Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) Inheritance question

Do you think the author should write another book?
Matt Hageman Matt Feb 18, 2012 06:20AM
I really loved this series but I think the author should do something more with it. Maybe a prequel or something but I think there needs to be something more.

Kira4Inu (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:10PM ) Feb 20, 2012 11:48AM   1 vote
I definitely think there should be a prequel about when Brom and Morzan were Riders and Galbatorix. . . You know, before Eragon was born. . .

I also think he should write more after a few years in the future, when more Riders are around and Eragon to train them. . . Just my opinio

i dont want to wait for another 3 to 4 years for a book which is like 'inheritance'...i mean its good...but not the which was expected by fans of it..!!
truly speaking....one of the fanfiction i read is way more interesting than the final book..!

i actually hoped that after i completed reading the book...like second day of its release....there would be an announcement to fans from CP saying 'sorry guys....its the wrong copy of the final one....the original one is in process of reprinting'..!!

i loved all the books but i think there should be a 5th and mabey evan a 6th book about the new riders and firnen

No, the last book was horrible, imo. I never even finished it..

I think he will but it will not be a book, just something to fill in the blanks

I might have pitched into this conversation already. I can't remember. But just in case I haven't: Yes, I think Paolini shoudl write another book, but not necessairly in this series. If he's serious about being a writer, he should branch out and create something new. Maybe a new series, or a stand alone book.

then there should be another series about the riders when the where first put together and then there downfall

I do but i'm kind of worried I wouldn't like it. At least now i can just pretend things go the way I hope..

Either way I'm happy.

I think he should write one when all the dragons are back and Eragon trains them. Murtagh could come and help him two.

He could, but he really isn't very good as a writer. That or he has a poor editor.

Each of the books has had its fair share of problems in the writing that I hoped would get better as he wrote more.

Note I don't have a problem with his story, It is just that the books are so raw and cumbersome that they each needed more work. Had that work been done to polish the story, something much better could have been produced. If he could get another writer to assist him to smooth out the problems then it could be ok, but it would need to be a shift from this cycle. If it was in that world then it should be all new characters, with at most Eragorn being a side character with little involvement. If a "prequel" go way before Brom.

No. I couldn't take the disappointment again.

Neal (last edited Nov 19, 2012 12:25PM ) Feb 18, 2012 04:09PM   0 votes
He hinted as much at the end of Inheritance that there will be more, possibly in the same area.

He is a good enough writer that whatever he tries next will probably sell. That said, I will probably not touch any of his future works until all of the series is complete. His time between works is horrible.

deleted member Feb 21, 2012 10:19PM   0 votes
No offence, but no, unless he improves.

He definitely left room for another.

Christopher mentioned a possibility of a another book but there's some rumour that he will take 5 years to even start and so it's just best to give up on the series. besides inheritance had totally sucked in every possible way. paolini would probably exaggerate a prequel whose basic plot we already know and grab our cash.

I really hope the "Trilogy" doesn't get a fifth book, I am barely making it through the fourth right now.

deleted member Nov 23, 2012 01:26AM   0 votes
I'd like to know a bit more about those girls Eragon blessed in Brisingr- or a prequel about Angela!