The Ring of Solomon (Bartimaeus, #0.5) The Ring of Solomon discussion

What should be next?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Keerthana During the Czech war perhaps. But I would love to know more about his time with Ptolemy. :)

Morgane PTOLEMY'S GATE SPOILER - When I read the first chapter of Ptolemy's Gate, I had a litterary orgasm. I love that there were tales of Bart's time in Egypt, and parallels between his two young masters. But Jonathan said he had told everything os importance for this story line. So I guess I'd like to read about Bart's time after Ptolemy, see his evolution from Ring of Solomon ; the Prague wars sound good. Or in the future, how the world changed, and him seeing Kitty again (under Nat's appearance? - I would so die).

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

More about just bart

Rachel Jackson Michaela wrote: "Yeah, I'd really like something after the Trilogy, instead of before :)"

Yes me too! But I wouldn't mind before like more on his times with Ptolemy or something after that. But if we have after we'll get to see Nathaniel's effect on Bartimaeus and even kitty!

BookWyrme I would love to see more with ptolomy but bart mentions so many master maybe short stories of those?

Rachel Jackson Michaela wrote: "Yeah, a bunch of short stories would be awesome :) I know that Jonathan Stroud originally intended to write a book of short stories, but The Ring of Solomon story grew, so he just made one book of ..."

Well I loved Ring of Solomon so no regrets there. I just wish he writes more! I just got the Amulet Of Samarkand graphic novel!!! So exited.:)
Hey did you check out Jonathan Stroud's new series Lockwood & Co.?

message 7: by BookWyrme (last edited Apr 27, 2013 07:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

BookWyrme Rachel wrote: "Michaela wrote: "Yeah, a bunch of short stories would be awesome :) I know that Jonathan Stroud originally intended to write a book of short stories, but The Ring of Solomon story grew, so he just ..."

Cool for you i just read the falcon quinn series, awsome series im gona comment on it now you should read it

Nadira Syahidah I've asked Jonathan on twitter, I asked him to write another story about Bartimaeus, and he replied that someday he will do it! :D

Rachel Jackson Nadira wrote: "I've asked Jonathan on twitter, I asked him to write another story about Bartimaeus, and he replied that someday he will do it! :D"

Omg Yayayayay!:D but I wish that some day comes sooner:/

Nadira Syahidah Yeah I hope too. I really miss Bartimaeus so much:(

Rachel Jackson Yeahhh! Its such a brilliantly written, witty and underrated series.