Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Did you like the Epilogue?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ Did you like it? Would you rather of the book/series to of ended with 'The Flaw in the Plan'?

message 2: by Ebehi (last edited Feb 15, 2012 10:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ebehi I didn't like the epilogue because it seemed ridiculous to think that they would not change at all from when they were teenagers. There was still the small rivalry with Malfoy, and then Harry marrying Ginny. I feel like J. K. could have just left things to our imagination.

Atlantic Gem AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Eunice I like the fact that there was an epilogue which sealed off most of the loose ends - can you imagine the speculation and fan-fic that would be circulating without the epilogue? :O
The dialogue in the epilogue felt a bit 'forced', though...like, unnatural?

Amanda I loved that there was an epilogue and was lucky enough to not know there was one until I got to it. While we find out what happened to our trio we still didn't know too much info so it was all left to our imagination about the adventures they had gotten up to since.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Shayla I loved it, especially the part with Albus Severus. His name is epic. I loved Snape! You know, at the end.

JulieLaLa I really liked the epilogue-ending. I knew this was the last book, so when I finished it, I said a satisfied "Yes" and was glad I had invested so much (emotion, time, etc...) into a great series.

Trey (charles) 19 years later. Even in the book I thought it could have been longer. They could have it an hours worth of reading, or 2.

Shelby I loved the epilogue. We got to see that life was NORMAL for Harry, but there was still a lot left for the imagination. Honestly, I don't know why some people hate it so much, it was one of my favorite parts of the book (of course, there were about twenty favorite parts for me...).

Sahil Hmm The Epilogue was good.It Was as it should have been.

Valerie It should have been left out or elaborated upon. I thought it was too rushed.

message 12: by Habz (new) - added it

Habz I love the epilougue!
Especially because i wanted to know what happend to Teddy Lupin, poor thing!

george ☽ yeah, 'm glad we got to find out what happened

Micaela I love the epilouge I like it how we got to find out what happened.

message 15: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson it was okey,but the movie ending was horrible!!!!

Sohail Keegan I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I did like the Epilogue.

message 17: by Alya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alya In a word... I LOVED it.
It makes me sad thinking about how Harrys story is finally over. I cried tears of joy while reading the Epilogue.

And also, in a way, Jo claimed the ending. So their wouldnt be all these people speculating how it would be "19 years later"

Kerri The last line of the epilogue was written long before the end. It was all apart of Rowling's plan, which makes the books Awesome! She had a vision, a plan, unlike other author's writing a series.

So, yes I love it. I love that we get to see Harry grown up. Still famous. Still friends with Ron and Hermione. They were like a family anyways why not make it legit? I too like having things left to the imagination, and in a way we are still allowed that, but I want to know that everyone in this world was safe from Voldemort, that there weren't any chances of him coming back.

We get to know what happens to Luna, Neville, and Malfoy--while they're not best friends they have a mutual respect, think of it like James and Snape, James saved Snape's life and Harry saved Malfoy's life (as Ron reminds us 3 times).

It's exactly how any good series should end, everything tied up!

Kerri JulieLaLa wrote: "I really liked the epilogue-ending. I knew this was the last book, so when I finished it, I said a satisfied "Yes" and was glad I had invested so much (emotion, time, etc...) into a great series."

Amen sister!

Kerri Here's the link to a website where Rowling discusses the epilogue and why she chose to write it the way she did.

http://allday.today.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...

message 21: by Ezra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ezra i really liked the epilogue

message 22: by Bea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bea I honestly liked the epilogue. I breathed a sigh of relief when it ended. No regrets whatsoever investing my time reading the series. It was definitely worth it.

Reina Loved it, a nice way to tie the entire story and leave it be. They fought long and hard, casualties were head on both sides and they just about made it through.

Pays to fight against all odds for a brighter future, I think that message works well with this series :)

Brian Meeks I enjoyed the epilogue. I thought it finished off the series nicely, though I hated it coming to an end.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't even read it. I just wanted it to be O-V-E-R!

message 26: by HM (new) - rated it 5 stars

HM I hated the epilogue. You can't write into the future when the whole series has been the very recent past. If we had no idea when the story actually took place, then giving a 19 years later wouldn't have meant much. However, we know that this final battle took place on May 2nd, 1998 and therefore 19 years later would be September 1st, 2017. It'll be fine and dandy when that date finally arrives and passes... but for a release in 2007, for a fan base that lives the words, it seemed ridiculous.

Avani V.E. wrote: "I didn't like the epilogue because it seemed ridiculous to think that they would not change at all from when they were teenagers. There was still the small rivalry with Malfoy, and then Harry marry..."

But she did leave much to our imagination with the creation of several new characters!