Darynda Jones Fans discussion

TGDA Book Discussion > TGDA Book Discussion ~Mini Game #1

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
You will find a word written 75 times in TGDA! You can find it all by its self or hidden cleverly in compound words. The first member to tell me the word wins. Good Luck!

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
Wow Dana-this is going to be hard!

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new)

You are going to laugh when you figure it out!

Grim or Reaper?

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new)

NO

Lol...it was worth a shot :)

message 7: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments coffee? That's probably a million times lol

message 8: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "Lol...it was worth a shot :)"

Keep trying!

message 9: by Dana, Founder (new)

Bingo! Ines! You win! Your prize is a package of Caribbean coffee. Send me your mailing address!

Let's try "chapter"...okay that was my husband's suggestion but I thought it was sweet he tried to help

Dana wrote: "Bingo! Ines! You win! Your prize is a package of Caribbean coffee. Send me your mailing address!"

Way to go Ines!!! I discounted coffee because I thought it was used more than that! You rock!!!

message 12: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ok here is some Darynda Jones Trivia!

Book 1 - First Grave On The Right - coffee is mentioned 71 times.

Book 2 - Second Grave On The Left - coffee is mentioned 56 times. (This time Mrs. Jones gets clever and hands us coffee as Mr. Coffee and coffeepot)

Book 3- TGDA - coffee is mentioned 75 times!

message 13: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine it will be a lot of trouble to send it overseas.

message 14: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "Let's try "chapter"...okay that was my husband's suggestion but I thought it was sweet he tried to help"

Awww, DH can be so sweet!

message 15: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ines wrote: "Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine it will be a lot of trouble to send it..."

We won't know until we try, but you can choose to gift it forward, if you like. :-)

message 16: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Traci wrote: "Dana wrote: "Bingo! Ines! You win! Your prize is a package of Caribbean coffee. Send me your mailing address!"

Way to go Ines!!! I discounted coffee because I thought it was used more than that..."

I also wrote it because it was fun, I though it was used more often! Wow, there's a lot of coffee going on the books! Is that a way to keep us hooked? ;)

message 17: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine it will be a lot of troub..."

I think it is better to gift it forward just because it's usually a mess to pass the border and it would be a crime to let those "guards" there keep my prize! Tracy do you live in the US?

message 18: by Dana, Founder (new)

I love a good coffee, but I'm naturally hyper and more than 2 cups will have me bouncing! LOL

message 19: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ines wrote: "Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine it will be a..."

Can you receive FedEx, Ines?

message 20: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I can, at least I've received packets before with FedEx but they were all within Europe.

Ines wrote: "Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine it will be a..."

Aww...that's sweet of you Ines and yes I'm in the US, but I don't drink coffee at all. My caffine comes to me through iced tea-I drink it all day long. Maybe one of the other ladies would enjoy it?

Ines wrote: "I can, at least I've received packets before with FedEx but they were all within Europe."

It's worth a shot to try it...I bet FedEx could get it to you.

message 23: by Dana, Founder (new)

Send me your address to see how workable it can be, just in case, I'm sure you can receive them from the US without issue and securely.

message 24: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "Ines wrote: "Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "Wow, I can't believe it... that was pure luck! Since I live in Portugal maybe you can send my prize to someone who loves coffee and lives in the US? I imagine..."

I'm an ICED Tea gal, too! Made a huge batch of sun tea today!

message 25: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Great job, Ines!

message 26: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I also like iced tea a lot! Ok, I'll send you my address by e-mail right now. And I'll be crossing my fingers! That's the farthest a package of coffee package has traveled lol

message 27: by Dana, Founder (new)

Where were you, Mel?

message 28: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ines wrote: "I also like iced tea a lot! Ok, I'll send you my address by e-mail right now. And I'll be crossing my fingers! That's the farthest a package of coffee package has traveled lol"

Ones love of coffee has no bounds! You can probably find great coffee over there, right?

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

Sorry...reading. I was getting my Bones fix!

message 30: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Yes, Portugal is known in Europe for good/strong coffee. We used to joke that it was impossible to get good coffee outside of Portugal (besides Italy) but now I think most countries have started to get strong coffee as well. It probably started from our African colonies or something like that, but portuguese do enjoy a good coffee.

message 31: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

Sorry...reading. I was getting my Bones fix!"

