American Historical Fiction discussion

Billboard > Reviews on Amazon.com

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (new)

S. Bailey (sthomasbailey) | 4 comments I need some help! I have recieved a few five star reviews on Amazon.uk and Amazon.ca but they do not link to amazon.com. How do I get them posted on Amazon.com? If you don't have an avenue to contact the reviewer, what can I do to get the .com reader to see the reviews? You would think a global company would link the posts but I guess that's too much to ask.
Thanks for any help you might offer, Steve

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Q (jenny_q) | 607 comments Mod
S, I believe each reviewer has to log on to each site to post reviews. They don't cross-publish. I've been contacted several times by authors and publishers and asked if I would post my reviews to the other sites. It was easy to do, but I did have to do it myself.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

And btw, many reviewers on amazon have their email addresses and/or websites listed on their profiles.

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Jenny is correct. The reviewer has to go to the individual Amazon sites and post their reviews there. No cross posting.

message 5: by S. (new)

S. Bailey (sthomasbailey) | 4 comments Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am not sure but the only problem with going onto Amazon.com is the reviewer needs to open up an account. Also, if you have never purchased anything from Amazon.com, will they let you post a review? Most people purchasing from the Amazon.uk or Amazon.ca wouldn't have an account or purchase history on Amazon.com.
I am starting to see why the book industry is so screwed up!
Thanka again, Steve

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit AFAIK your Amazon account is the same sign in on any Amazon site, email and password. I've never purchased anything from Amazon Canada, yet I can post reviews there. It won't let me make a Listmania (tells me I have to buy something). It is my understanding that if you haven't purchased anything from one of the sites you can't comment on reviews or discussion boards, but last I heard that was the only restriction. Try asking the *experts* at the Top Reviewers board, http://www.amazon.com/forum/top%20rev...

Just be careful, they might jump all over you for being an author, etc. It's a rough playground.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

I was able to sign on to the UK site using my regular user name and password from the American site. I've never purchased from the UK site but it does allow me to post reviews there.

message 8: by S. (new)

S. Bailey (sthomasbailey) | 4 comments Thank you for all your help! At least now I can direct a reviewer to each site and not worry they will be hassled.
Again thank. Steve

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken Consaul | 114 comments You don't need to purchase to review. In fact, this information will be revealed on the review. Of course, I don't know of what value a review by someone who didn't read the book would be.

I found a snappier title for my book so I changed the title. Amazon had me submit it as a new title so I lost all my reviews. Can't help you with the UK and others as my sales have been at best, lethargic.

Today though, is my first day of the Kindle Select promotion and I have some UK and DE sales. Jenny, our gracious moderator, helped me edit my work and now I feel much better about the product I'm offering.

Shameless plug follows: Free for Amazon Prime at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055WXMEO. Otherwise, bring a buck.

My apologies for plugging as it irritates me to see discussion boards taken up with spam. Forgive me, I only have the one day of promo.

Thanks for the editing, Jenny.

message 10: by Jenny (last edited Feb 19, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

You're very welcome, Ken! I wish you much success with The Platte River Waltz.