Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

General > Why it's important to promote this group

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 207 comments Mod
As many of you have noticed, this group has gotten pretty big, which is great! I have done a lot of promotion for this group on my blog, twitter, Facebook and in the back of my books. Why? Because the more people who join this group, the better chance you have at meeting potential readers who will then buy your books. I only know so many people, so I need your help. The more you can do to promote this group and get more readers and fellow writers to join, the better we will all so in book sales. It's as simple as that.

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Evans (steveevansofpahiatua) | 5 comments Will do...

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Sweet, Elle. Will work on that. And thanks.
Paula

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Baxter (smallblondehippy) | 50 comments Absolutley. Will start promoting on my Twitter and blog.

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob Osterman (robosterman) | 168 comments Never!

The masses will never understand our genius! No, we must close the doors to the unwashed masses and leave them to their dime store pulp and "reality TV".

Wait... Oh.

Yeah, totally on board with the promotion thing. :)

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (clementines001) | 23 comments Lol @ Rob! And yes, I too shall promote away!

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Hey guys,
I put our logo front and center on my website.
Check it out.

Paula
www.paulamillhouse.com

message 8: by Rob (new)

Rob Osterman (robosterman) | 168 comments Okay I'm a bit of a luddite. IS that a premade widget?

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Hey Rob,

Yes - it is the pre-made widget. On my author's page in Goodreads, at the bottom of the widgets, you copy it, then paste it into the "HTML" section of your blog.

It took me a few tries to get it right, but I think it looks good. My web site gets lots of traffic, and having the "Group Widget" there will hopefully drive traffic here.

Paula

message 10: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Cantwell | 22 comments I've added the widget to my blog, too (and Paula, thanks for the tutorial!). Go here to see it: http://hearth-myth.blogspot.com/

I don't stop by as often as I should. But I have to tell you, Elle, that I get more out of this group than out of any of the other Goodreads groups I'm in. So thanks for starting it!

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Hey Lynne,

Glad I could help :)
I'm with Lynne, Elle, this group is the best for writers and readers.

Thanks for starting it.
Paula

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Elswick (wwwgoodreadscomrebeccaelswick) | 13 comments YES! I am so happy I found this group!
Thanks for starting it~

Rebecca

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Wilson (whackamole) | 11 comments Ditto on the happy part! I'm thrilled to have found this group.