The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Trying to find a book without knowing author or title

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (last edited Feb 14, 2012 11:58AM) (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments I'm trying to find a book I read over 3 or 4 years ago that was a murder mystery. I believe the title had the word "Poe" in it. The lead protagonist was a female character who was a prosecutor or detective or similar. It takes place in modern times but at historical places related to Edgar Allen Poe. I remember part where she is walking down a hall with statues or busts on either side and I also think (view spoiler) Anyone heard of or read something like this? I'd love to read it again. Thanks for any help!

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 407 comments It could be Entombed by Linda Fairstein. It's one of the better Alex Cooper books.

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Hi Kelsey,

You can also post this question in the Goodreads group What's the Name of that Book!!!!

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 4: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments Entombed is it! I did post to "what's the name of that book " as well. Thank you

message 5: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35300 comments It sounded to me like one of the Laura Lippman books, but I don't recall which one was Poe related.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 187 comments Sorry, but I have to put a comment in these unused topics as far as I can figure out to remove them from my unread topics listing on my app. Have managed to delete them on the website but they are still unread from the app point of view. Sorry for being such a pain but no other help forthcoming in terms of getting rid of them. Katherine

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Entombed (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Linda Fairstein (other topics)
Laura Lippman (other topics)