Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

~Books as addicting as Twilight~

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Dec 02, 2008 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica Alright no spoilers please i am curently reading eclispe, so yea one more to go, but after i'm done reading i'm afraid i'm not gonna be able to find another book like these books, and thats very disappointing, i need some more books that are as addicting as twilight, they much be romance, and i would perfer that they are about vampires but they don't have to be, before putting any book down make sure that you would swear on your life that it is addicting lol that sounds funny, THANKS SO VERY MUCH! oh yea, also, must be young adult books

Kandice Meyers also wrote Host. Not in the YA category, but there are no sexual scenes, innapropriate language, or anythng else I would keep my teenager from reading. It's very romantic. Not vampire's. but equally forbidden. Have you read the Bar Code books? Maximum Ride series? Neither of those are vampires either, but they both have sci-fi ish themes with a little bit of romance. Good luck. I love to see young people actually searching for their next big read!!!! :)

Kyra Gates Jessica wrote: "Alright no spoilers please i am curently reading eclispe, so yea one more to go, but after i'm done reading i'm afraid i'm not gonna be able to find another book like these books, and thats very di..."

I felt exactly the same way I read all those books including midnight sun that not complete and the short life of bree tanner at least 10 times not joking either.

message 5: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ Jessica, have you read the Hunger Games?

Audrey Hex Hall this book is about 200x better than twilight.

message 7: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ What is it about?

message 8: by Lindis (last edited May 09, 2011 08:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindis Russell You should try "The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod" The first one is "Eighth Grade Bites" The main charachter is of course Vlad Tod. And the story is basically about how he learns more about the vampire world and trying to grow up in it. Because, he's the only one that was born half vampire. HE is the only one in the world. He's special.

These books get better and better as you go. There isn't a lot of romance in it. But there is a little. Not steamy like Twilight, but good.

I would recommend these to ANY young reader!!!!!!

Shanesha reAllY loVeD tWiLiGht felL inLoVE with THE sEries WhEn i WaS in dA EiGHTH Grade. I ThOughT No OTHER Book could tOp IT.AcTUALLy I still do but Some OTHer booKS have caught mYi AtTENTION LIke THE EvERMORE SERIES THE FALLEN SERIES AND THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES.theY all Are AbouT VAMPS OR dARK Angels but they tell a DiffERent LOve Story.

message 10: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie After I read the twi series I went onto the mortal instruments: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels. I don't know if you will find it addicting, but it deals with vampires and wearwolves and something called shadowhunters. The only reason I read them is because Meyer recommended them on her site. I love them. The Hunger Games is a fantastic read! I couldn't put them down. There is the house of night series, but it's not "addicting" it's just good. There is also the Immortals series thats pretty good.

message 11: by Sophia (last edited Aug 09, 2011 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sophia @Shanesha: why do you write like that?? It gives me a headache...Sorry if I'm being rude by the way

message 12: by Aimee (last edited Aug 07, 2011 08:45AM) (new) - added it

Aimee Collier List of some books that I've read

L.J Smith - The vampire diaries -
Lauren Kate - Fallen - Angels
Amy Plum - Die for me - Zombies
Cynthia Hand - Unearthly - Angels
L.A Weatherly - Angel -

mariebearxx Chameleon wrote: "@Shanesha: why do you write like that?? It gives me a headache...Sorry if I'm being rube by the way"

lol. gives me headache too! haha
Hunger Games
Hush Hush
Guild Hunter series.

Michael The Mortal Instruments was better than Twilight for me. The characters were amazing along with the plot. It has the whole supernatural concept to it and I loved it.

message 15: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Aug 07, 2011 09:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AlbertaJenn First books in some Teen series I love:

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Inside Out (Insider, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

SarahO Hunger Games and Blood Red Road. two of the most amazing YA books I've read! There's no vampires or anything but great reads!

