What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Entombed (Alexandra Cooper, #7)
This topic is about Entombed
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED - modern day murder mystery possibly with the word Poe in the title[s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (last edited Feb 14, 2012 11:37AM) (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments I'm trying to find a book I read over 3 or 4 years ago that was a murder mystery. I believe the title had the word "Poe" in it. The lead protagonist was a female character who was a prosecutor or detective or similar. It takes place in modern times but at historical places related to Edgar Allen Poe. I remember part where she is walking down a hall with statues or busts on either side and I also think (view spoiler) Anyone heard of or read something like this? I'd love to read it again. Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 37 comments It could be THE POET by Michael Connelly. The main character is a male newspaper reporter but there is also detective named Rachel Walling in it. Here's the description from Amazon:

Death is reporter Jack McEvoy's beat: his calling, his obsession. But this time, death brings McEvoy the story he never wanted to write--and the mystery he desperately needs to solve. A serial killer of unprecedented savagery and cunning is at large. His targets: homicide cops, each haunted by a murder case he couldn't crack. The killer's calling card: a quotation from the works of Edgar Allen Poe. His latest victim is McEvoy's own brother. And his last...may be McEvoy himself.

message 3: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments ounds interesting, but that's not it. I posted the same request on another board and got my answer : Entombed by Linda Fairstein. Tried to figure out last night how to mark as solved but haven't gotten it done yet. I did get the book addedto the group bookshelf, I guess I just move my post now?