Book Lovers discussion

Twilight

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel, Creator of Book Lovers group (new)

Rachel (RachelMH) | 44 comments Mod
Why do people not like Twilight!? Its is like the best book out there!

message 2: by Karina (new)

Karina I love Twilight :)

message 3: by Lucille (last edited Feb 17, 2012 06:47PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) I don't actually love it, nor hate it. I thought it was really great and romantic, though it was poorly written, which I just realized after re-reading it when I got older.

Okay, let me rephrase, it's not exactly poorly written... more like simplified. The sentences are easy to understand, and the conversations are mostly what people talk about everyday (except for the vampire topics).

When I was young, I didn't mind that Edward sparkles or he reads people's minds or that he's a creepy stalker (I still don't mind it). All I thought about was that he and Bella loved each other, and I was a sucker for happy endings. So, maybe that's why it appeals more to us teens than adults who has read more books than us.

message 4: by Karina (new)

Karina There are two things I wish would have been different:
1. The Sparkling Vampires...I did not like that.
2. I wish Bella was a stronger character..I hate that Edward always has to save her and she gets a little clingy.

I was okay with everything else including how simple the writting was because afterall it is YA so it only makes sense.

I am a hopeless romantic so ofcourse I love the series :)

and I was soo mad that Midnight Sun was never finished!!

message 5: by Rachel, Creator of Book Lovers group (new)

I haven't read that because I'm afraid that I will love it and she will never finish it!

message 6: by Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:35PM) (new)

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 2 comments Lucille wrote: "I don't actually love it, nor hate it. I thought it was really great and romantic, though it was poorly written, which I just realized after re-reading it when I got older.

Okay, let me rephrase,..."

lol, my thouhts to. i liked it better when i was twelve and i ignored the who sparkling and all the other cliches in it. :)

i still like it a lot though, but just not a as much. and i think that there are definatly some better books out there.

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 2 comments Karina wrote: "There are two things I wish would have been different:
2. I wish Bella was a stronger character..I hate that Edward always has to save her and she..."

agreed. i hate Bella's actions sometimes.

message 8: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) i will never be part of this section :P

message 9: by Rachel, Creator of Book Lovers group (new)

Cat wrote: "Karina wrote: "There are two things I wish would have been different:
2. I wish Bella was a stronger character..I hate that Edward always has to sav..."

I know! Almost always Bella has to do something stupid like love Jacob when she knows that Edward is for her! Then she hurts everyone's feelings!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

eh don't have feelings for it really

message 11: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 12 comments well, as someone else said on another thread, it's probably largely b/c so many people have read it, including so many people outside of its targeted audience...this just leads to a lot more people reading it and perhaps hating it...

message 12: by Coletta (new)

Coletta Fuller | 1 comments I would have liked it better if Bella had chosen Jacob because he is so much awesomer, even everyone knew that would never happen.

message 13: by Rachel, Creator of Book Lovers group (new)

I think that Jacob would be fun to date, but I would want to marry Edward!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed!

message 15: by QR (new)

QR (qr019) It's a good read, but it's nothing to obsess over.

www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.com