I would so do him!

Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

Ahh...Bones! I reread the first two in last week. And you were so right Mel, I am totally loving me some Cadeon Woede! He has become my favorite Immortal after Dark!

message 33: by Dana, Founder (new)

Ines wrote: "Yes, Portugal is known in Europe for good/strong coffee. We used to joke that it was impossible to get good coffee outside of Portugal (besides Italy) but now I think most countries have started to..."

Sweet!

message 34: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "Yes, Portugal is known in Europe for good/strong coffee. We used to joke that it was impossible to get good coffee outside of Portugal (besides Italy) but now I think most countries ha..."

I'm so mad at Cindy's internet service!

message 35: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Dana wrote: "I'm so mad at Cindy's internet service! "

Yes... it's a shame she can't be here. Her posts/replies are always the funniest!

message 36: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Traci wrote: "Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

Ahh...Bones! I reread the first two in last week. And you were so right Mel, I am totally loving me s..."

Traci, Cadeon is funny, but most of all, he is willing to accept Holly for who she is. He works around all her compulsions. Jericho, Reyes, Bones, and Butch may be more sexy and alpha but Cadeon is more to me enduring because of his acceptance. He is my favorite.

Mel wrote: "Traci wrote: "Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

Ahh...Bones! I reread the first two in last week. And you were so right Mel, I am total..."

He's rapidly becoming my fave to for the same reason.

Ines wrote: "Dana wrote: "I'm so mad at Cindy's internet service! "

Yes... it's a shame she can't be here. Her posts/replies are always the funniest!"

It's got to be driving her crazy! I hope it gets fixed for her asap! Miss her :(

message 39: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Dana wrote: "Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

I would so do him!"

I just started reading the series after several in our group joined Frost Fans.

Who wouldn't want to do Bones after reading the explosively orgasmic scene from the second book where the neighbors hear Cat screaming in pleasure for 20 minutes so they call the police because they believe she is being hurt? Any woman in their right mind would want to enjoy that kind of pleasure....

message 40: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Mel wrote: "Dana wrote: "Where were you, Mel?"

I would so do him!"

I just started reading the series after several in our group joined..."

LOL

message 41: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Well girls, I hope you enjoy your night and have great discussions about Bones and Reyes. I'm going to bed since it's laaate and I hope that one of the boys appears in some of my dreams... maybe delivering coffee? That would be something! lol Good night!

message 42: by Candie (new)

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Candie wrote: "Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha"

Candie, check out my home page and the picture...the are sure to cause hot flashes. LOL

message 44: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Candie wrote: "Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha"

Candie, check out my home page and the picture...the are sure to cause hot flashes. LOL"

I can't wait for ICED, I can't even think about that book. I start the "La, la, la" song with my fingers in my ears when I think about Book 4 with Reyes and of Jericho. Did you know the graphic novel is on Amazon for preorder? It will follow Mac and Jericho!

message 45: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Dana wrote: "Mel wrote: "Candie wrote: "Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha"

Candie, check out my home page and the picture...the are sure to cause hot f..."

Thanks...I'll go pre-order now. ;-)

message 46: by Candie (new)

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
Mel wrote: "Candie wrote: "Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha"

Candie, check out my home page and the picture...the are sure to cause hot flashes. LOL"

Holy Moly! GREAT PICS! I love the BDB series, so what a feast for the eyes! The Barrons and Reyes pics- amazing!!!!

message 47: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Candie wrote: "Mel wrote: "Candie wrote: "Dear lord, don't get me started on Bones and Jericho. I will start having hot flashes. haha"

Candie, check out my home page and the picture...the are sure to cause hot f..."

I need to find a good picture of Bones to add...any requests?

message 48: by Dana, Founder (new)

Anything with washboard abs is just peachy!

message 49: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Washboard abs with ink?

message 50: by Dana, Founder (new)

Oh, ink is wonderful, a sort of map of roads that lead our tongues to such tasty treats!

« previous 1