Addicted to YA discussion

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
This topic is about Clockwork Prince
Series > Clockwork Prince

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anyone else hear that there's going to be another series about the Shadowhunters called the Dark Artifices and one of the main characters name is Emma Carstairs!

Nila | 139 comments OHMYGOSH Yes I heard that! I can't wait. If that's just a rumor, I swear I will die

Nila | 139 comments I freaking love this series and that's all i have to say, cause if I try to say more, I'll probably faint

Kayla  | 46 comments I loved Clockwork Prince except *SPOILERS* I'm totally a Will fan and Tessa marrying Jem is just not right to me! *sniffle*

Sierra~Kelley I loved this book.Especially Jem!

Nila | 139 comments Kayla wrote: "I loved Clockwork Prince except *SPOILERS* I'm totally a Will fan and Tessa marrying Jem is just not right to me! *sniffle*"

I totally agree with you. i want to kick tessa rite now

Sumin Just got the book yesterday along with city of fallen angels! But I'm waiting to finish fallen angels before I get started on this one!

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ponnila3398 wrote: "OHMYGOSH Yes I heard that! I can't wait. If that's just a rumor, I swear I will die"

You won't need to! Cassandra clare made it official. After MI and ID she will write and publish the books!!!

message 10: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ponnila3398 wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I loved Clockwork Prince except *SPOILERS* I'm totally a Will fan and Tessa marrying Jem is just not right to me! *sniffle*"

I totally agree with you. i want to kick tessa rite now"

I don't wanna kick her but I/m upset too. I mean I like Jem....but..no WILL and Tessa are meant to be!!!

message 11: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Sumin wrote: "Just got the book yesterday along with city of fallen angels! But I'm waiting to finish fallen angels before I get started on this one!"

YOU WILL LOVE IT!! :D

message 12: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Why tessa, why????

Charlotte Jackanicz Love Cassandra Clare's series! Can NOT wait for Clockwork Princess to come out. Has anyone noticed similarities between the love triangle in this series and the movie Legends of the Fall?

Charlotte Jackanicz Erika wrote: "Anyone else hear that there's going to be another series about the Shadowhunters called the Dark Artifices and one of the main characters name is Emma Carstairs!"

YES! Cassandra Clare has it on her website. super exciting

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Question: Do I have to read The Mortal Instruments before reading this?

message 16: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Idunsses wrote: "Question: Do I have to read The Mortal Instruments before reading this?"

Nope the Infernal Devices are a a prequel series and you don't have to read TMI first but it might make more sense in the beginning but everything gets explained in the book so again you don't have to read TMI first.

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments I love Clockwork Prince! Yes it was agonizing. The ending was like a knife stabbed and twisted in my heart. But I still loved it because of the things revealed about Will. And I kinda like reading tearjerkers.

message 18: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy yes! it was good to know he was pushing people away on purpose! lol, when he was like Charlotte you can't retire and she was like ? will?

Anique | 6 comments Noor wrote: "Ponnila3398 wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I loved Clockwork Prince except *SPOILERS* I'm totally a Will fan and Tessa marrying Jem is just not right to me! *sniffle*"

I totally agree with you. i want to ..."

ithink Cassie just didn't want the main girl to end up with someone so much like jace...(TMI)

message 20: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

For some reason I feel like she's not going to end up with either of them (even though I really really want her to end up with Will). It just doesn't seem possible because of Jem's condition and how could Will destroy Jem by taking Tessa from him? The wait for Clockwork Princess is killing me!

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments ^Yeah, can't wait for Clockwork Princess! It's the conclusion to the story, right? I really don't know what to expect! Although I'm wishing that Tessa will end up with Will, I'm not sure if that's gonna happen. That's why I love Cassandra Clare--because the twists in her stories are so unpredictable! <3

message 22: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy exactly, we, or maybe I, have no idea how Clockwork Princess is going to be like, if there's a wedding scene i'll probably cry, i just really hope tessa doesn't change much, or kiss both of them when she's married to Jem

message 23: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) I love this book! It was so much better than Clockwork Angel.

Gretchen Hohmeyer (adkwriter15) After Clockwork Angel, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the whole love triangle thing, because these days I'm really not a fan of how they are in nearly EVERY YA book out there. But after Clockwork Prince ... I cannot BELIEVE how perfectly this love triangle is written. The characters, their feelings - I, personally, go back and forth between which one I want her to be with every chapter. After this one, I'm of the mind that Tessa can have Jem if *I* can have Will. :P

message 25: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy lol, that sounds good, except me with will..:)

message 26: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Jus finished it, that ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED the next book!!! this one is so much better than Clockwrok Angel.

