Addicted to YA discussion

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
This topic is about Clockwork Princess
Series > Clockwork Princess

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What do you think will happen?

Nila | 139 comments Will's sister will probably is going to start training as a ShadowHunter but Will's not going to like it. I hate Tessa for choosing Jem over Will. It almost killed me, but I can't wait to see what happens between them in this book

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 19 comments I have a feeling that if things will work out with Will and Tessa, Jem's going to have to die. So I'm sad about that. I wish we could see Henry and Charlotte's baby, but according to Cassie the book won't go on that far.

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't know if you've heard this or not but theres going to be another shadowhunter series and one of the main characters is Emma Carstairs. So maybe Jem doesn't die?

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 19 comments Erika wrote: "I don't know if you've heard this or not but theres going to be another shadowhunter series and one of the main characters is Emma Carstairs. So maybe Jem doesn't die?"

Yes, I heard about that, but in my mess of a brain, things HAVE to work out between Tessa and Will and the only way that will work is if Jem dies or meets someone else (which I don't think is likely)

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 03, 2012 06:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Erika wrote: "I don't know if you've heard this or not but theres going to be another shadowhunter series and one of the main characters is Emma Carstairs. So maybe Jem doesn't die?"

Yes, I heard ..."

Same I keep think of ways that Tessa and Will can be together and thats only if Jem dies or gets with someone else. I don't really want him to die but if he has to for Tessa and Will to be together then I wouldn't mind because he isn't my favorite character

Nila | 139 comments Erika wrote: "I don't know if you've heard this or not but theres going to be another shadowhunter series and one of the main characters is Emma Carstairs. So maybe Jem doesn't die?"
Could it be a sister, or some other family member?

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I thought his family was dead but it's possible

message 9: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 19 comments Erika wrote: "I thought his family was dead but it's possible"

Maybe not all of his family lived in that same place, when he was talking about it he only mentioned his mother and father.

message 10: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hmmm good point. There are just too many unanswered questions. CP2 seems so far away

message 11: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments I just thought of something....
What if Jem falls in love with Will's sister.... and Will and Tessa could be together!!?
I kinda forgot how old Will's sister is so... this is just a hypothesis....

message 12: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 19 comments Ponnila3398 wrote: "I just thought of something....
What if Jem falls in love with Will's sister.... and Will and Tessa could be together!!?
I kinda forgot how old Will's sister is so... this is just a hypothesis...."

Cecily is 15, but I don't see Jem falling in love with Will's little sister, not to mention that I also don't see Will liking that all too much :)

message 13: by Nila (last edited Mar 04, 2012 08:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments Laura wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "I just thought of something....
I kinda forgot how old Will's sister is so... this is ju..."

Yeah.... I just want WILL AND TESSA TO BE TOGETHER! Why did Jem have to go and propose??!?!?!?! Stupid him.... I almost cried when Tessa told him that she was engaged to Jem.... :(

message 14: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ponnila3398 wrote: "Laura wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "I just thought of something....
I kinda forgot how old Will's sister is so..."

I did cry during that part I felt so bad for Will :(

message 15: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 19 comments Erika wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "Laura wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "I just thought of something....
I kinda forgot how old..."

I didn't cry,I started freaking out though. :D It was one of those "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, CASSIE!?!" moments.

message 16: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Erika wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "Laura wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "I just thought of something....
I kind..."

I know I almost wanted to throw the book across the room because I didn't want what just happened to be real

Kelly I think that Jem will fall in love with Cicily..Because Will and Tessa have to end up together.. it wouldnt be fair if they didnt :(

message 18: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "I think that Jem will fall in love with Cicily..Because Will and Tessa have to end up together.. it wouldnt be fair if they didnt :("

I think that in a perfect world Tessa and Will would end up together but sadly their world is far from perfect

Kelly yes but maybe cassandra will realize she pissed off all her readers lol

message 20: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maybe but then the Jem fans will be upset. I wonder who she wants Tessa to be with...

Kelly true.. Idk! maybe tessa will have an affair with Will lol

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "true.. Idk! maybe tessa will have an affair with Will lol"

I'd enjoy that but it wouldn't be the same because they'd have to hide it and what if Jem found out? I think that if she doesn't end up with Will she shouldn't end up with anyone else

message 23: by Mary-ann (new)

Mary-ann Torres | 9 comments I wish tress and will r together. But hem is great too. Ugh so hard. Lol

message 24: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments Mary-ann wrote: "I wish tress and will r together. But hem is great too. Ugh so hard. Lol"

i really hope u mean tessa and will, and jem is great too.... lol :)

message 25: by Josie (new) - added it

Josie (2jojo17) | 3 comments i love this series i can't wait for this book

message 26: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments totally. i just died at the ending of cp

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! I wonder what will happen with Cecily around. Since it's the last book I wonder how she will end it.

message 28: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments SO CURIOUS!

Sarah | 19 comments I can't wait for this book to come out. But if Tessa doesn't end up with Will, I'm gonna flip lol. Maybe Jem'll fall in love with Cecily, break up his engagement with Tessa, and everything'll work out.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like Will, but I think everyone who is hoping Tessa will break it off with Jem and be with Will isn't thinking straight. If she did that, Jem would be so hurt, Tessa wouldn't be the same amazing heroine we all admire, and Will wouldn't be the incredibly handsome, witty but sensitive and broken inside guy we love. So basically, we fell in love with the characters the way they are, and the way they are isn't people who would do that to each other. If they did, they wouldn't be the same people, and it would completely ruin the end. This is not a case of "the end justifies the means".

message 31: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 09, 2012 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash wrote: "I really like Will, but I think everyone who is hoping Tessa will break it off with Jem and be with Will isn't thinking straight. If she did that, Jem would be so hurt, Tessa wouldn't be the same a..."

