Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Epic Fantasy > A Memory of LIght release Date

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:56PM) (new)

message 2: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments That link is not working for me.

message 3: by Traci (new)

Traci Not for me either.
Sad because it'll be done?
Or because later than you thought?

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments this makes me so mad...January of 2013? all for the sake of hitting a weird-numbred anniversary? Not fair to your fans Tor!

message 5: by Kevin (last edited Feb 17, 2012 10:12AM) (new)

Kevin | 284 comments I hardly think that is the reason. If it was delayed for marketing reasons it would've made a lot more sense to not delay it until AFTER the holidays period ... Especially since they have to know that any delay will tick a lot of people off.

Towers of Midnight was rushed to make its deadline and it suffered for it. There were relatively a lot of typos, there were a couple of continuity problems and the pacing was uneven. It would've fared a lot better from a couple more passes by the editor.

I'd rather everyone involved takes as much time as they need to make this book as good as it can be.

Anyway, this is Sanderson's take on it.

message 6: by Terry (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

Terry Simpson | 261 comments I don't know why it's not working. It does for me. :( Redid it again. Hope it works now.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) Well good lord, considering the volume Sanderson turns out, it's not surprising.

message 8: by Traci (new)

Traci Got it, Terry. Could've been just slow.

I don't think it's an anniversary thing. Otherwise they'd just put it back a few more days to hit the 15th. Maybe they're giving a very conservative date that they know they can make. Better to bump it up than back.

message 9: by Caitrin (new)

Caitrin (literarydependent) | 11 comments I'm so excited but kind of sad too! And yeah, I think it's mostly for Harriet's sake and for that I'm not mad at all. Make it the best book possible please!

message 10: by Traci (new)

Traci Is anyone planning to reread the series in preparation for the new book?

message 11: by Dana (new)

Dana | 140 comments I've got mixed feelings about it. Sad that it's ending, but I really want to see how it all turns out.

I'd like to do a re-read of the series before the last one comes out at some point.

message 12: by Mach (new)

Mach | 572 comments I kinda started a reread got to book 7 but now i am not sure if will read the rest. I feel like i remember too much of whats happening which makes it kinda boring.

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana | 140 comments Mach wrote: "I kinda started a reread got to book 7 but now i am not sure if will read the rest. I feel like i remember too much of whats happening which makes it kinda boring."

I've read some of them so often that it seems like I have sections memorized. I've only read the Brandon Sanderson ones one time each though.

message 14: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) But the release is now less than a year away! Don't know that I will do a re-read. But will definitely pick up the book as soon as it is out.