Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Listopia lists: does anyone use them

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Edstrom (eric_edstrom) I just noticed the list feature here at GR and I'm wondering if any other authors have been successful getting on relevant lists. I know I could create a list and put my book on it, but I'm not that great at curating these kinds of things. Any comments on lists and their usefulness would be most welcome.

message 2: by Mika (new)

Mika (mikamilette) | 5 comments I do, mostly when I am in the mood to read certain type of book so the book list helps narrow my search and I usually find new authors that way.

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) Gotta be honest...Never really used them...I get sooo many referrals of books from my GR friends that I haven't seen the need. (it could be because I don't really understand what they are all about...*pleading ignorance*)

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Edstrom (eric_edstrom) So how do you find the relevant list. Do you just go to listopia and search for a specific kind of list and then browse it? Do you actively create lists or add books to lists?

message 5: by Wade (new)

Wade (wadekelly) | 4 comments I have found them helpful. I read some really great books because I saw it on a list. I keep browsing them!

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments It can be useful if your looking for certain types of books to read in a series or the same genre. I made one for Halloween which included my book but it kinda backfired and took off to quick, my books were lost in the list. But yeah lists can be quite helpful

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Thedaydreamer3 wrote: "You can sure use it to promote your book.
I use it to search a lot of books with the same theme/setting."

This is true, although i had told someone on herout it and then their friends added books and then mine dropped more and more lol but i still say its a good tool!