I have a real problem because I love Will and Jem! I don't want either of them to have broken hearts.
Charlotte and Henry were so sweet in this one and I'm so glad that Magnus was in this one more. It's great to get some of his back story, I actually love him.

Also I'm wondering, scince it said that Tessa is immortal if she will trun up in MI, (havnt read CoLS btw) I really hope so that would be great!!!!!!

message 27: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela wrote: "Jus finished it, that ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a real problem because I love Will and Jem! I don't want either of t..."

I'm pretty sure Cassandra Clare said she was in CoG but it didn't actually say it was Tessa. I think it was that person Magnus was talking to and the person Clary thought looked familiar

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma (ehorwath) | 6 comments Ela wrote: "Jus finished it, that ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a real problem because I love Will and Jem! I don't want either of t..."

I love Cassandra Clare... and Will!! He's amazing. Jem is soo lucky to have him as his parabatai and that Will really is caring and loves. It's not fair that Tessa's marrying Jem since, 1. he only asked her before Will expressed his true feelings 2. Will was only trying to do what he thought was right and, through that, wasn't showing who he really is to anyone. ;(
I really enjoyed seeing more interaction between Charlotte and Henry; they were so cute! Can't wit for Clockwork Princess!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha started reading it and the beginning started a little slow, but now I'm really starting to like it. Alot is starting to happen.

message 30: by Velveteen (new)

Velveteen Rabbit (balthiersrabbit) i love it ^^

Tracey (tralo29) | 35 comments I think she will get to the alter w Jem, but he will call it off due to finding out will loves her. he would do that for will. plus he's not well

message 32: by Obsessionist (new)

Obsessionist | 275 comments I would love if that happened

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Kayla wrote: "I loved Clockwork Prince except *SPOILERS* I'm totally a Will fan and Tessa marrying Jem is just not right to me! *sniffle*"
Jem is a great character. He deserves some happiness

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Idunsses wrote: "Question: Do I have to read The Mortal Instruments before reading this?"
Not necessarily...

message 35: by An (new)

An This was a very very enjoyable read, but the wait for the next book is killing me!

message 36: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisavoisin) I loved this book. Clare's storytelling ability just seems to get better and better.

Wendy (Teary_Puppet) | 2 comments The Mortal Instrument is similar to The Infernal Devices, just with different people. I love the series, love Tessa, love Will, and OMG Jem!

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) Wendy wrote: "The Mortal Instrument is similar to The Infernal Devices, just with different people. I love the series, love Tessa, love Will, and OMG Jem!"

I know, i love all of them too !!! Cassandra Clare always creates the most amazing characters because i love the characters in TMI too :)

Alice (alice20) Even better than Twilight (which, for me, is hard to say because I'm a big fan of Twilight)!

Team Will!

message 40: by Daria (last edited Jan 12, 2013 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) After this book, I am having a hard time deciding if I like Will or Jem better!!! THEY'RE JUST BOTH SO...AMAZING!!!!!
What in the frickin world is Tessa going to do!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! :P

Emily Anne (emilyannereaderrising) I heard they might make this a movie. How true is that?

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) :O I SOOOOOOOO HOPE THEY DO!!!!11 THAT WOULD JUST BE FANTASTIC!!!

message 43: by Julie (new)

Julie (julieflores) | 8 comments Daria Weasley wrote: "After this book, I am having a hard time deciding if I like Will or Jem better!!! THEY'RE JUST BOTH SO...AMAZING!!!!!
What in the frickin world is Tessa going to do!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!..."

Well the company that is making The Mortal instruments also bought the rights for Infernal Devices, also the producer and the director of TMI in his twitter was asking, a few weeks ago, about which actors we'll prefer for be Will, Jem, etc. That is the only think I know in this moment!

message 44: by Janna (last edited Jan 08, 2014 06:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments Loved the book. I have too much feels at the moment. I have to read Clockwork Princess as soon as possible.

message 45: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana | 33 comments I loved the book, but I am so angry at Cassandra Clare! I am totally team Wessa and I wish Tessa was with Will now instead of Jem!

Veronica | 442 comments Erika wrote: "Anyone else hear that there's going to be another series about the Shadowhunters called the Dark Artifices and one of the main characters name is Emma Carstairs!"

carstairs huh? interesting.

Veronica | 442 comments i liked this book. but it was not amazing.

Courtney Triplett | 42 comments Reading this for the second time now! Absolutely in love with the characters!

Angie~ Faery of Weirdness (angiegoddessofweirdness) | 550 comments Dana wrote: "I loved the book, but I am so angry at Cassandra Clare! I am totally team Wessa and I wish Tessa was with Will now instead of Jem!"

I agree with you.100%

Kelly | 1 comments Should this trilogy be read before the mortal instruments series or does it really matter?

« previous 1