UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Book Recommendations > A Cleansing of Souls by Stuart Ayris

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments I know that quite a few of you read and enjoyed Stuarts' Tollesbury Time Forever' so I wanted to draw your attention to his new book (well actually not that new as he wrote it some time ago but recently re-edited and published)
Although I am only about a quarter of a way through (i know, bit premature to recommend but......) I just wanted to say that this is just as beautifully written as Tollesbury and I am taking my time with it to savour it and feel that I needed to share!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Cleansing-o...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks Emma. I'm so glad to hear it's as beautifully written as Tollesbury.

I'm so looking forward to reading it. I'm smitten with Stuart's prose, even in his group posts.

Love his blog as well.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Yeah, me too. Have you read the couple of poems he wrote in that thread too? They are fab (and I don't really do poetry tbh)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments His poems are magnificent.

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments ooo it's disappeared from amazon?

message 6: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Hi!!!

Do you know what this fool did?! He uploaded the wrong, uncorrected version! It was pointed out to me last night so I have withdrawn until I can get it sorted!! Thank you so much for your kind words Emma and Patti and sorry for the intrigue Kath!! It's just I want it perfect. Hope that makes sense!!

message 7: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Just put it down to the excitement Stuart !

message 8: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Yep - a whole bottle of it! Lesson learned!!

message 9: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments ooops...

although i was hanging for something a little more "conspiracy theory" in answer... i am so bored at work...

message 10: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments I'm sure that won't be long in coming Kath! Probably around all the nice reviews people have written!!

message 11: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Better wait till you're happy with it Stu. A happy Stu means a happy readership. Or did I just make that up?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Be sure to let us know when it's live, Stu. Please? I'd love to read it over the weekend, if possible.

I'm cross I didn't grab it as soon as it went live. I'd love to have both versions.

message 13: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Will do!! I know these books don't go for much but that doesn't mean they have to be less than as perfect as I can get them! Thanks so much for your lovely encouragement Patti!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol! Oh Stu, you are funny and if this is the unperfected version (of which I have 2 now!!!) then I cannot wait for the 'proper' one to go Live!!

Tis a good job I like you! There are not many people who I would buy the same book 3 times for!! ;-)

Not sure whether to continue as I am sucked right in already or wait - aah choices!

message 15: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments I'll email you the PDF when it's done!!! The story won't change, just some of the grammar and finer points etc so feel free to continue!! x

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Don't be daft, you don't need to do that, was just messing! Will continue as I was then x

message 17: by Vic (new)

Vic Heaney (vic_heaney) | 689 comments Stuart, your books are destined to be classics. They will live long and prosper. We can all tolerate a few typos in books (we have to - even in some of the most high-profile and best-selling volumes) but yours are so special that it is important to get them as perfect as possible.

Vic, News at Ten, New Zealand

message 18: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments If Stu is just correcting a version you have already bought- the one with Rachel's painting on the front - you won't need to buy it again. In fact you can't - Amazon will give you a message that you have already bought this item. You can ask for an update though, which they'll give you free. If anyone wants talking through this process let me know.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Once it is available again will take a look! Am half way through this version and it really is fab! Will definitely read again when the new version is up!

message 20: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Thank you so much Vic, Kath and Emma. Chaotic as I am, I actually have quite a perfectionist streak in me - so I do want them to be right and with your support and help I know they will be. Cheers!!

message 21: by Kath (last edited Feb 18, 2012 03:00AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Chaotic perfection. What a delightful phrase - and so very Stuart Ayris!

(Edit - corrected my OWN typo!)

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Ignite wrote: "Chaotic perfection. What a delightful phrase - and so very Stuart Ayris!

(Edit - corrected my OWN typo!)"

message 23: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments All sorted and uploaded! Should be available by the end of the day!! Hurrah!!

A special wonderful thankyou to Kath!!!

message 24: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments It's a pleasure to be associated even peripherally (Oooh get me!) with such a brilliant work Stuart.

message 25: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments : )

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hurrah! Indeed xx am about three quarters of the way through, really enjoying it xxx been hearing all about you from my colleague who saw his brother Charlie at the weekend!! All good I am pleased to say xx

message 27: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Cheers Emma!! ALL good? Brilliant! (I should imagine the words drunk, unprofessional, scruffy and inappropriate may have come into it somewhere!) - that was the old me of course! x

message 28: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments So, are you appropriate now?

message 29: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments I've lost belief in the entire concept of propriety so I guess I am neither appropriate nor inappropriate - and much happier for it!

message 30: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Good for you!

message 31: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Hey, 'Souls' is live again now - off we go to promote it!

message 32: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Is it? Great!!

message 33: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Yep - open a bottle?

message 34: by Stuart (last edited Feb 21, 2012 06:03AM) (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments The revamped version of A Cleansing of Souls is now available for download!

Here is the blurb:

“You are in need of Love,” said the earnest young man.

“I am Love,” replied Michael, looking up.

"Your sins were washed away when Jesus was nailed to the cross. He suffered so that you may not suffer. He died and was resurrected so that you too may join your father. Jesus will save you.”

Michael looked deep into the eyes of the earnest young man and held his upturned palms before him.

“But I am Jesus,” he said.

In 1961, Michael Parrish was found in bed with his younger sister. She had been dead for four days. In the summer of 1989, Michael goes missing. Tom Spanner, a young man grieving for the baby brother he once had, leaves home and in so doing brings his family to its knees. And you know now that these two were just bound to meet...

And so the search is on for these two men so lost in life. But for those doing the searching - Tom's father and Michael's life-long friend, Ron - the motives behind that search couldn't be more different...

A Cleansing of Souls is a novel of hope and redemption.

message 35: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I've given it a mention on Am's MOA under 'something genuinely original.'

'Cos it is!

message 36: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments Thank you! I have a little more confidence in it now!

message 37: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Good. Deep breaths and repeat after me - "I'm Stuart Ayris, talented author!"

message 38: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments You are funny!! And you know what, I've always been confident in my writing, just not so much the grammar etc - what a lucky find you were!

message 39: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Gerroff! You'll be scraping me off your shoe in a few months!

message 40: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments I don't wear shoes - cowboy boots for me!

message 41: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Ooo-er, sounds exotic!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I love cowboy boots, and I have been trying to find a nice pair for years. I have wide feet and bulgy calves, and I have never found a pair I am comfortable in. :(

message 43: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments It's all I've worn for about ten years!!

message 44: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2692 comments On my feet that is!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I hope you air them out every now and then...

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol! Yep drink did get mentioned!! Glad it s all live again. Will email amazon and ask for the updated version later. Hope it all goes well. When I get home will share the book everywhere again xxxx

message 47: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Feb 21, 2012 03:20PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Let's have an amazon link, eh?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Cleansing-o...

I''ve scooped it this time! What a slippery book it's been!

message 48: by Maureen (Mews) (new)

Maureen (Mews) (mews) | 719 comments Scooped it too. After reading this thread though I have an image of Stuart wearing cowboy boots and nothing else!

;-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Cowboy boots and his beard would have been good. Shame he's shaved. :(

message 50: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments It'll grow again.
His beard, that is.

« previous 1