Bookbent discussion

Miscellaneous > What should we read?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Mod
Add your suggestions for future titles to discuss here.

message 2: by Angel (new)

Angel J (angelthelibrarian) | 2 comments Mod
perspective is everything

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Mod
Angel wrote: "perspective is everything"

I can't find that title. Who's the author?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemcnair) | 1 comments Mod
I think Love Drugged would be an appropriate choice considering the recent news about the author being disinvited from a Blue Valley school.

message 5: by Angel (last edited Oct 09, 2012 02:47PM) (new)

Angel J (angelthelibrarian) | 2 comments Mod
The library doesn't have copies of Love Drugged available yet-- :-( I plan to buy a copy this week due to the big news out in Blue Valley! Should we pick a different title until the library's copies of Love Drugged are available? How about --Personal Effects by Kokie or Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green?

message 6: by Chris (last edited Oct 12, 2012 03:13PM) (new)

Chris (chriskoppenhaver) | 7 comments Mod
Kate, are you talking about this? All I know is what's said in the article. Do you know any more about what happened? It definitely sounds like one we should read when it's available.

Class, today's word is irony

"Earlier this month, I got an email from a librarian in Kansas. My name had been recommended by an author she'd worked with in the past. This librarian was organizing a program at her school that would take place during the American Library Association's Banned Books Week. Her event was called "The Right to Read" and she invited me to speak to her eighth-graders on the topic of censorship and teen books. . . . "

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, Great group, I didn’t see an authors page, hope I am not breaking any rules…I am Jane Brooke, a 22 year old lesbian British savage writer of LGBT/LESBIAN/HETERO all genders erotica and I have this year 8 new books from Amazon and of course with my PIC on my page. My work described to me by my readers is banal, URBAN, RAW, Ultra sexual, profane, beautiful and finally bullet in the head MY GENERATION-REAL. I do a yearly jaunt through the underground sex, scene and fetish clubs of Europe, and infuse my work with what I see, as a voyeur in these freedom loving people’s private lives. My work is not for the weak-of-heart, so SEAT BELT REQUIRED, and since I am done whoring myself, a girl uses what she has, BIG SMILE, WTF just dropped an ash from my cigarette into my tequila shot, smoke in my eyes, collateral damage of being a writer, Cheers Jane from London Death at the Sapphic Ball by Jane Brooke Warehouse Wonder World by Jane Brooke

message 8: by Wren (new)

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul Lovell (powerpuffgeezer) Paulyanna International Rent-boy takes you on a perilous journey from the UK back-streets to various worldwide destinations before delivering the reader to Switzerland.

You can read about my epic journey.

HERE ARE BOOKSTORE LINKS...

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

HERE ARE MY REVIEWS…

http://powerpuffgeezer.webs.com/book-...

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul Lovell (powerpuffgeezer) I would like to request the above to be included in your recommendations and book shelves

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul Lovell (powerpuffgeezer) many thanks :-)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ask the Passengers by A.S. King