Chicks On Lit discussion

A Suggestion to Consider for January

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Dec 01, 2008 04:16PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) The 13th Tale is our group read nom for January. The voting was close, Eat Pray Love came in behind as a close second.

I've got the 13th Tale and planning to read it but I'm itching to read Eat Pray Love again and discuss it!

How many of you would be interested in reading Eat Pray Love as well as the 13th Tale (or instead of waiting we could start now?)?

I do believe I nominated it originally but even if I didn't, I'd be willing to lead the read!

message 2: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I would say to start a discussion on the book. I know many have read it already and would be able to comment on it. I wouldn't suggest offering it as a replacement to January's read since that is the whole point of the nominating and voting process but certainly those interested in reading it and discussing it have an open forum on CoL to do that.
There have been a few books that I read on my own that I came back here to discuss with others who have read it and had a really good discussion with them.
Anyone at anytime should feel start a discussion about a book that others can talk about. Remember to put spoilers if you are discussing content and I bet you will get few women who have read it or want to that would join in the discussion. No need to wait till January to do that if you've already read it.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Great Tera! I'll start a discussion thread for it then!

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli Perfect idea.....I would love to take part in that discussion Jo. I really liked Eat Pray Love!! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Awesome Holli! (Dating myself & channeling the 80's again - lol!)

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I've been using awesome lately too..... hey the 80's are back again aren't they? It should be ok to throw a little "awesome" or "totally rad" or something like that into conversation now right?? LOL

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Hey Jo - it's not dating yourself to say awesome anymore. It's back! My 17 y.o. says it all the time.

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Hahaha...I never stopped saying it! :)

Jo, I'll join your discussion. I loved that book.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Tera, I just saw why you said "I wouldn't suggest offering it as a replacement to January's read since..." I didn't mean to do that, I re-read my post up there & saw that I didn't finish my sentence so I went in & did! Lol! (I'm so off right now!)

Krikey Laura, if it's made a come back that means I'm really old now! lol

Fantastic Hannah!

My only Q at this point is what "folder" to put the Eat Pray Love thread in?

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) TOTALLY RAD! OMG Holli, I'm laughing so hard right now!

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli How about "don't have a cow about it?" or "totally tubular" ;)

message 13: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Jo I would just stick it in the general discussion area. That seems to be where most book chatter goes that isnt about the Botm

message 14: by Thauna (new)

Thauna I love Eat Pray Love...I'd love to discuss it and maybe even reread parts of it.

message 15: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 553 comments I look forward to discussing this one with all of you because I seemed to have missed something since there are more likes than dislikes here. :/

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Thanks Ms. Tera! The General folder it is! I'll set it up as soon as I get back from breakfast.

The more the merrier!

I'm definately re-reading it while we discuss it!

Not to get into it too much in this thread but I think the dislikes of Eat Pray Love come from jealousy... I'll share the rest of my opinion when I start the thread!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I've started the "Eat Pray Love Discussion *spoilers* (For those who've read it or not!)" thread in the general folder up top. Join Us!

message 18: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) 1. I plan on reading Eat Pray Love next so I can take part in the discussion...

2. I never stopped saying Awesome! I love that word!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I probably didn't stop saying it either, it's just more obvious in print & seeing it gave me flash backs, lol!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) That's not something you hear everyday, "I quite like tubular." Love it!