I completely agree but that doesn't stop me from wanting Tessa to be with Will.
I was just having this debate with one of my friends and she was saying that Will was going to die and not Jem because Jem dying would be too predictable and now that I'm thinking more about it I think that maybe Jem dying would be so predictable that people will begin to think that it wouldn't happen, therefore making it unpredictable...I'm not sure if that made any sense

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "Ash wrote: "I really like Will, but I think everyone who is hoping Tessa will break it off with Jem and be with Will isn't thinking straight. If she did that, Jem would be so hurt, Tessa wouldn't b..."

Yeah I kinda get what you mean. I seriously hope neither of them die, and I think even if Jem did die Tessa still wouldn't end up with Will, because Will would be too caught up in his grief to even think about Tessa, plus he would think he was betraying Jem if he started things with Tessa. I also think that no matter how many people expect Jem to die, or how predictable it is is would still be a massive shock and a big slap in the face to all the readers if he did die.

message 33: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

The only reason why I'm thinking one of them dies is because of this teaser from City of Lost Souls:

“I know about parabatai,” said Magnus, an angry, dark undercurrent to his voice. “I’ve known parabatai so close they were almost the same person; do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —?”

Magnus is probably talking about Will and Jem and that just makes me wonder even more about what's going to happen in Clockwork Princess!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I know, and the fact that it's Magnus talking makes me think Jem dies because, in CA and CP at least, Magnus doesnt really have much to do with Jem. So he would know more about how Will was affected by it, especially after the curse, than how Jem would be if Will dies.

message 35: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah I feel that Magnus wouldn't know much about how Jem would feel if Will died because he doesn't really know Jem but he knows Will...I hope that Will lives

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

When Clockwork Princess comes out I'm probably going to be moody and snapping at everyone for days, cause no matter who Tessa ends up with, she can't end up with both of them so I'll be upset for the one she doesn't end up with, and grumpy no matter who it is. And if one of them does die, which is likely, it will just make it ten times worse. :/ I don't envy my friends and family my company around that time to be honest. Hahaha :L

message 37: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash wrote: "When Clockwork Princess comes out I'm probably going to be moody and snapping at everyone for days, cause no matter who Tessa ends up with, she can't end up with both of them so I'll be upset for t..."

Yeah I think I'll be that way too or I'll start telling people about what I think should have happened!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "Yeah I feel that Magnus wouldn't know much about how Jem would feel if Will died because he doesn't really know Jem but he knows Will...I hope that Will lives"

Maybe Jem will die, and Will will leave London and move to Idris or something cause he can't bare to stay in London with the constant reminders of Jem, and Tessa will end up alone. Theres also the whole Emma Carstairs thing, but I don't really know what to think cause if she was the descendant of Jem and Tessa, she would be part shadowhunter part warlock/whatever Tessa is. And we don't even know is Tessa is able to have children.

message 39: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

There are so many possibilities! Just makes you want the book even more

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "There are so many possibilities! Just makes you want the book even more"

I know right! And we have to wait so long for it! Cassandra Clare's killing me with all these little snippets that say everything but tell us absolutely nothing, just leaving us to wonder and our imaginations to come up with all these scenarios that are probably completely different to what will actually happen, seeing as her books are always so unpredictable.

message 41: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah I think that the fans could probably come up with tons of stuff that would never happen in the books because there's always some twist in Cassandra Clare's books!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

WHAT IF WILL DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever thought of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 43: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Ponnila3398 wrote: "Will's sister will probably is going to start training as a ShadowHunter but Will's not going to like it. I hate Tessa for choosing Jem over Will. It almost killed me, but I can't wait to see what ..."

I hated the part where Jem asked her to marry her!! I was crying when will came to her afterwards... :((

message 44: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Keogh (crkeogh) | 2 comments Oh My God! I loved Clockwork Prince!! I was laughing and crying and it killed me what happened to Will and at the end I was just weeping! :'(

message 45: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Keogh (crkeogh) | 2 comments I feel like Tessa will eventually go back to Will, but I am wondering how it will happen. I also think that there will be some awkward/fighting scenes with Cecily with Will about her living at the institute and becoming a Shadowhunter.

message 46: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I just hope that Tessa dosen't die because it is my deepest desire that she is immortal and will turn up in the MI series or the next series cassie is planning on doing.

message 47: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Fari wrote: "Ela wrote: "I just hope that Tessa dosen't die because it is my deepest desire that she is immortal and will turn up in the MI series or the next series cassie is planning on doing."

She does turn..."

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 26, 2012 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela wrote: "Fari wrote: "Ela wrote: "I just hope that Tessa dosen't die because it is my deepest desire that she is immortal and will turn up in the MI series or the next series cassie is planning on doing."

..."

I believe Fari means the part on page 525 of CoG where Magnus is talking to a girl that Clary thinks is familiar.

message 49: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Clare wrote: "Oh My God! I loved Clockwork Prince!! I was laughing and crying and it killed me what happened to Will and at the end I was just weeping! :'("

SAME!

message 50: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Erika wrote: "Ela wrote: "Fari wrote: "Ela wrote: "I just hope that Tessa dosen't die because it is my deepest desire that she is immortal and will turn up in the MI series or the next series cassie is planning ..."

Right, I'm going to get my copy....AH my copy only goes up to page 492!! What scene is it in??

« previous 1 3 4 5