☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Shout Out For Help > General Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Feb 17, 2012 02:52AM) (new)

Sarah This discussion is for short questions which require short answers. If your question requires a discussion and long, detailed answers or advice, make yourself a discussion in the Shout Out For Help folder.

I HAVE A QUESTION!

What does 'power-playing' mean when you're talking about role playing?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Anyone know the answer?!

message 3: by cαssιe ♥ (new)

cαssιe ♥ | 526 comments Not very sure because my friend on Goodreads tried to explain it to me but she said something like:

It's kinda when you control someone else's character or something like that. Some groups make that rule because people power play and kill them off.

Not very sure so anyone want to correct me on this?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I thought it might be that but I wasn't too sure.

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Power-playing is when you control someones elses character.
Ex: Sasha plunged a knife into his throat and he died imdediatly.
That would be power-playing because you controled the other person's charrie and made him die.

get it.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yeah. Thanks. :)

message 8: by Kayden (new)

Kayden Lee (kaydenlee) | 3 comments Can anyone tell me how to change the cover picture of my book? The cover was redone a while back, and can't seem to be able to change it on this site.
Thanks.

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) What happen to all of the mods??

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments what do most people want in a book?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Are you writing a book?

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments erm, kinda, not a good one anyway.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah People want a story that's different. One that's unique, not a cliché, with a good plot that isn't boring. You hav to add a twist but keep it understandable. With good grammar and spelling as well. You have to make your idea original and stand out.

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments thanks!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Welcome (: You know what, you should check out wattpad.com if you haven't got an account already.

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments ok!

message 17: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments thanks-again!

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol, that's fine :) I spend most of my time on there now - its better for getting your story out there. I'm SarahTheColdplayer if you need help on there.

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments thanks-again-again! I have just changed my idea of the fourth hunger games in here. I don't know why i have just told you that but i just want everyone to know it's going to be different. Anyway, whats up?

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol, okay :) Not much, you?

message 21: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 66 comments same

message 22: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Cheyenne | 665 comments Mod
Hello, I just joined. Are the poetry competitions usually weekly, or should I expect gaps in between?

message 23: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

I noticed the "mods needed" thread, and also that new mods still haven't been chosen. If it would be acceptable, I'd love to put in an application. I'm on goodreads all the time, and I'd be happy to help keep things running around here. :) So I guess my question then would be: May I put in a last minute application for consideration? If not, no hard feelings. ^^

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Sure, I just haven't had time to pick yet, and I've been meaning to extend the deadline.

message 25: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

All right that sounds good. So, I'll just assume that I should put it in the thread with the others? :)

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yes :)

message 27: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

All right, I put it in last night. Do you know how long you're extending the deadline for/when new mods will be picked? (Just so I know when I need to come and check it.)

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I've edited it on the mod applications thread, it's the 25th of June :) I'll message everyone anyone when I've chosen anyways.

message 29: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

All right :) That's good because I don't get back from SMMC (it's a music camp) until the 22nd or 23rd or something like that..

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah OKidokie ! :)

message 31: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) I want to start a blog but nobody answers me. Why?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah What do you mean no one answers?

message 33: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) I went to the blog file in the discussion board but nobody told me how to do it.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah How do I disguise a link in a word? For example, Go here to read my story. And the person has put the link into the word here, so that when you click on it you're taken to their story.e

Please help me O.O

message 35: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

It's a pain. click on "some html is ok". It'll show you what I'm probably about to explain very poorly.

You know how you put something in italics with the < i > < / i >?? (I put spaces between characters so they wouldn't disappear.) Well, you kind of do the same thing with links except with the letter "a". In the < a > part, you have to put ((Again, remember to exclude the spaces. I'm JUST using them so that the characters don't disappear.)) < a h r e f = "and here you put your link"> then you put your text here, and you end it with this < / a > ((AGAIN, don't use the spaces. If I don't put spaces, the characters will disappear.))

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Okay thanks :) That's much more helpful than the some HTML is okay thingy. :)

message 37: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Oh, and also: you DO need a space between < a and h r e f = "

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Okay :)

message 39: by Dyuti (new)

Dyuti (dyuti_c) When will we have the Monthly writing competition for July? Have you guys decided on a Topic?

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah There isn't a theme for July writing of the month, and I'll put it up tomorrow. The themed competitions are weekly themed writing and weekly themed poetry comps.

message 41: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Wait, what's going on here? You're putting up a monthly competition, or you're going to set up the new weekly competition?

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Putting up the writing of the month. Tomorrow. For July. 1st July tomorrow.

message 43: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Okay. I guess I never noticed a monthly competition :) I haven't been here for terribly long though, so I suppose that's a good excuse ;p

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah How do you put a picture in a comment? :)

message 45: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Oh man. That one's more of a pain than the links. One second.

message 46: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

< img src="you put your link to the image in here" width="40" height="100" alt=" your description here description" / > Make sure you have the width and height set as what you want them to be. And no space between < and img, no space between the last three characters " / > either. Hopefully you can get it. :) And make sure you get all the spacing right or it won't come out right.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Okay thank you :) I'll try it out hahah :)

message 48: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) How can I make my polls known to everybody from the group?
And again how can I start my own blog in this group?

message 49: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Blog: Just go to the blogs section and click "new topic" you can title it whatever you want.

Polls: Since you aren't a mod, you can't broadcast it to everybody in a message. You can go to the "Announcements" thread and announce that you've made a poll and would like everyone to vote. I think more people would see it however, if you made your poll and then I broadcasted a message to the members for you with a link to it.

Hope I've helped. :)

message 50: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) ok thanks cheyenne.

« previous 1