Nothing is Taboo discussion

Abortion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Redman (last edited Nov 28, 2008 01:49PM) (new)

Redman | 55 comments Mod
Do you think abortion is right or wrong? I have a friend who has a daughter who had three abortions this year. I hear a lot of women are even taking something called the morning after pill. What do you think? Do you think it is right or wrong or that it is the women's body and she can do whatever she chooses to do to herself and an unborn child?
Opinions please.

message 2: by Brad (new)

Brad (wwwgoodreadscomblue) Yeah. Why not? It's the womens body.

message 3: by Diva (new)

Diva (divalong) | 44 comments Mod
My Body, my choice!
Holla!

message 4: by Lil (new)

Lil (lilmar) | 28 comments I respectfully disagree.

I have very strong feelings about this. I have a cousin who had 6 abortions in one year as birth control when we were teenagers and if my mother had gone through with what she planned to, I would not be here and neither would my three kids, or my granddaughter.

I may never change the world, but one of them might. What if the person who finds the cure for AIDS were never to be born? What would happen then? Think of the hundreds or thousands of people affected by the loss of one life meant to be in this world. People take the attitude "oh, it's not alive until such and such a date" it's ok to kill it. Each child born into this world has a purpose, a reason God allowed them to be born. I won't even touch the so-called "partial-birth" abortions.

I waver, however, when it comes to cases of rape or incest. The child did nothing wrong to anyone, but the mother did not choose to become pregnant, it was forced on her, so that is a bit harder for me to say no to.

message 5: by Brad (new)

Brad (wwwgoodreadscomblue) Lil Stop... You wrote, "I had a cousin who had 6 abortions". Your are missing the key word. YOUR COUSIN. That is your cousin... It is not you!

message 6: by Lil (last edited Dec 09, 2008 10:13PM) (new)

Lil (lilmar) | 28 comments Brad wrote: "Lil Stop... You wrote, "I had a cousin who had 6 abortions". Your are missing the key word. YOUR COUSIN. That is your cousin... It is not you!

"

Nope, it is not me. Or rather was not. I did not miss anything. But I did know about it, and I knew she was reckless and didn't use birth control on purpose because she told me so and bragged about it, like it was a badge of honor! Her parents didn't know she was even sexually active!

In any case, that was not the point, it was merely an experience I knew about. My point was that had I been aborted as my mother wanted to do, then I'd not be here for you to argue with now would I?

message 7: by Brad (new)

Brad (wwwgoodreadscomblue) IF IF IF...

message 8: by Donneil D. (new)

Donneil D. Jackson (donneil) | 13 comments I believe in Abortion and I will support a woman's right to choose. I do not agree with women using abortions as a form of birth control. I know people who have done this. Despite how I feel, at the end of the day, I am not going to support their baby. So that woman has to do whats best for her.

I do believe people should take the neccessary precautions as to not getting pregnant in the first place.

message 9: by Brad (new)

Brad (wwwgoodreadscomblue) I agree with you 100%

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (LoveMyFrogs) | 35 comments Although I personally feel it is wrong, I feel as though it is every woman's right to choose what is right for her in any given situation. They and they alone have to deal with the aftermath of it. Prevention is a must. In cases of rape and/or incest, where it wasn't a woman's choice to have sex. I feel again, it's her choice to follow her conscience.

Jiaka1981 Winfield | 42 comments I had an abortion when i was 19. My boyfriend still lived at home with his parents and they didn't know he was sexually active. We we both in school and we decided it was best. It was the hardest thing i've ever done, I could never do it again, or recomend anyone else to do it, but i made a choice and i feel everyone needs to make thier own choices.

message 12: by Redman (new)

Redman | 55 comments Mod
Thank you for your honesty. This could help a lot of people by your honesty.

message 13: by Ash (new)

Ash (bundleofmaybes) | 4 comments I'm pro-choice, I don't think the government (in its current state) should be telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. Abortion should be made safer, though, and not allowed once the baby is conscious.