The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SPRING CHALLENGE 2012: FIRE > 5.6 - SRC Recommends Redux

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17600 comments Mod
5.6 SRC Recommends Redux- Add one or more books that you recommend to the Seasonal Reading Challenge Recommended Books, or vote for your favorites already listed, AND
Read a book from that list that someone else recommended.
Required: Please include the title of at least one book that you added or voted for AND the number ranking of your book at the time you selected it when you post.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

reserved

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

reserved

message 4: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments When you say "pick from that list"--- Do you mean the Seasonal Reading Challenge Recommended Books list---
or do we click something else? I'm sorry for not understanding.

message 5: by Dlmrose (new)

Choose one of the books from that listopia list- any book on the list works as long as you did not add it yourself. You do need to make a recommendation by voting for a book or adding a book to the list

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 939 comments I don't understand this task.
I read a book from someone's vote list & then post 1 of the 33 books I voted on or added, then post the ranking? WHERE DO I FIND THE RANKING, PLS? Did I understand the task, D?

message 7: by Dlmrose (new)

The ranking is the number to the left of the title. Currently, The Hunger Games is #1, The Maze Runner is #100

Yes, it sounds like you understand the task. Pick any book on the list (595 as of this morning), vote for your favorites and/or add your recommended books, and post at least one of those votes and the book's number so the mod can find the book you claim on the list when reviewing completed tasks.

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3929 comments OK,, I thought that I understood and now I am not sure. The book ranking I post is the ranking for one of the books that I voted for/added or for the book I chose to read?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Bea wrote: "OK,, I thought that I understood and now I am not sure. The book ranking I post is the ranking for one of the books that I voted for/added or for the book I chose to read?"

Post the # of the book you read

You cannot read a book you add to the list

message 10: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3929 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Bea wrote: "OK,, I thought that I understood and now I am not sure. The book ranking I post is the ranking for one of the books that I voted for/added or for the book I chose to read?"

Post the #..."

OK...that is what I originally thought. The idea being that as people vote on books, the ranking number will change, right?

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

correct

message 12: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments I have voted for Hunger Games so can I read that as I didn't add it, just voted for it? x

message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Claire wrote: "I have voted for Hunger Games so can I read that as I didn't add it, just voted for it? x"

No, sorry, you'll need to pick another book from the list

message 14: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments Any book that I haven't voted for then?

message 15: by Dlmrose (new)

Claire wrote: "Any book that I haven't voted for then?"

That works

In theory the list is for books that you have read and would recommend to others