The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion


168 views
Your two top take aways from the series?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Launchingstars 1) Take every civil and academic step possible to be the "Victor not the Victim' and 2)Buy and carry a Stun Gun~


Richard 1) Read the first book and see the original movie

2) Don't bother with the other 2 books


Stephanie Coffee is more important than water.

Tasers are AWESOME :)


Bobbie Williams Saddness at the fact that the author has died and I will not be able to read another of his books.

What an absolutely amazing female character he created.


Elisa Santos Coffee and sandwiches at every waking hour is cool and slimming.

Never pass judgment on a supposed "outcast" - they might turn out to be amaizinglymore inteligent than you.


Ariadne 1) Never give a seriously drawn out discription of a room unless you want people to die of serious boredom.

2) And like Launchingstars said, buy and carry a stun gun with you at all times!!!


C.C. 1. Stun guns are awesome
2. I need to be bad ass w/ computers


Annemarie Donahue Chicks who can hack are awesome
Stun guns are bad ass.


G.L. Breedon 1 - It's really satisfying to see truly evil people receive justice.

2 - Never piss off Lisbeth Salander. Ever.


message 10: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Janveau 1) Swedes are way more intense then I ever imagined.

2) Even anti-social goth chicks would like bigger boobs.


message 11: by Zirk (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zirk 1) Great female character.
2) Parody taken at face value can lead to untold success if you die in time.


message 12: by Juan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juan 1.) Encrypt every email
2.) Don't leave anything out in the open.


Licha 1. Lisbeth-one of my favorite characters in a book ever. She is a woman who is strong, intelligent and a true survivor.

2. Will it get taken the wrong way if I say Lisbeth doled out some poetic justice to her rapist?


Matthew Vacca 1) Out of shape, middle-aged Swedish journalists get more tail than Sinatra

2) Anytime is a good time for coffee and a sandwich


Licha Lorenzo wrote: "Hell no! Bjurman totally got what he had coming."

Thanks. I thought I'd get eaten alive for that one. By the way, love your profile pic.


Ariadne Matthew wrote: "1) Out of shape, middle-aged Swedish journalists get more tail than Sinatra

2) Anytime is a good time for coffee and a sandwich"


I noticed both of those things as well. It seems like every five pages (this might be a total exaggeration but still) it seemed like Blomkvist was either getting laid or eating a sandwich and drinking coffee.


Ariadne Lorenzo wrote: "1) Don't be a loner cyberpunk chick in a Stieg Larsson novel.

2) Billy's Pan Pizza is a food group."


The whole pizza thing does seem like it's a food group. I think way too many people (adults and children alike) would be eating it every single day if it were.


Robinnbastar 1./ lisabeth has a really fucked up childhood and teenage life, but she never thought of taking her own life. Now every time im stress, the word suicide never pop in my head again. I kinda look up to her like a big sister.

2./ friendship = trust + respect. i love this definition. :)


Launchingstars Robinnbastar wrote: "1./ lisabeth has a really fucked up childhood and teenage life, but she never thought of taking her own life. Now every time im stress, the word suicide never pop in my head again. I kinda look up ..."
We appreciate your honesty~


message 20: by Jabberwocky (last edited Apr 04, 2012 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jabberwocky 1)A 40+, average looking, aging journalist, going 'soft around the middle' can be a ladies man is Sweden.
2)"There are not many social situations that cannot be solved with a hammer."
3) Duct tape is an fabulous bandage.

Real life stuff there, my man.


Barbara Bobbie wrote: "Saddness at the fact that the author has died and I will not be able to read another of his books.

What an absolutely amazing female character he created."


Bobbie, I too am bummed out that the death of this author will end what could have been a very intriguing series.


Kirby Jabberwocky wrote: "1)A 40+, average looking, aging journalist, going 'soft around the middle' can be a ladies man is Sweden.
2)"There are not many social situations that cannot be solved with a hammer."
3) Duct tap..."


duct tape is just all around fabulous! :)


Gaurav 1. You can have coffee any time of the day/night
2. Never piss off Liz :)


Tatiaana Maria wrote: "Coffee and sandwiches at every waking hour is cool and slimming.

Also, Powerbooks. Coffee, sandwiches, and one's Mac... all one needs in Sweden.



back to top