Amazon Kindle discussion

Book Related Banter > Anyone else routinely ask for Kindle Ed's for books?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Yes, every time I come across a book I want that's not already available on Kindle, I ask for it, but fortunately most of the books I want are already available. I've noticed the lack most often with older books published before the Kindle first came out, e.g. Carl Sagan's books, and a few new ones that are probably waiting until the hardback has had a chance to sell some. There are also some publishers and some authors who don't do Kindles. That's frustrating.

message 2: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 82 comments Absolutely my family knows if I ask for a book I want it on kindle and if it is not available I will wait for the kindle edition. I like having all of my books in one convenient place and I don't have the shelf space for more books.

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Hinze (vickihinze) I do, Kate. Ask for books that aren't on Kindle to be on Kindle.

I can't read paper books without straining my eyes, so it takes a lot longer to read them. So absolutely I ask for them in Kindle edition if there isn't one.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paula66) | 13 comments Well in Australia we don't have the "request the book in ebook format" button on our pages which I think sucks. I don't understand why other countries get to comment on the issue but we can't. (easily)

message 5: by Char (new)

Char There is a service/site called ereaderiq.com.
They have emails listing free books by genre.
They also have a price tracking feature which works very well. List the books you are interested in and you will receive an email when the book drops in price.

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 4 comments All the time. I refuse to buy physical books now. I'm honestly done. I will never buy another paper book again for any reason. (Unless it's required for school.)

message 7: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Usually a couple of times a month at least.

message 8: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Just asked for a book that's crying out for a Kindle edition. there's a whole new geekly audience that never heard of Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid.