The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
♦Factory Archives♦ > •In With The New• Suggestion Thread!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (last edited Feb 19, 2012 11:17AM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 434 comments Mod
description
In With the New Suggestion Thread!

Here is where we can share recommendations or ask for suggestion for books/series that would work for this challenge! Know of a new Series/Stand Alone coming out? or Just have a series you think EVERYONE should try? Let us know, or weigh in on others suggestions!

message 2: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (last edited Feb 16, 2012 12:37PM) (new)

CATEGORIES AND BONUS OPTIONS to Help with Recs and Suggestions!

description CATEGORIES
New To You Series:
Pick a series, or several series that you have NEVER read before! This should be completely new to you, and you must read all of the books in the series that are already published when you begin the challenge!

New To Everyone Series:
Pick a Series or Series that has been released or is being released in 2012 This series will be new not only to you but to everyone! You will read any books in this series that are published during 2012!

New To You Stand Alones:
Pick a Stand Alone, or several Stand Alones that you have NEVER read before! This should be completely new to you. However, you can have read books from this author before. This HAS to be a Stand Alone and not part of a series.

New To Everyone Stand Alones:
Pick a Stand Alone, or several Stand Alones that has been released or is being released in 2012 These Stand Alones will be new not only to you but to everyone!

message 3: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (last edited Feb 16, 2012 12:47PM) (new)

Example for Recommendations:
*New To Everyone Stand Alone: Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery! This book is being released March 27th and I have heard great things about it!
*New to You Series: Jane Jameson by Molly Haper This is one of my favorie series and there is a new book coming out at the end of the month for those who have already read it you can use Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighborsas a Bonus!
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4) by Molly Harper

Example: Asking for Recommendation:
I need a new to me series! I love Paranomal Romance and Urban Fantasty and my fav. series is Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole and Black Dagger Brother Hood by J.R. Ward! Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

*If your asking for a susggestion it's helpful to add genres or other series you like to give everyone an idea of your taste:-)

*If your giving a rec to a person that has asked it might be helpful to look at their bookshelves to see what they like or what they have read already!

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) I would recommend:

SERIES:
1. Wither by Lauren Destefano
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
3. Private and Privelege (2 series, you should read Private first at least up to the killer.) by Kate Brian. This series is an easy read, but a very entertaining one.
4. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Its 3 books in one volume. I am currently loving it.

message 5: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

What genre is 1Q84? I keep seeing it, but I don't really know anything about it!

message 6: by Cindy (last edited Feb 16, 2012 01:36PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx)New (to everyone) Stand Alones that will be released this year:

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson I Want Candy by Susan Donovan Somebody To Love by Kristan Higgins

New (to everyone) Series that will be released this year:

Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann series: Fighting Destiny

Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter series: Angels of the Dark

Iced A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever World, #1) by Karen Marie Moning series: Fever World

Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost series: Night Prince

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: " Example for Recommendations:
*New To Everyone Stand Alone: Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery! This book is being released March 27th and I have heard great things about it!
*New ..."

On Susan Mallery's website, it says that Barefoot Season is the first book of the Blackberry Island series.

http://www.susanmallery.com/

message 8: by Christine (last edited Feb 16, 2012 02:55PM) (new)

Christine | 50 comments New to Everyone series

I am very excited about Vicki Pettersson's new Celestial Blues series that comes out this year. It's too long until June...
The Taken (Celestial Blues, #1) by Vicki Pettersson

But I really need help on the stand alone books that come out this year.

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) Christine wrote: "New to Everyone series

I am very excited about Vicki Pettersson's new Celestial Blues series that comes out this year. It's too long until June...
The Taken (Celestial Blues, #1) by Vicki Pettersson

But I really need help on the stand alone books that come out this year."

Hi Christine,

I'm not sure if you'll be interested but I found some new fantasy, urban fantasy, paranormal, and paranormal romance stand alone books. (I haven't read a lot of books in those genres, please excuse me if nothing catches your eyes.)

The Shape of Desire by Sharon Shinn Coveted by Shawntelle Madison Forbidden by Syrie James Perigee Moon by Tara A. Fuller Fever by Joan Swan Inked Magic by Jory Strong A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

message 10: by Christine (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

Christine | 50 comments Thanks, Cindy! I'm so immersed in my series reads that I rarely read a stand alone book. I'll check these out.

I did read two stand alone books that came out last year and that I really liked:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) Thanks Christine. I'm going to check them out ☺.

message 12: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Cindy wrote: "•New (to everyone) Stand Alones that will be released this year:

Rescue Me by Rachel GibsonI Want Candy by Susan DonovanSomebody To Love by Kristan Higgins

•New (to everyone) Series..."

Awesome suggestions! Glad you listed these...I had forgotten about a few of these when I was making my list!

And thanks for the reminder of the Susan Mallery book...not sure how I missed that!

message 13: by Jennifer C. (new)

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Iris Johansen has a new book coming out in April called What Doesn't Kill You. Here's the description.

Catherine Ling was abandoned on the streets of Hong Kong at age four. Schooled in the art of survival, she traded in the only commodity she had: information. As a teenager, she came under the tutelage of a mysterious man known only as Hu Chang—a skilled assassin and master poisoner. As a young woman, she was recruited by the CIA and now, she is known as one of their most effective operatives. Having lived life in the shadows, Catherine is aware of the wobbly moral compass of her existence and even more aware of just how expendable she is to those she deals with. When her old friend Hu Chang creates something so deadly, and completely untraceable, the chase is on to be the first to get it. With rogue operative John Gallo also on the hunt, Catherine finds herself pitted against a group so villainous and a man so evil that she may not survive the quest to protect those she cares about. Iris Johansen is at her page-turning best in this novel that takes you from the corridors of Langley to the alleyways of Hong Kong, and the darkest places of the human soul.

Sounds pretty good and I really like her Eve Duncan books.

message 14: by Dani (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

Dani ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "What genre is 1Q84? I keep seeing it, but I don't really know anything about it!"

I don't know wht genre I would put this in. I would call it an epic love story, but it's not a romance. There's an 'otherworldliness' about it as well because one of the main characters has experiences with beings called 'little people."

It is, however a very heavy read. My brain needed a break after reading it!!

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) New (to everyone) books that will be released in 2012, part of a series.

Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione Lords of Deliverance #3
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood #10
Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark #12
The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) by Gena Showalter Lords of the Underworld #9
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments #5
Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) by Jill Shalvis Lucky Harbor #4
Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7) by Susan Mallery Fool's Gold #7
About That Night (FBI, # 3) by Julie James FBI #3
Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton Play by Play #3

message 16: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Ladies, thanks for the Recs! Keep them coming:-)

message 17: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Just a heads up...Series like Fool's Gold by Susan Maller and the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis that have new trilogies coming out this year Can be used for a New to Everyone series Even if you have read the previous books...this is because the trilogy covers a completely different set of people so you can use it in the NtE or in your Bonus NtE from Previous Series!

Turtlecollector Dennis | 760 comments Here are some new books that are first in a series coming out in 2012:

A Novel Idea by Lucy Arlington
Buried in a Book

Rebel Ridge by Sharon Sala
Next of Kin

Men of Texas Rangers by Margaret Daley
Saving Hope: Men of the Texas Rangers Book 1

Deadly Reunions by Lynette Eason
When the Smoke Clears

message 19: by Cathy (last edited Mar 04, 2012 01:15PM) (new)

Cathy Galloway | 338 comments TCF In with the New
Completed

New To You Series:
Unearthly
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand

Blacktop Cowboys
Corralled by Lorelei James Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James Wrangled and Tangled by Lorelei James

Darkness Unbound
Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur

Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2) by Karen Chance

Grave Witch
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

Intertwined
Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter 2/28/12 Unraveled (Intertwined, #2) by Gena Showalter Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter

New To Everyone Series:
Night Prince
Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Cinder
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

Nightborn
Nightborn (Lords of the Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl

New To You Stand Alones:
And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Stardust by Neil Gaiman The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

New To Everyone Stand Alones:

☻Pick a Series that you have already started previous to January 2012 and Complete the entire series

Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2) by Carly Phillips Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5) by Julie Kagawa Kismet (Serendipity, #1.5) by Carly Phillips Destiny (Serendipity, #2) by Carly Phillips

☻Read a Newly Released book in a Series that you have started previous to this challenge!
Fair Game (Alpha & Omega #3) by Patricia Briggs Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5) by Sabrina Jeffries The Garden Intrigue by Lauren Willig Timeless (Parasol Protectorate #5) by Gail Carriger Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward

☻Read a New to You Author! Read a book(s) or Series from an author that you have NEVER read any of their work before!

Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.