Women's Fiction authors discussion

Let's Share Blogs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 708 (708 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Peggy (last edited Feb 16, 2012 02:47AM) (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments I'd love to see what this group is blogging about. Please share your blog address here.

Mine is related to my women's fiction novel, My Shoes Don't Fit, to be released in late June/early July. The blog is called Kick Back Moments and you can find at: http://pstrack.blogspot.com

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina Wible | 10 comments My blog can be reached by clicking the "Blog" tab on my website ( http://www.christinawible.com ) Excuse the mess on the site, I'm redesigning the site for a marketing push on my three novels but I took time out to clean the bathroom. Hmmmm....there's something wrong with that.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 30 comments @Peggy: I clicked on the link to your blog and got a message saying the blog wasn't found.
@ Christina: Nice website and blog.

My blog is shared with my co-author and was basically created to promote our book, I.O.U. Sex.
Here's the link: Sandy & Sandra’s Blog

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Sandy and Christina ~ Great blogs and I will comment after work today. I'll try mine again - not sure why it's not connecting: http://pstrack.blogspot.com (or you can Google: Kick Back Moments) Thanks!

message 5: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bell (shellybellbooks) I just joined the group! My blog is at www.shellybellbooks.com/blog. I haven't written one for my personal blog since I've been out on a blog tour this month. However, I'm going to be utilizing it five days a week, beginning next month and will be looking for guest bloggers.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 30 comments Peggy: This time the link to your blog worked. I enjoyed "The Beauty of Aging" and left a comment. I like your blog.

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Christina wrote: "My blog can be reached by clicking the "Blog" tab on my website ( http://www.christinawible.com ) Excuse the mess on the site, I'm redesigning the site for a marketing push on my three novels but..."

Enjoyed your website, Christina. I know what you mean about having a book in you and letting it out. Definitely, one of those, "What did I do moments?" The publishing industry is so complex. I'm looking forward to adding your novels to my Kindle.

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina Wible | 10 comments Thanks, Peggy. I am really finally beginning to understand the marketing aspects of my journey. Being an introvert it has been difficult but I may yet make it. I've been getting some help from a coach in this arena and I'm excited about cultivating my shadow side (I'm an introvert). My only real love, though, is writing.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi, thanks for sharing and requesting blog sites. Mine is www.4broadminds.blogspot.com/
I will check the others posted this weekend. thanks carol

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess Chambers (jesschambers) How about we do a blog exchange? All this means is that we post the links to each other's blogs on our own sites under the heading Author Exchange and make a commitment to comment regularly on each other's posts. What do you think?

In the meantime, I wrote a rather personal piece on my recent struggle with writer's block and would love your thoughts:
http://www.jessicachambers.co.uk/blog...

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Great idea! I am looking forward to checking out your sites.

My blog, Bibliophilic Blather, features Flash Fiction Fridays each week, which showcases authors of all genres contributing stories of 1,000 words or less, as well as the recurring "Editing for Grammarphobes" and various literary musings.

I am always open for submissions to Flash Fiction Fridays and would love for you to contribute. All I ask is that you sign up to follow the blog, so we can build our online writing community. It's great fun. I've had many award-winning authors, a NY Times bestseller and writers from all around the world.

Please join me at http://karenwojcikberner.blogspot.com .

Thanks much!

message 12: by Peggy (last edited Feb 17, 2012 05:46AM) (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments I will go in and follow everyone's blogs this weekend. I make a point to comment on five blogs per day. It is so important when trying to build an author platform.

I'm enjoying reading your posts and love the feeling that I'm not talking to myself on my own blog.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi all, I checked out and posted on your blogs this morning. Our blogs are an interesting cross section. Interested in what brought each of you to the theme for your site.
thanks
carol
www.4broadminds.blogspot.com/

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess Chambers (jesschambers) Thanks so much to those of you who have commented on my blog. Apologies for not reciprocating. Being visually impaired, I have terrible trouble commenting on Blogger posts, what with the visual verification. I really enjoyed reading all your posts though.

message 15: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Good idea, Carol. I'd love to know too. My blog is "Kick Back Moments." I created it to go along with my soon to be released novel, "My Shoes Don't Fit" (still not 100% sure on the title). It's about a disillusioned married couple who have achieved the American dream. Now that they have it, they realize it's all wrong. Their schedules are so tight they barely have time to breathe. This causes quite a bit of tension within the family. The couple soon separates and each begin a journey to find a place where they truly belong.

message 16: by Christina (new)

Christina Wible | 10 comments Mine has gone through several "morphs". It started (as you can see from the title) as a promotion for my first book, In Between Goodbyes. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not it should have a more generic title now that I'm writing my 4th (5th and 6th) novel. It's sort of a place to dump various ideas I have and things I see about the process of writing in general.

message 17: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd Peggy wrote: "I'd love to see what this group is blogging about. Please share your blog address here.

