Don Quixote Don Quixote discussion

The person like Don Quixote

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leaning-Good (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leaning-Good For this kind of person,like Don Quixote, who want to living in dream and try to do the best to the world, even it not bring any good thing to him

Sometime I can see some caractor like this in real person who still doing as thier belive or still belive in some good things, even it bring nothing to them just suffering life.

Diana I read this book when I was very young (17 years old) and I am very happy I did that at that age and not when I was 80 years old. This book gives you a different approach of what life should be. Life is part reality, part dreams. When we follow our dreams is when we are constructing our reality. The two things are connected. People might not understand our dreams sometimes, they might think we are crazy, but it is important to follow our heart. If things don't go the way we wanted, we learned a lot from that experience and move on to another learning experience. The topic of this book will never get old because it talks about human nature and that will never change.

Melissa I agree about seeing people with Don Quixote's charecteristics. Its a blessing and a curse to be able to ignore reality and go abotu livin in you own world. Although he means to hurt no one, he winds up getting himself as well as his laxy-daisy pal in to lot's of trouble. This is what makes for a good read.

message 4: by Maja (last edited Aug 26, 2011 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maja If "The person like Don Quixote" is a question, Only Fools and Horses is the answer! :))

Sule I also agree that the topic of the novel will never get old; it will always be universal. Written in the sixteenth century, the novel is quite rich in terms of themes and styles it adopts.

Leaning-Good Diana wrote: "I read this book when I was very young (17 years old) and I am very happy I did that at that age and not when I was 80 years old. This book gives you a different approach of what life should be. Li..."

I like your Comment, Diana.
:D

Emilio Mendez Yes this book does teach you a lot about beliefs and to pursue them despite what people think of you. Yes Don Quixote is perhaps insane, but yet at the same time hes rational beyond those around him. Also, I would argue that his beliefs didnt bring him suffering, but quite the opposite. He traveled through Spain and was well received by the Dukes and Duchesses and his imaginary position as a knight began to become real in a way. I think thats the true lesson of this book.

Gregory Diana wrote: "I read this book when I was very young (17 years old) and I am very happy I did that at that age and not when I was 80 years old. This book gives you a different approach of what life should be. Li..."

Hola, Diana... donde Argentina, penso... si?? Yo se Mafalda tambien...!!

Hi... I see you have read Don Quixote. I, too, love this book and I am re-reading it now... I read it because I believe it to be one of the most important discussions about love, in all its forms. But, especially Romantic love. Don Quixote is a fool, but one who carries himself with such dignity; he is crazy, but his ideals are impeccable; he is old, but his heart is young; he is naive, but he is so noble... all of these things are part of our humanity, and we learn as we become wiser, to abandon some of our hopes, some of our ideals, in favour of more realistic goals - but not so Don Quixote... and that is why this book is so important to our understanding of humanity...

Gregory Yes - such a wonderful character, how can one not love Don Quixote... come to think of it, I am sure Charlie Chaplain may have had Don Quixote in mind when he wrote "The Little Tramp" - the character has such great hopes, but is continually thwarted, despite his best efforts... and he, like Quixote, never gives up...

message 10: by Maia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maia Its wonderful, even though Don Quixote doesnt see things realistically or exactly as they are he knows how it should be and he treats people the way the deserve, he defends good vigorously. If only there were more like him...