Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Shadow's Master (Shadow Saga, #3)
This topic is about Shadow's Master
Questions > Update release date... maybe?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasa (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:30PM) (new) - added it

Natasa (natasalikes) | 146 comments According to all major retailers, the release date for Shadow's Master by Jon Sprunk is March 27, 2012. The author made an announcement today that Amazon is selling it early from today (February 18). I checked a few other retailers (Kobo, Abebooks, Book Depository, Indiebound etc) but the release date on each page is still March 27th and none are selling it early except Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Book Depository (even though the release date for those is still March 27).

Since Amazon and B&N are basically the biggest retailers I figured I'd be OK in changing the publication date to February 18, but I'm really not sure, since the publisher's page hasn't changed the date. Should it change or stay the same?

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim | 604 comments Is it only the ebook editions that are being sold early? Or hardcover as well?

message 3: by Natasa (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:32PM) (new) - added it

Natasa (natasalikes) | 146 comments Seems it's just the paperback.

ETA - The only current hardcover edition is for the UK and it's being released in June.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim | 604 comments Hmm I'm unsure. B&N, BD and Amazon still have it listed as 27th of March for publication. I wonder if you bought it it would say it's not available yet. Maybe a mistake?

message 5: by Natasa (new) - added it

Natasa (natasalikes) | 146 comments I really don't know... the author said on his Facebook page initially the book getting released early was an 'unofficial' tip but then he says the Kindle & Nook editions will be out by the end of the month. Implying the information is from the powers that be? I have no idea...

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments I would change it Amazon lets you buy it, there is no pre order option which is what normally happens is the book is not yet available for sale.

message 7: by Natasa (new) - added it

Natasa (natasalikes) | 146 comments I figured that too, but the other retailers except Amazon, B&N and Book Depository aren't selling it yet and do have the pre-order option. Not to mention the publisher's page still has it for March 27th :P

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Just because other retailers are not selling does not necessarily mean its not published.

If it turns out to be fake release date and the book is not for sale then the date can be changed to when it is

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Perhaps change the date but put a note in the description indicating the early release date is only for those three booksellers?

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Berry | 8 comments No publishing date for this book on my list of books read:
Published May 15th 2007 by Random House
ISBN
1400066336 (ISBN13: 9781400066339)
The Descendants

message 11: by Natasa (new) - added it

Natasa (natasalikes) | 146 comments Jennifer E. wrote: "Perhaps change the date but put a note in the description indicating the early release date is only for those three booksellers?"

Good solution

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow's Master (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jon Sprunk (other topics)