Sophie Poll I really liked the twilight saga but in my opinion once I've read one series about vampires I don't feel the need to go out and read a whole other one.

message 18: by Cassandra (last edited Aug 07, 2011 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cassandra If u want addictive YA books i suggest
Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) by Rachel Caine Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires, Book 5) by Rachel Caine Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9) by Rachel Caine Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires,#11) by Rachel Caine

and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

and if u want Adult i suggest Anita Blake Series by Laurell K. Hamilton which has 20 books now and is my favorite series ever... Laurell K. Hamilton Set - Guilty Pleasures, The Laughing Corpse, Circus of the Damned and The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1-4) by Laurell K. Hamilton

and i also suggest the Monere Series by Sunny

Lucinda, Darkly (Demon Princess Chronicles, #1) by Sunny Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2) by Sunny Mona Lisa Awakening (Monère Children of the Moon, #1) by Sunny Mona Lisa Blossoming (Monère Children of the Moon, #3) by Sunny Mona Lisa Craving (Monère Children of the Moon, #5) by Sunny Mona Lisa Darkening (Monère Children of the Moon, #6) by Sunny Mona Lisa Eclipsing by Sunny

Jessica Black,Red,White

Those were as addictive as the Twilight books. Very fun to read!

message 20: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Graceling, and Fire by Kristen Cashore so good!
And definitely The Hunger Games!

Eloquent Books by Rick Riordan I couldn't put down I loved all his books, also Unraveled and Intertwined by Gena Showalter along with the 3rd in the series not out yet, also Infinity The Chronicles Of Nick 2 books in the series are out right now

Eloquent Sophie wrote: "I really liked the twilight saga but in my opinion once I've read one series about vampires I don't feel the need to go out and read a whole other one."

I totally agree, after Twilight and Chronicles Of Vlad I just stayed away from vampire books and moved on to Greek Mythology twist books and books about Homosexual teens

Elaine Walkers by Kyra Gates
book blog
walkersanewgenerationofvampires@blogspot.com

Jessica Kimberly wrote: ":P:P:P

They look kinda interesting. I actually was thinking of using that idea for a story once. Now I know I can't;), thanks, Jessica"

You're welcome. I hope you can read and enjoy them!

message 25: by Mari (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mari There's alot of good books.

The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Blue Bloods Vampires by Melissa De La Cruz
Infinite Days by rebecca maizel
The Hunger Games by suzanne collins
Firelight By Sophie Jordan
Fallen By Lauren Kate
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Angelfire by courtney allison moulton

and so forth. :)

Maggi yay! Hunger Games! Team Gale!

message 27: by Adria (last edited Sep 01, 2011 06:24PM) (new) - added it

Adria Well if you like vampire lit, try The Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. But, they are not teen lit. But they are about vampires, and other supernatural beings as well. I am pretty hooked on them. Oops nevermind they are not young adult...

Stormy The Vampire Academy series is my favorite series ever. I think that it is better than Twilight. And there is the Bite Me series by Parker Blue.

message 29: by J.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.D. Field go for vampire academy I think. different kind of heroine, but lots of different sides to the story, too.
Enjoy!

Laura morganville vamp series is funny as hell i sometimes find myself crying with laughter!
Vampire acadamy series is totally in league with twilight!
The wolves of mercy falls is a beautiful series!
House of night has some great action in it!
wicked lovely series is so eccentric its brilliant!
vampire beach series- not a lot of people have read it but it is seriously good!
the mortal instruments and the infernal devices series are brilliant!
the drake chronicles are some good books!

there are loads more but i can't think of any more right now :) hope you like them!

message 31: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria Jessica wrote: "Alright no spoilers please i am curently reading eclispe, so yea one more to go, but after i'm done reading i'm afraid i'm not gonna be able to find another book like these books, and thats very di..."

Is the reason they can only be young adult because of your age? Or is is just because thats the genre you like best? If its age related, I suggest as soon as you are able to read more adult books I strongly suggest the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Sophia ǝllǝɥɔıɯ wrote: "The Mortal Instruments was better than Twilight for me. The characters were amazing along with the plot. It has the whole supernatural concept to it and I loved it."

I agree with you...I didn't like Twilight at all, but that's just me...

message 33: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Aimee wrote: "List of some books that I've read

Amy Plum - Die for me - Zombies
-"

Sorry to be picky and annoying, but Die for Me isn't about zombies. They are an entirely new character (or at least they were for me) which is why I read it twice in two days.

But seriously, its a damn good book.

And its actually written pretty well, unlike Twilight.