Mine is related to my women's fiction novel, My Shoes Don't Fit, to be released in late June/early July. T..."

Lovely blog of yours, Peggy. I like Ann Tyler's books too. I occasionaly blog at www.aussieauthorsatwork.blogspot.com

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi all, like many writers, I started my blog as an eventual marketing tool for when my women's novels are published. I worried I could not keep up with regular blogging and opted to start the blog with 3 other women's writers...hence the title www.4broadminds.blogspot.com/
carol

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (schneiderlynn) | 56 comments I'd like to get in on this too. Is it too late? My blog is www.lynnschneiderbooks.com and I've been blogging for about 13 months now. I am going to go in and check out all of your blogs too.

Lynn

message 20: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Lynn ~ Just read your blog. You are a great humor writer. I laughed several times while reading it and I did leave you a comment. Thanks for a great read in the middle of a crazy day....Peggy

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (schneiderlynn) | 56 comments Christina wrote: "My blog can be reached by clicking the "Blog" tab on my website ( http://www.christinawible.com ) Excuse the mess on the site, I'm redesigning the site for a marketing push on my three novels but..."

Christina, I checked out your website and blog. Wish I'd known about it back when I was struggling with all of it, self-pubbed print versions, and Kindle files. I tried to blog about everything I had to learn, but from an amateur's perspective. Good information!

Lynn

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (schneiderlynn) | 56 comments Shelly wrote: "I just joined the group! My blog is at www.shellybellbooks.com/blog. I haven't written one for my personal blog since I've been out on a blog tour this month. However, I'm going to be utilizing it ..."
Shelly, I checked out your blog and am really interested in your book, it sounds very good, the reviews were great. I am looking forward to reading it.

message 23: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 30 comments Hi, Lynn. Great to see you here! Maybe we should direct these nice people to the Boomers & Books blog, to which we both contribute. I'd call the content eclectic, wouldn't you?
Here's the link:
http://boomersandbooks.wordpress.com/

message 24: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd A good idea to blog with other writers. I occasionally blog with other writers on aussieauthorsatwork.blogspot.com
I liked Julie's photos of where she lives.

message 25: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd Sandra wrote: "Hi, Lynn. Great to see you here! Maybe we should direct these nice people to the Boomers & Books blog, to which we both contribute. I'd call the content eclectic, wouldn't you?
Here's the link:
ht..."

Interesting blogsite, Sandra. It seems to work well blogging with other writers/people about one's interests. I like sound of The Same Sweet girls by Cassandra King and will look her up or see if her books are available on Kindle books. cheers

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) hi, I read Same Sweet Girls a couple of years ago and my lingering memory is the warm friendships and sense of place...can't remember exactly where it is set, but it conjures the warmth and community of small town south

message 27: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Laurel wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Hi, Lynn. Great to see you here! Maybe we should direct these nice people to the Boomers & Books blog, to which we both contribute. I'd call the content eclectic, wouldn't you?
Here..."

Checked out Boomers and Blogs. Great blog.

message 28: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi all, keep your blog links coming.
I hope you will read/comment on my latest post.
http://4broadminds.blogspot.com/2012/...

thanks carol

message 29: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Hi All ~ I'm enjoying your blogs - quite a talented group. Please stop by my Kick Back Moments and read my latest post, A Lonely Bench.
http://pstrack.blogspot.com

message 30: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Good Morning! Here is my blog link, http://www.eatingliferaw.blogspot.com I hope you'll visit/comment/follow and I will do the same. I look forward to reading your thoughts! Wow, that makes me sound powerful... but you know what I mean. LOL!!

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Carol wrote: "Hi all, keep your blog links coming.
I hope you will read/comment on my latest post.
http://4broadminds.blogspot.com/2012/...

thanks carol"

Hi Carol, I read and left a comment. Great blog!

message 32: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Peggy wrote: "Hi All ~ I'm enjoying your blogs - quite a talented group. Please stop by my Kick Back Moments and read my latest post, A Lonely Bench.
http://pstrack.blogspot.com"

I visited Peggy, and was delighted to find the most wonderful bench waiting for me;)

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Sandra wrote: "Hi, Lynn. Great to see you here! Maybe we should direct these nice people to the Boomers & Books blog, to which we both contribute. I'd call the content eclectic, wouldn't you?
Here's the link:
ht..."

