 264 comments Mod
It's been suggested by several people and in more than one place that I stop writing X&J as my free reads and give them a book.

Thoughts?

message 2: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 8 comments How about Both? It's just a suggestion... I guess i'm greedy and shameless :)

message 3: by Diane (last edited Feb 19, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

There's really no way to do both.

As Stephen King, who is way more popular than me, already proved...if you give it away free on the internet, no one buys the book. I'd feel pretty bad anyhow asking someone to pay for something I wrote free to start with.

That being said, I do indeed have an entire story about them in my head, and it ties in with varying complexity with my Making of a Man series.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane (Diall68) | 3 comments I've noticed some authors, like Amber Kell, TA Chase and Bailey Bradford, offer blog stories, but they don't always give you the full version or all the chapters before the final book comes out, so you've gotten this great set up, but then you can read the whole story because quite often the blog stories are only one chapter a week, as opposed to having a whole book you can read continuously.
So I think it could be mixed up a bit since, with a whole book, you can expand more than in a blog story or the Silver Shorts if you are limited to the number of words you are to do. The characters in this series are so great, short or long, I'll be willing to read them for free or buy them when complete, I like them that much!!!!

message 5: by Deeze (new)

Deeze | 37 comments I would love to read X&J as a full length book. While I love the free short snippits, they really leave me wanting more.

In my ideal word they would have a full book of their own and the free snippits would be small tastes of things that never made it into the book. Like with the free shorts from Alex and Jared. I loved the Ice cream one

But then I love living in my perfect fantsy world LOL.

message 6: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 8 comments The important thing is that we do get their story, and maybe the whole book would be better because the story would more developed and as you said Diane, you already have their story in your head...

Besides waiting a whole week for the next snippet is killing me, I´m just to curious for my own good :)

That said, in my case having short stories about X&J would not make any less interested in buying the book, on the contrary it would increase my curiosity.

message 7: by Diane (new)

I guess the main reason I'm thinking about this as one or the other is because I am writing their story, and not just scenes, that's why it seems like a tease at the end sometimes.

I think for now at least I'm going to keep on as I'm going. I have a couple things to finish before I start a new project. I'll take a look at it again then and see how things are going.

You'll be seeing X&J in the upcoming Making of a Man releases.

Thanks for your input, it's great knowing what you all think and really helped me out.

message 8: by Bubbles Hunty (new)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions  (vapidbubbles) i don't read much online stuff, and nothing that's a continuation. I'm not patient and don't like waiting for a story in pieces. I think free reads are great though and if people are reading that great but for me I'd rather buy a complete book then read on the web on installment at a time. That said i haven't read about these two and wont until it's done and in a downloadable pdf or for sale

I also really hope we aren't supposed to know their story for the MofaM books or they spoil whats written about these guys since i havent read them. But i trust you not to add to many details to where i'll be confused not reading the X&J chronicles

message 9: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (lyd55) | 63 comments I'll take whatever you can give us!