Stormy I hated Die For Me. I couldn't finish it. It was too boring. It was unique but it wasn't written to keep my interest.

message 35: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Underwood If you're looking for addicting, amazing, and astounding READ THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY.

message 36: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Sep 03, 2011 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror After "Twilight" and "The Host" ( That I love!!!)I move to the "Mortal Instruments" series by C.Clare. Then to the "Vampire Academy" by R. Mead... they are very addictive. Then I read the "Mercy Thompson" & "Alpha & Omega" series by Patricia Brigg as (very good both) I also love The "Intertwined" series by Gena Showalter. I want to read the "Hunger Games" series, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Valerie Other books I love: Hex Hall
The Mortal Instruments series
The Iron Fey series
the Wolves of Mercy Falls series
... and so many others...

Karen The hunger games!!!!

Sorcha94 Kandice wrote: "Meyers also wrote Host. Not in the YA category, but there are no sexual scenes, innapropriate language, or anythng else I would keep my teenager from reading. It's very romantic. Not vampire's. but..."

yeah i read those too, they were all really good

message 40: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna To me as addicting were Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. I just couldn't put them down! It's a series about warewolves, witches, necromancers, demons etc.
The other series I loved was Lori Handeland's Nightcreature novels and Kim Harrison's Hollow series (vampires, witches etc)

Katie Holmgren I'll go with others and say read the Hunger Games series. I also really like the Crank series.
But so far, nothing else has done it for me like Twilight.

message 42: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson there are tons of them!!!!

House of Night - PC and Kristine Cast
Vampire Academy - Rachelle Mead
Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine
The hunger Games - Suzanne Colins
The Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare
Blue Bloods - Melissa De La cruz
the Immortals - Alyson Noel

and lots more

message 43: by Chris ↛ (new)

Chris ↛ Lindis wrote: "You should try "The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod" The first one is "Eighth Grade Bites" The main charachter is of course Vlad Tod. And the story is basically about how he learns more about the vampir..."

Wooohooo! I LOVE this series!!! I started reading it since the last week of may 2011!!!

message 44: by P.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.A. Lupton If you like YA similar to Twilight this series is not as well known but was fantastic.. My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) by Amanda Hocking Fate (My Blood Approves, #2) by Amanda Hocking Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3) by Amanda Hocking Wisdom (My Blood Approves, #4) by Amanda Hocking

If you want any recommendations these are not YA but they are unbelievably good. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

The books that i think are addicting are

1. House of Night series
2. The Vampire Academy
3. The Hunger Games
4. Goddess Summoning Novels

message 46: by Angela (last edited Sep 08, 2011 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angela Hunger Games (Series)
Iron King (Series)
Hex Hall (Series)
Paranormalcy (Series)

Stormy I agree with the MY Blood Approves series. :) VERY GOOD!

The House Of Night series was good in the start but they are really dragging as is the Immortals series.

The Mortal Instruments and Hex Hall are great.

Vampire Academy is my favorite series but with my dislike of the ending and all I am happy to be moving on with Bloodlines.

I haven't read Hunger Games. I figure I will after watching the movie but all that hype about it isn't for nothing, I assume.

There is a new book called Isle Of Night that is similar to Vampire Academy and from what I've heard, Hunger Games. I really enjoyed it and I think that it is a start to what is going to be an interesting series. CHECK IT OUT PEOPLE! Isle of Night

I read Morganville Vampires until mid the 4th or 5th book I think...and then I stopped. *shrug* Wasn't into it anymore.

I loved Unearthly. :) Its has a real cute love story.

Firelight and Angelfire are good ones. The sequel to Firelight just came out.

Bite Me is also a really entertaining series.

lets see what others......

Vampire Kisses
Boys that Bite
Almost to Die For

message 48: by Hope (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hope I loved the Wicked Lovely series, the Faerie Path series, the Prophecy of the Sisters series, and Wither from the Chemical Garden series. A heads up though the second book in the Chemical Garden series doesn't come out until next year.

Varian Rose I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

These are adult books, so they might be outside of your comfort zone. I find them to be adddictive.

message 50: by P.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.A. Lupton Rose wrote: "I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

These are adult books, so they might be outside of your comfort zone. I find them to be adddictive."

That series is awesome!!!!

« previous 1 3