Books Without Borders discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (tallmisto) | 4 comments Hi. I'm Sarah. I live in Arizona, am a photographer, 3 kids, one husband, love to eat, and have lots of books on my shelf.
Thank you Maranda for suggesting I join your group. I think I will actually get to discuss books. My book club here constantly forgets to read the selection and drinks way to much wine.

I love talking about books!

Thank you.

Maranda (addlebrained_reader) (mannadonn) | 367 comments Mod
LOL!!! Well I won't deny that I drink a bit too much wine. But we definitely get to do the book talk on our own schedule. If you notice some typos from me then you will have to wonder about my wine drinking. LOL!!!

Please make sure you suggest a fiction and non-fiction title for our March 2012 group read! You will find that thread above this one! I would like to get the poll up by Monday!

I'm glad you joined the group and can't wait to discuss books with you!!!

message 3: by Jami (new)

Jami Collier Hi....My name is Jami and I live in NC. I have been married for 15+ years and have a 12 year old daughter. I was always the nerdy kid in school who carried a book with me everywhere I went. I still do,but at my age it's okay to be a nerd. Love to talk books so thanx for the invite!!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Covarrubias (romancewithabook) Thanks for the invite! Hello, my name is Angela and I live in Houston, TX, am married, have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I love, love to read just about better than anyone else. My children (now about grown) are always asking me "how to you just sit and read for so long"? Easy, I LOVE IT! When they were little I purchased them all kinds of books hoping they would want to read, as much as I read to them. Nope they don't read books unless it's a school book. I am excited to get to talk to fellow book lovers! Thanks!

Jami wrote: "Hi....My name is Jami and I live in NC. I have been married for 15+ years and have a 12 year old daughter. I was always the nerdy kid in school who carried a book with me everywhere I went. I st..."

Hi Jami!! Thanks for joining our group! I have to make sure my purse is big enough now to be able to fit a book. I totally understand!

I look forward to discussing books with you!

Angela wrote: "Thanks for the invite! Hello, my name is Angela and I live in Houston, TX, am married, have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I love, love to read just about better than anyone else. My children (now about grow..."

I Angela! I'm in the Austin area! We aren't too far from each other!

I used to rock my daughter to sleep while reading to her. She LOVES books...but she's barely going to be 5 in a couple months. We'll see how she is about books when she's older. ;-)

Thanks for joining the group! I look forward to discussing books with you!

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Covarrubias (romancewithabook) Hello, and nice to meet you! I wished my kids loved books... I still try to get them to read! Still no luck. :)

Angela wrote: "Hello, and nice to meet you! I wished my kids loved books... I still try to get them to read! Still no luck. :)"

Give it time! I hated reading as a child. But now I'm crazy about books. It could change.