Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > multiple nooks -- not downloading to both

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I bought some books from B&N today and they downloaded to my Nook Classic, but not to my Nook Touch. Wifi is on. Anyone know what might be going on, or is this usual?

message 2: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

I found a workaround -- shopped for the book and it said I'd purchased it. Hit the read button and after that it was in my library. Kind of annoying, though. Shouldn't it have shown up as being in my library when I searched for it, even if it wasn't downloaded?

message 3: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

And wth? I looked up the other book, found it, but now it wants me to unlock it with my credit card!

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) willaful wrote: "And wth? I looked up the other book, found it, but now it wants me to unlock it with my credit card!"

I'd say you need too contact B&N. Maybe they only let you use one Nook. Like Apple and ipods.

message 5: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

I tried, but got a useless bot. And my emails to them are always answered by bots too.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) willaful wrote: "I tried, but got a useless bot. And my emails to them are always answered by bots too."

Did you call tech support? Or better yet, go to your closest store. Donnajo had a good experience with that.

message 7: by Tiennie (new)

Tiennie | 15 comments Dumb question, but have you tried restarting them? Another dumb question but have you made sure they are both registered to your account? We have 6 nooks, and the Nook app on our iPads and iTouches, and iPhones. The books always download wirelessly to each device. Only 6 nook devices are allowed but so far we can still download the books to our other devices.

Also to Sandra aka Sleo - you can use more than one ipod/itouch/ipad/iphone on your Apple account. My husband, 4 kids and I all share the same account and all our devices sync wirelessly whenever something is purchased on any of our devices.

message 8: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

Don't have a nearby store, alas. :-( I'm sure they're both on the same account, they have the same library.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) Tiennie wrote: "Dumb question, but have you tried restarting them? Another dumb question but have you made sure they are both registered to your account? We have 6 nooks, and the Nook app on our iPads and iTouches..."

Yes, I think Apple changed this recently. And that answers my question about having more than one Nook.

message 10: by Tiennie (new)

Tiennie | 15 comments Sandra aka Sleo wrote: "Tiennie wrote: "Dumb question, but have you tried restarting them? Another dumb question but have you made sure they are both registered to your account? We have 6 nooks, and the Nook app on our iP..."

We've always been able to share the account, but it's the recent update that allows it to sync wirelessly.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I just shut them off and turn back on also. Has worked everytime. I also am downloading to the classic and the simple touch.

message 12: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

I continued to have problems, including being asked to unlock a gift book with my credit card. :-\ And even inputting the credit card info for the other book didn't work. After several calls to customer service, I had to deregister it. :-(

message 13: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Feb 19, 2012 08:42PM) (new)

Argh. And now it's asking for a credit card to unlock my library books!

ETA - I redownloaded the library book and it seems okay now. But I'm starting to think my Nook is jinxed.