PNR/UF Addicts & Newbies discussion

Comments (showing 1-50 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Jan 31, 2012 10:26AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Feel free to chat about anything here!

message 2: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Jan 31, 2012 10:33AM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 2112 comments Good idea, Shera :) A few of us (me, specifically) tend to get off topic in the game threads. LOL! Just can't help it sometimes ;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think most of us there Jessa. :)

message 4: by iyagi (new)

iyagi Same here. I get off topic all the time!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Another one to our very long list, lol. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Good morning, (my time) to everyone!!!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Morning.

Don't feel bad ladies, I'm probably one of the worst ones here for topic jumping.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2012 05:48AM) (new)

And you are the mod! :) I guess I feel better, then, Shera.

Btw, hello Shera!

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan hey guys - ok - off topic
Know anybody who wants a BLACK LAB PUPPY? AKC reg. and adorable! (of course!)
our female got herself in trouble (ha)
I thought I had her separated in time.... NOT!
They'll be available March 15 - hubby wants to get $100 ea.
HELP!!!!

LOL

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (innocent_sweetiepie) | 506 comments lol oh i would love one but we already have three dogs two cats and one puppy. :( sorry really wish i could help ya

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) Not much going on in here :P

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

Have you guys seen this? CHEAP books but they're INTERACTIVE !?

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Those are really cool Susan.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments ♦Elomari wrote: "And you are the mod! :) I guess I feel better, then, Shera.

Btw, hello Shera!"

Why hello Elomari. I feel kind of bad, now that we have a chat thread we're not really chatting!!

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) We can always start to chat ;) I'm about to go to school now. I really don't want to! :P

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Oh, I've got the holiday off! It's so nice to have a 3 day weekend.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 2112 comments Goof off some for me, Shera ;) I work in healthcare so if the holiday falls on our schedule day to work then we gotta work. No holidays for us!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky you Shera. I am working now. :(

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww Jessa, that sucks.

message 20: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) Well it wasn't that hard. 1½ hour and I were off! And tomorrow too. Can't really complain about that :P

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I have a few more hours to endure at work.

message 22: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) Hopefully they'll pass quickly

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Irene. I sure hope so. =)

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan This thing got me 100% right.

Be sure to answer honestly though.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/spl3/ameri...

interesting - I live in ARKANSAS and have lived in GEORGIA - but it says I'm more Minnesota?!?! LOL

message 25: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) Susan - Haha :D That was fun! It says I'm Inland North. (I'm not American)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Your Result: The Midland

So wrong, I'm the west!! Personally I don't think we have much of an accent out here.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments I really wonder how accurate these kind of things are.

message 28: by Irene (new)

Irene (Raenne) Shera - Not very accurate x) Haha, well I live in a small country, but we have a lot of accents. I'm so bad/good at it (depending on how you look at it), I pick up every accent whenever I'm near people with another accent than me xD

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Know what you mean. When I hang around the people I pick up the lingo. Which really drives some people insane, they think I'm mocking them.

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan http://media.nmfn.com/tnetwork/lifespan/

THIS WAS FUN!!

and an interesting test - mine came out 2 diff ways...
77 and 85 (fudged a little on #2)

you can cheat and improve your odds - but honest answers can also HELP you get an idea of what to do to live longer...?

message 31: by Susan (new)

Susan Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I really wonder how accurate these kind of things are."

I like to think I don't TWANG or sound hicky - so I was kinda glad mine wasn't right - or maybe it was????

message 32: by Susan (new)

Susan Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Know what you mean. When I hang around the people I pick up the lingo. Which really drives some people insane, they think I'm mocking them."

MEEE TOO ! especially if it's British or Australian!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments I can not to Aussie, it's the one that I can never do even if I try. Brit yes.

If other people twang, I start to twang to.

message 34: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Mar 31, 2012 05:29PM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I did that and The Midland came out a smidge ahead of Northeast and I'm Northeast (born in OH now living in NC). And yes, I call carbonated beverages 'pop'.

The Lifespan one has me at 90 yrs. Funny, I had my cards read when I was in my 20s and she said I'd live to be in my 90s. LOL

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Ooooo, that's spooky!!

message 36: by Dee (new)

Dee (Phonebooklady) It seems I am going to live to be 80 and I am from Wisconsin...LOL.

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Funny thing is I don't call it "pop". I do however call a water fountain a "bubbler". LOL.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Ooooo, that's spooky!!"

Oh, that's nothing. The things she told me that actually came true are mind-blowing.

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Grey (Goddess_of_Cat_Summoning) | 36 comments What did she say that came true, Carol? I've seen a few psychics / card readers and the like, and some things I've been told, downright freaked me out. Not predictions as such though, more stuff they CANNOT have known, weird random stuff.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Yes, I'm curious what she said as well.

