Pirate Romance discussion

Pirate Romances > Looking for "Heroine is flogged..."

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 32 comments Several readers on Amazon's Romance message board have been unsuccessfully looking for the following book since Dec 2010. I truly hope someone here might be able to recognize it.

Tatyana says:

Well, It's been quite a while since I posted this inquiry, but even though there have been a lot of good books that have been named, I don't think the one I'm looking for is one of them. It's been so long since I read it by now, but the things I clearly remember is that the girl is some kind of orphan, and doesn't want to marry her uncle (or other family member she lives with) because he wants her money. She runs and gets on a ship, and I don't remember the details of how she gets uncovered. I do remember though, that the captain has a son on board, who is a boy that is a crew-member. You don't realize in the beginning that he is the son of the captain, and he and the girl becomes friends. Maybe his name is Kit or something like that.

Also I remember the "beating" scene, where the girl, who really wants to become a crew-member does something dangerous, that not only endangers her, but the whole crew, and that's why the captain has to punish her, even though it's difficult -- by that time everybody knows that she is a girl.

Original post: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/r...

P.S. I've posted this book search on several websites since we started searching for it.

Thank you very much.

Jenny

message 2: by Karla (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:59AM) (new)

Karla I'm seeing details that pop up in several different books, but nothing that has ALL of them.

The whole "boy on ship is the hero's son & becomes friends with the heroine" sounds like Captive Passions.

The "running away from marriage and posing as a boy" sounds like Lady Vixen.

The "endangering the crew, which needs to be punished" sounds like Bound by the Heart.

But none of them are from the early 90s, like what the original poster says. So I'm stumped.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 548 comments Mod
Me too..been racking my brains on this one,the name Kit also rings a bell,I would agree with you Karla on your picks.Its hard to narrow it down when alot of these things happen in the older pirate romance reads,would love to know which one it is.

message 4: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 32 comments Thank you both. I forwarded your answer. I am also afraid the OP is mixing up several books. I hope all of that happens in one book so that I/we can read it.

message 5: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie | 1 comments I second the Bound by the Heart.