Karachi discussion

not about books > NEED TO HAVE SOME DISCUSSION

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Lets talk about Pakistan's first Oscar nominee - Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy how is that for starter.

message 2: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments well those who doesn't know then just google her. Because of her documentary "saving face" Acid voilence issue has been highlighted on international platform and the acid users or perpetrator will think twice before using acid and will be punished with imprisonment for life.

She made me feel proud. Its not everyday you get to hear about something good in pakistan. Can't wait to watch it :)

message 3: by Zeeshan (new)

Zeeshan Raza (zeeshanraza) | 107 comments Mod
Qurratulain wrote: "Although I do not know much about it but I've got an idea going through on google as u said...gr8"

I absolutely agree with you Qurratulain. Karachi is not known to be boring and quite. We should have some activity going on here.

@Famma. Sharmeen Chinoy is very talented and she can really do an awesome job for our country, one thing I don't understand is why is she only focused on highlighting the evils of our society. I really have mixed feelings as I see her going for Oscars and yet when I see the video it turns me down in terms of what the world is going to think about our country.

message 4: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments She didn't make this to get the nomination. The issue she raises are the one we try not to talk about. We got problems loads of problem and i think if we get attention this way to sort it out then fine. What have we done anyway before that movie?
Let other people do the positive work to clean Pakistan image.

message 5: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments She got the oscar yayyyy!!!

message 6: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments guess khi people aren't interested to post anything... seems quite busy to me ;)

message 7: by Parsa, the obsessive reader (new)

Parsa | 176 comments Mod
Famma wrote: "well those who doesn't know then just google her. Because of her documentary "saving face" Acid voilence issue has been highlighted on international platform and the acid users or perpetrator will think twice before using acid and will be punished with imprisonment for life."

I do not believe that anything is going to change here in Pakistan about the issue. People who use acid are still going to do that and there is extremely high probability that they'll go free too.

Though ofcourse I am glad she won an oscar. :)

message 8: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments @ Paras The day she won oscar I heard a woman threw acid on husband so you're right things won't change but nothing will remain be the same.

I got to know about the corrupted Ngos when I started reading about it. Smile Foundation PK Scandal and people behind it.

message 9: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments Lets begin somethin new

Ermmmmmmmm I can't think of anything at the moment beside book stuff ;)

What do you think of Hunger Games movie? I haven't seen it yet

message 10: by Parsa, the obsessive reader (new)

Parsa | 176 comments Mod
Famma wrote: "@ Paras The day she won oscar I heard a woman threw acid on husband so you're right things won't change but nothing will remain be the same."

oh yes, I know someone who did that and killed her abusive polygamist husband a yr before. but anyways...

message 11: by Parsa, the obsessive reader (new)

Parsa | 176 comments Mod
What do you think of Hunger Games movie? I haven't seen it yet"

I think the movie suck big time. book was so much better!!

message 12: by Zeeshan (new)

Zeeshan Raza (zeeshanraza) | 107 comments Mod
JUST WANNA SAY, HI, I am still here :-D

message 13: by Famma (new)

Famma | 99 comments @ PARAS Seriously!!! Well I didn't like Katniss when I saw the trailers first. I haven't seen it yet will let you know how i find it.

@ Zeeshan Hi

message 14: by Mehwish (new)

Mehwish (bookwormwishie) | 2 comments Hi.. What's crackalackin?