Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Chris Stedman
This topic is about Chris Stedman
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Two authors with the same name

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathan_dunbar) | 3 comments Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to distinctively list books by authors with the same name? I just added a book for the author listed (Chris Stedman) and there's another book by different author with the same name. The author page is showing both books.

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 1 comments Yes there is. One author will have a single space between his first and last names, the other will have two spaces between his first and last names.

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathan_dunbar) | 3 comments Camille wrote: "Yes there is. One author will have a single space between his first and last names, the other will have two spaces between his first and last names."

Gotcha. Will this affect the search mechanism for the author with 2 spaces?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
Nathan wrote: "Will this affect the search mechanism for the author with 2 spaces?"

No.

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathan_dunbar) | 3 comments Thanks for your help!

message 6: by Pertinacia (new)

Pertinacia (goodreadscompertinacia) | 175 comments Hi,

this author are actually two authors with the same name:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

1. Jan Zrzavý (1890 - 1977) was a Czech painter and illustrator. He's a co-author of the book Kytice.

2. Jan Zrzavý (1964) is a Czech biologist. He's an author of all the other books listed.

Could somebody fix it, please?

Thank you very much!

message 7: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 16 comments I fixed the issue with the illustrator.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. I am closing this thread. Start new ones for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.