Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Can you purchase only one?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments When you're shopping for books be it offline or online can you only purchase ONE book?

For me..When I'm shopping in an actual store it's easy for me to just buy ONE book..However, when using an online store I'll usually purchase quite a few. I usually do this so I get my moneys worth with postage and then all the fees that come with using a CC.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Not normally, but I do try to limit myself

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68779 comments Mod
Depends what books are there, what I want etc. I bought just the one yesterday, that was because the other 2 I'm waiting for aren't in yet. But online, I agree Laura, it's a little harder to say just one!!! I try to pay no postage, so it's ok then;D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Im the same online I buy more then one..pretty much all the time! in store I can sort of limit myself but sometimes not

message 5: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 698 comments yep - just one... or two, or three, maybe four... all the way to 1500 or so :)

No self control when it comes to books, real or electronic

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 69 comments It depends on the shape of my budget at the time I'm book shopping.

I try to stay away from online stores when I know I shouldn't be buying.

And in real bookshops? I'm the person who keep grabbing books off the shelves and then only when it's checkout time realizes just how many books I have... then I usually put all back but one or two.

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Jenna I always have a hard time restricting myself to one - or none! I'm addicted to acquiring books.

message 8: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) | 456 comments I have a massive addiction to looking for book deals whether it be online or in a bookstore. When in the bookstore I always buy the books that have better deals, online I always go through amazon because they are at least a few dollars cheaper and when you hit a certain amount usually you get a deal on postage as well :D

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Sherri wrote: "I have a massive addiction to looking for book deals whether it be online or in a bookstore. When in the bookstore I always buy the books that have better deals, online I always go through amazon b..."

But you have to go to Book Depository Sherri! Their prices are great, and they have FREE delivery ALL the time:D

message 10: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) | 456 comments I'll keep that in mind Brenda :D though I probably won't be able to buy anything until I sell some of my knitwork lol ;D

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Sherri wrote: "I'll keep that in mind Brenda :D though I probably won't be able to buy anything until I sell some of my knitwork lol ;D"

That's the way...lol I have it bookmarked http://www.bookdepository.com/ ;D

message 12: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) | 456 comments lol nice! ill have to check them out eventually :D