Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > oh, help: undo librarian edit? where?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Hi, There used to be an undo for librarian edits because I needed to use it once.

Now, I need to use it again. I really blew it.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/edits/4...

I deleted the "blank book" of French children dont throw food which is the same book as Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting but somehow combined 5 shelvings with the other of Pamela Druckerman's books: Lust in Translation: The Rules of Infidelity from Tokyo to Tennessee

If anybody can tell me how this can be fixed, if it can be fixed, much thanks. And a major apology from me.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42032 comments Mod
Deletions have no undo link because they cannot be undone.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments rivka wrote: "Deletions have no undo link because they cannot be undone."

Ack! Well, and I unfortunately don't know which 5 people shelved that book. I hate making these kinds of mistakes. I'll check the book and if not too, too many have shelved it, maybe I'll pm those I can. Their reviews/ratings/shelvings will be there, but at the wrong book.

Thanks, Rivka. And, I'll aim to not make any other errors as bad as this one.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42032 comments Mod
Even the most careful librarians make mistakes on occasion.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments rivka wrote: "Even the most careful librarians make mistakes on occasion."

I know but this was a particularly stupid one and I feel awful. But, moving on. I did check the reviews but all seemed to belong to the book. If I'd found any that were meant for the other book I would have commented on them or sent pms.