I've always wanted mine read.

message 40: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Mar 31, 2012 07:41PM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) She said I was going on vacation to a warm place and I would fly, crossing a lot of water. I was a bartender with no money, so I rolled my eyes at that one. A few months later a friend was looking for a traveling partner to go to Cancun and was willing to pay. Yep, I went.

She said I would be married twice (I was divorced and semi-serious about a guy), but I hadn't met my 2nd husband yet. She said I would meet him in January or June, no year specified. I met my now-husband in June almost a year after she told me.

She said he'd have brown hair and blue eyes. Correct.

She said I'd be happy and my marriage would last. So far, so good (almost 16 yrs and counting).

She said I would have 6 children. I've given birth 4 times and lost 2. At the time she told me I had 1 son and 1 loss.

She said I would never be rich, but would have the money needed when needed. Yep. It seems whenever something comes up, we get an unexpected windfall.

She said I would live in the Carolinas or California, she wasn't sure which. I looked at her like she was crazy. I never had any intention of ever moving away from all my family in Ohio yet here I am in North Carolina.

She said (referring to my stepkids) the boy would stay with his mother, but the girl would live with us. This one didn't pan out though my stepdaughter almost moved in with us during high school (her bitch mom guilted her into staying with her even though it wasn't in her best interests and she ended up not finishing high school) and then when she was 19 she lived with us for a few months. Her brother stayed with their mom.

She said I'd live to be in my 90s. I'm 44, so it's so far, so good.

She said I'd have some minor problems with fibroids, but nothing to worry about. Hasn't happened yet.

Those are the ones I can remember. Freaky, huh?

message 41: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Grey (Goddess_of_Cat_Summoning) | 36 comments Wow, freaky, much! Was this a card / tarot reading? Palm? Or just a general chat?

I had one reading where the lady talked about someone close to me having terrible scarring on his leg. My brother has a metal plate in his leg following a motorbike accident many years earlier.

She told me she could see my husband sat at home, hunched over as if in pain. When I'd left him earlier that evening, he'd been suffering terrible toothache.

She also told me she could see a pram in our house at Christmas. Well I laughed at that one. I was mid 30's with NO PLANS for kids, no way! We went out and got a kitten at christmas instead. Then a couple of years later, we have a baby, born on the 10th December. Yup, she got that right too.

message 42: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Mar 31, 2012 07:58PM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) That's freaky too, Jane.

It was a tarot reading though she also did palms.

I should have mine done again. Though I have no idea where that lady is now and besides I had that done in Ohio almost 20 yrs ago.

There's someone in town who reads cards. I wonder how good she is. I believe the people who actually see stuff is a small percentage compared to those who say they see things. But it's fun to have done.

message 43: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Grey (Goddess_of_Cat_Summoning) | 36 comments One of the freakiest readings was an off the cuff one, when i was wasting some time browsing tarot cards in a little gift shop.
She told me that you can handle dozens of tarot decks, but you will know when you find the right one for you, as it will show you pictures. I handled a couple, ‘felt’ nothing, and she took me into the back room where she does professional readings (£35 a go!). She took an old (native American Indian style) deck, asked me to shuffle it, and ask a question… I asked “will I ever find the right tarot deck for me?”

As son as I laid the first card (a squaw peeping out of a wigwam), she answered, “not until you learn to leave your mother – you need to grow up. You are not old enough yet.” I was surprised, but continued with a second card.
This had knifes / daggers on it, and she mused a moment. “There is conflict with someone, not your mother, maybe a partner. It is petty and trivial, over silly things, but it is allowed to get out of hand.” This was uncomfortably close to the truth, so I continued with the third card.
This was an Indian warrior and she announced, “you are fighting with your partner. He treats you like a child, and that is how you behave.” Now I was staggered, this was so accurate. She carried on, telling me that he is happy if I am doing what he wants, but if I want something else, he will say “f**k you” and carry on with what he is doing. He can be cold and moody. He needs a partner, not a child for a wife, and I need to grow up and behave like his partner.

My mind was reeling, and I was partly relived when someone else came into the shop and she had to go serve him or her. Taking her advice, I didn’t buy a tarot deck - after all, I need to do some growing up first!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) That is freaky!

message 45: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Hi! I want to make a lasting impression soo....

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ARRRGHH!!!

message 46: by Susan (new)

Susan Hubby sent this to me with Please! NO!

( hubby has a bum leg so the picture was even FUNNIER when I opened!)

[image error]

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

i need to by this book shelly t it sounds terrific

message 48: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (PirateGhost) *ARK* wrote: "Hubby sent this to me with Please! NO!

( hubby has a bum leg so the picture was even FUNNIER when I opened!)

"

Three words... O .... M.....G....!

(that's funny)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments UM, wow!

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 7 comments can somesone please tell me how to change my proffle picture on here? Not trying to change the subject but i really want to know

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread