Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > How do I add authors to my favorite authors?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Davis | 53 comments What I've done so far. Went to "manage" page for my favorite authors. Clicked "find authors." This took me to a "Goodreads Authors" page, with the tab "recent" open. I clicked the tab "My Authors." But that just brought me back to the same "Goodreads Author" page with the "recent" tab still opened.

message 2: by Ulrike (new)

Ulrike To add an author to your favorites you just go to an author page and click the "become a fan" button underneath the profile picture.

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Davis | 53 comments Ulrike wrote: "To add an author to your favorites you just go to an author page and click the "become a fan" button underneath the profile picture."
Thank you, Ulrike! Can you help me with something else? I am trying to add authors to my "influences." I go to the "influences" text block in edit mode, but I don't see an "add an author" link there. Thanks again.

message 4: by DaveA (new)

DaveA | 1 comments Ulrike wrote: "To add an author to your favorites you just go to an author page and click the "become a fan" button underneath the profile picture."

There is no longer a "become a fan" button. Now there is only a "follow author" button, and it doesn't add that author to the favorite authors list. This feature needs a UI redesign, in my opinion.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13730 comments Next to the "follow author" button there is a dropdown menu (click the upside-down ^) which has the option "add to my favorite authors".

This is not an issue for the Librarians Group btw, but for the Feedback Group.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.