Scriptopia discussion

Questions & Suggestions > Anyone Planning on Participating In Script Frenzy?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline I might but i dont know if i would get very far. anyone else?

message 2: by Kenzie (last edited Dec 15, 2008 12:20PM) (new)

Kenzie Kenzie: I dunno if I'm even going to do it next year.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) wait, what?

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline what what? or um ... should i say what are you asking?

message 5: by Kenzie (last edited Dec 15, 2008 12:20PM) (new)

Kenzie Kenzie: About NaNo script frenzy? Right?

message 6: by Madeline (new)

Madeline that is what i was asking yes but i dont understand michelle's question. i dont know what she is asking

message 7: by Kenzie (last edited Dec 15, 2008 12:20PM) (new)

Kenzie Kenzie: I don't think she knew you were talking about NaNo. I wouldn't either if I hadn't done it this year, and heard everyone talk about script frenzy.

message 8: by Madeline (new)

Madeline yea i heard about script frenzy when i heard about Nanowrimo in October. she'll figure it out lol

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Well, do not even know how to write a script in the first place, and have never written one before, so no.

*goes to find out how to properly write script*

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ive written a play before, it was horrible. does that count??

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) I dunno... I'm thinking about it.

message 12: by Veronica (last edited Dec 05, 2008 12:45PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Looks like I AM going to be writing a script, but not in April. We are making a comody of Romeo and Juliette. :D

We are doing it in creative writinc club, by the way. That is where the 'we' comes from.

message 13: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell Oh. My friends and I wrote a new version of R&J. We practice at lunch, and it's SOOO FUN! We started in sixth grade, LOL. I play Juliet, Lord Capulet, and Juliet's twin sister Rosaline who thinks she's a boy. ((We added that last charrie, LOL))

message 14: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Sella: *gasps because everyone is not talking in Script format* I dunno if I will, maybe, I just have to learn how to write in Script format first, properly! lol. *laughs*

message 15: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) Seth: Err I think that we should ALL try to do it ;D I haven't wrote a script, like, ever! so this will be new 4 me . . .

message 16: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Me: I did.... Once... For English..... *laughs*

message 17: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Kenzie: OH MY GOSH! You're right, Sella. Must go fix. *goes and fixes previous posts*

message 18: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell Luna: ???

message 19: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Kenzie: Kenzie forgot to talk in script format. *blushes* Kenzie's bad.

message 20: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: *looks around* Wow ive never been in here..Its nice! *takes deep breath* Smells like peaches..

message 21: by Morgan (last edited Dec 20, 2008 03:35PM) (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Me: Really? *takes deep breath* Mmmmm...... It does....... I wonder what the other topics smell like?

message 22: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: cream! *laughs like a high person at that bad joke*

message 23: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: by the way i am decided pn doing script frenzy! hope i dont change my mind! lol

message 24: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Me: YAY! I think I will....... The script won't end up making ANY sence, but hey. *shrugs*

message 25: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell Luna: What is Script Frenzy, anyway?

message 26: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: i have not actually read the guidelines yet but here is the link to the web site:

http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

message 27: by Madeline (last edited Dec 22, 2008 02:35PM) (new)

Madeline Me: ok here is the explaination given. hee hee funny

Script Frenzy site: Script Frenzy is an international writing event in which participants attempt the daring feat of writing 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As part of a donation-funded nonprofit, Script Frenzy charges no fee to participate; there are also no valuable prizes awarded or "best" scripts singled out. Every writer who completes the goal of 100 pages is victorious and awe-inspiring and will receive a handsome Script Frenzy Winner's Certificate and web icon proclaiming this fact.

Even those who fall short of the word goal will be applauded for making a heroic attempt. Really, you have nothing to lose—except that nagging feeling that there's a script inside you that may never get out.

The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy

1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
2) You may write individually or in teams of two. Writer teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
3) Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.

message 28: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Sounds awesome!!!

message 29: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Its kinda like Nano except with scripts! i really wanted to do Nano this year but i didnt :( Next year deffinitely!

message 30: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: yea i will do it i just have get through my second nano which i am doing in January with my cus first
you wanna do it with us?? you are welcome to if you want. there wont be any winner goodies but if you make it i will email you the winner certificate that i got in November.
so what do ya say?

message 31: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: Sorry i forgot to talk in script! Omg that would be awesome!!!! It starts Jan 1st?

message 32: by Madeline (last edited Dec 23, 2008 03:14PM) (new)

Madeline me: yup and it will be just the three of us! lol
you me and my couisn who is my friend Laura on goodreads. if this changes i will let you know. Laura is in college so her schedule is a little crazy but if she sticks to her current choice then yea January 1st!

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MISSED IT IS WELCOME TO JOIN IN!!!!!!!!!!1

message 33: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell Luna: Wait, missed what? And Script Frenzy sounds AWESOME!!!

message 34: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: missed Nanowrimo November. yes it does sound awesome

message 35: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell Luna; Ya

message 36: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: OMGIZZLE jan 1st is like..soon!!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) mimi: i know, its so sad...

message 38: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: So Mimi i already has an idea for the make up Nano!! Im writing a short story tto try and get the characters personalities down, im super exited!!
XD

message 39: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) mimi: wiat, what?? me? *thinks* *finally gets it* ooh, awesomeness!! whats the idea??

message 40: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: *speaking to Mimi Michelle and all others in this room place thingy* ITs this sci-fi/ action thingy where this girls dad is conducting expeiments with human test subjects!! And she has to stop him! Thats really vauge, but its really cool. Not awake enuf for a real description right now. :P

message 41: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: cool Chandani! *smiles* i am doing a mafia type story. this chick is out for revenge and her brother is part of the gang but she thinks he's dead. there shall be much death and much more action MWAHAHAHAHA *spreads arms out and tilts head back to sky*

message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Chandani: COOLNESS!! But i also just got this other idea...which can be extended a bit more than the other one....and i already have a name....i will sleep on this... *writes ideas on index cards and places them on bed* GNITE!

message 43: by Madeline (new)

Madeline me: ok there is no way that i am not doing script frenzy! i am so excited for it. but right now i am more excited for the make up nanowrimo!! wahoo!!!! *jumps up and down*does Rocky moves*

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Kassy: Script Frenzy sounds awesome! I want to do it but I don't know if I can! :(

message 45: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Roni:I don't think that I will do it... I mean, writing a sript in CWC is probably enough.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Kassy: Yeah. I kind of can't go to the meetings until the beginning of February. So...when I come back, I will probably be TOTALLY lost!!

message 47: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Roni:*shrugs* We'll explain it to you. Right now we are watching Noises Off.

message 48: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Me: *sings a lonely song*

message 49: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Roni:*Adds strange humming sound into the lonely song and creates an interesting, hopeful harmony.*