The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
This topic is about The Angel Experiment
Character Romances > Fang, Max, and Dylan

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Opinions?

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I hate Dylan. He ruined everything.

I love Fang. He made Max happy even in the worst of times. He was always there for her. And he wants to be with her more then anything in the world.

I hope in the end (Nevermore coming in August) that Max chooses the right person (Fang).

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah wrote: "I hate Dylan. He ruined everything.

I love Fang. He made Max happy even in the worst of times. He was always there for her. And he wants to be with her more then anything in the world.

I hope in ..."

Completely agree. I absolutely hate Dylan! If Fang doesn't end up with Max then the world will never be right again

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Ikr!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys are forgetting certain things, Fang left! That doesn't prove that he wants to be there for Max. He provably won't come back until their both 34-35. Why do you guys hate Dylan so much? I think Dylan is a traitor but I still love him, I love Fang too, though.

Nila | 139 comments Erika wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I hate Dylan. He ruined everything.

I love Fang. He made Max happy even in the worst of times. He was always there for her. And he wants to be with her more then anything in the wor..."

I totally third that. The letter that Fang wrote to Max in "Fang" was so sad. I was like crying.

message 7: by cy (new) - rated it 3 stars

cy FAX!!! so cute when they got jealous of each others dates!!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I was crying too! It was like a totally real tragedy for me

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 20 comments I haven't met/seen a single person who was pro-Dylan and Max.

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Well I can't think of any pro's to them either

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, guys, have you heard that Max might die in "Nevermore"?

message 12: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 31, 2012 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

If she does I'm going to hunt down James Patterson and request a different ending (it would probably be more like me forcing him to end it differently...)

If anyone dies it should be Dylan and Maya! Not Max anyone but Max and Fang...

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I agree with Erika. That kind of ending to a series would suck and I would probably no longer like it. If Maya and Dylan just "accidentally" were to die I would be most happy :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love them both!! Am I the only one?
Dylan can't help it, and Fang left. Don't get me wrong, I think Max and Fang should be together. It's just Dylan's not a bad guy. I think if he could he would stay out of the whole situation.

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma dylan should just go die in a hole. that or run off with maya. he's a good person, but he just ruined everything with max and fang! well i guess fang did too, but TEAM FANG FOREVER!!!!!! also, dylan loves max because she is his perfect other half, but maya is basically the exact same person. DYLAN AND MAYA BETTER RUN AWAY TOGETHER, AND FANG BETTER SEE WHAT HE HAS DONE TO HIMSELF AND MAX AND THEN COME BACK FOR MAX!!!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by kayla (new) - added it

kayla  (kaylacaylen) I vote Team Dylan,Fang always left the Flock gosh if it is true that she stays with Fang how do we know if he's not just gonna run away again?

message 17: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayla wrote: "I vote Team Dylan,Fang always left the Flock gosh if it is true that she stays with Fang how do we know if he's not just gonna run away again?"

But maybe he'll learn his lesson? He had reasons for leaving the Flock even if the reasons aren't really good but he thought he was doing the right thing by leaving.

Kelly | 4 comments I have mixed feelings about the both of them. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like how James Patterson just dropped Dylan into the story and destroyed the relationship between Max and Fang. I also don't like how Fang just got up and left. Here are my humble thoughts on the characters...

Dylan: Although Dylan is new to the series and being a bird-kid, he never had a say in what he wanted. He was programmed from the beginning to be Max's "other half". In the beginning, Max completely hated the guy (and for good reason) but as his character developed and they learned more about each other, they began to get a soft spot for each other. Since joining Max's flock, he has always been there to be by Max's side and has yet to leave (though I am not completely sure if it is because he truly doesn't want to or because of the programming "issue"). He is a good guy who got messed into the wrong thing.

Fang: Even though I want to, I can't say that Fang has always been there for Max. Although he has been there a lot longer than Dylan has, he left Max with only a sad note (that was extremely sad!). On the other hand, he did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. Fang knows the flock because he has been there with them for so long. In some ways, he is Max's "other half" too. He is a good guy as well, but just makes bad decisions for the relationship.

However, in the end, there are pros and cons for both sides, but I will probably always be a Max and Fang fan, so it would be wonderful if James Patterson put those two back together. :)

message 19: by Mini (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini I think dylan is a very irritating person he's all perfect and i dont like those kind of people and i hate him more coz he's trying to take FANG'S place !!!!!
max and fang together rock !!!!!!!!!

message 20: by ReadersReligion (new)

ReadersReligion | 45 comments I like Dylan. He wasn't Fang, and didn't have that bond with Max, that Fang did, but I still liked him.

message 21: by ReadersReligion (new)

ReadersReligion | 45 comments I like Dylan. He wasn't Fang, and didn't have that bond with Max, that Fang did, but I still liked him.

message 22: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat | 1553 comments Mod
Dylan is ok. I felt sad for him a little because the circumstances he was in were a little messed up. I always liked Fang (personal preference of course), like a lot. Maya dies anyway, so that's good (I never liked her). It's just that Fang and Max together is just how it should be. I thought that Nevermore was the last book in the series and I thought it had a very satisfying ending, though I was sad because I read the series through a course of two years (and I don't like saying goodbye to characters I'm so emotionally invested in which basically happens at the end of long series', who does?). Anyway I'm reading Maximum Ride: Forever, and I'm really wondering what's going to happen in it because it is meant to be the real last one.

Kylie (booksbykylie) I didn't know people actually liked Max and Dylan!?! I love Max and Fang together. They both have a cynical, sarcastic side to them, however they are both very nurturing when they need to be. I do feel bad for Dylan and everything he has to go through, but I never liked him with Max. She couldn't be herself around him- not truly. Fang took a couple books to grow on me the first time I read the series. When I reread, I loved him from the beginning. I miss this kick-butt series and some of the greatest characters I have ever read about.

message 24: by Elm (new)

Elm Yeah, Dylan was an alright person, but NOT with Max. Max and Fang all the way, for me. Fang WASN'T perfect, and I liked that about him; it was clearly shown he had flaws.