Nice blog Sandra, very versatile and professional.

message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Lynn wrote: "I'd like to get in on this too. Is it too late? My blog is www.lynnschneiderbooks.com and I've been blogging for about 13 months now. I am going to go in and check out all of your blogs too.

Lynn"

Hi Lynn, it's good to see you again. Your blog is wonderful!

message 35: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Karen wrote: "Great idea! I am looking forward to checking out your sites.

My blog, Bibliophilic Blather, features Flash Fiction Fridays each week, which showcases authors of all genres contributing stories of ..."

Hi Karen! I love your blog and am looking forward to contributing to Flash Fiction Friday once again;)

message 36: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Jessica wrote: "How about we do a blog exchange? All this means is that we post the links to each other's blogs on our own sites under the heading Author Exchange and make a commitment to comment regularly on each..."

Hi Jessica, I just visited your blog. I'm excited for you and your new project! I wish you all the best.

message 37: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Christina wrote: "Thanks, Peggy. I am really finally beginning to understand the marketing aspects of my journey. Being an introvert it has been difficult but I may yet make it. I've been getting some help from a..."

Chris, your website and blog are beautiful. I can see the quality and care that you put into your work simply by visiting your sites. I sure wish I were nearby to take that course of yours;)

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Laurel wrote: "A good idea to blog with other writers. I occasionally blog with other writers on aussieauthorsatwork.blogspot.com
I liked Julie's photos of where she lives."

Hi Laurel, I visited and am following. There were lots of great posts to view and I intend to go back when I have more time and explore them.

message 39: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Shelly wrote: "I just joined the group! My blog is at www.shellybellbooks.com/blog. I haven't written one for my personal blog since I've been out on a blog tour this month. However, I'm going to be utilizing it ..."

Shelly, A Year To Remember sounds wonderful. I think there are a lot of ladies who can relate to the topic. I intend to get a copy. Best of luck.

message 40: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Leah, terrific blog on life and loss and living after it. Love the title, eating life raw.

Keep us posted on your book pub. I followed the link to the first couple of chapters and was pulled right in by the first person voice. Keep us posted on progress.

message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Carol wrote: "Leah, terrific blog on life and loss and living after it. Love the title, eating life raw.

Keep us posted on your book pub. I followed the link to the first couple of chapters and was pulled righ..."

Thanks Carol! I'm taking it one step at a time. Trying to synchronize all my steps and pull everything together. It’s certainly a learning experience.

message 42: by Ute (last edited Mar 12, 2012 10:21AM) (new)

Ute Carbone (widldwords) | 30 comments Hi! I've just joined this group and am very excited to have a group of women's fiction writers. I blog at: http://ute-carbone.blogspot.com/

I'm going to try and stop in at your blogs soon!

message 43: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Welcome Ute, love your Blueberry Truth cover and blurp. look forward to getting to know more about you and your work

message 44: by Clare (new)

Clare Ashton | 2 comments Love the variety of blogs here. Here's mine where I put reviews of books I've liked and other odd bits: http://rclareashton.wordpress.com/

message 45: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) thanks Claire. congrats on your great book reviews. carol

message 46: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Welcome Claire and Ute. I enjoyed reading your blogs. Congratulations on your book releases!

message 47: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 4 comments I'm going to see my first novel get released tomorrow...it's promoted as urban fantasy but I think it's more paranormal chick lit. :)

I blog at http://ash-krafton.blogspot.com and, once all the blog tou stuff is done, I'll go back to talking about paranormal books, writing and inspiration, and tips on publishing.

I belong to RWA and the Chick Lit Writers chapter...glad to see so many fabulous blogs here! I've got my Follow finger ready!

message 48: by Leah (new)

Leah Griffith | 32 comments Ash wrote: "I'm going to see my first novel get released tomorrow...it's promoted as urban fantasy but I think it's more paranormal chick lit. :)

I blog at http://ash-krafton.blogspot.com and, once all the bl..."

Congratulations Ash! That is fabulous!
I'm hoping to release my novel the end of the month. Right now I'm up to my earlobes in front matter and website design. I'm so thrilled to have control over my art. Self-pub is an answer to prayer.

message 49: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments I've been visiting all the blogs here. Lots of great essays, reviews and publishing hints.

Ash, best of luck on your new release!

Karen
Http://karenwojcikberner.blogspot.com

message 50: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 96 comments Congratulations Ash! What an accomplishment!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15