twilight lovers! discussion

Welcome/New > New here.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 211 comments Hi guys!

i hate twilight- but my friends gunna start reading it and i m giving it a second try!
so i am gunna be part of this group so i am maybe seeing good sides of the book- so durring my reading time i am not an evil monster plotting to kill meyer- well hopfuly not cant make promises anyways.

well i've read almost all of the first book and i guess i should give it a second try. and too sumup the above: i hope my being in a group of tons of people who are like "OMG! best book evaaa who wouldnt like marring a dude with no body heat" will make me more open minded durring my reading time...

boy i am being optimistic, and overly sarcastic.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose  | 35 comments lol...
Well, welcome to the group =)
I'm not exactly as obsessed over the books as some people in the group seem to be... and I've only gotten a chance to read the first one - none of the others, yet. But I do really like the book and think it was well written and is a cool story.
You should definitely give it a second try - but i won't get mad at you if you, after re-reading it, decide that you still don't like it.

message 3: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 326 comments i read all the books. i'm not obsessed (at least i dont think i am :) lol) i really liked the movie though...soooo....i hope you like the books...

message 4: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie | 3 comments althought i love the book...i really like your sarcasm! enjoy the second try!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Remember when you wrote this Sarah? It's like seeing your past o.O

message 6: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Dude... That's a long time ago. Don't mind seeing the past though!

message 7: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) Hi! I just joined. I hate Twilight, don't you? Aren't they honestly the worst books you've ever read? Not to mention that most people are just soooooo OBSESSED with them just because everyone else is.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

*Tsk tsk* There you go, generalizing all of us, to fit your preachy stereo type of anyone that differs in opinion of you. That's callow.

To each his own, I don't judge you for disliking twilight, so what gives you the right to judge all of us?

message 9: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (last edited Jul 13, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) But you ARE judging me. Remember, I 'generalize' people, to fit my 'preachy stereotype' and I'm being 'callow.' That sounds like passing judgement to me. I'm just stating my opinion like you were.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

By god, your right! :O

I have no right to judge you. So you obviously can tell when someone is being judgy, so you must know that you presented some of those "symptoms". Yet you continue to take a high horse?

message 11: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) I don't know about being on a 'high horse', but I'll take the high road and stop shooting insults at people I don't know.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Generalization, and calling people mentally instable is not an insult? o.O

message 13: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) Well, I've stopped hurling insults.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, thats my quirk, someone pokes me, I punch them. I'm very harsh with retalliation. Sorry.

message 15: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) No need to apologize. Anyway, I've decided to leave the group to avoid further conflict, because people do have their own opinions, no matter irrational they may seem to me.

message 16: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Although Alyssa, I will have to disagee with you, Melzz, I think she's talking to the haters. She's not generalizing anyone.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

BookGeek wrote: "Although Alyssa, I will have to disagee with you, Melzz, I think she's talking to the haters. She's not generalizing anyone. "

No, she is one of them, she said it herself, and she was talking about lovers.

Oh well, it's nice to know she doesn't like conflict.

message 18: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Well, it's also nice that we have a little variety in the lovers group!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I wonder where Sarah Jean and Grace went???

*Looks around* *Finds no one* :(

message 20: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
*Alyssa* wrote: "Hi! I just joined. I hate Twilight, don't you? Aren't they honestly the worst books you've ever read? Not to mention that most people are just soooooo OBSESSED with them just because everyone else ..."

It is great to have variety in here but it would be nice if more mature Haters joined!!! It always sucks when someone starts out with a negative attitude....

message 21: by Amiee (new)

Amiee | 37 comments hey everybody

message 22: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Hey Amiee

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yo. I seek Amiee!

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ldyykelkel) | 6 comments heyy, I just joined this group cuz I just saw it. Anyways, I've read all the Twilight books and I love it! But I promise I'm not addicted lol :P I thought that the movie was alright..just saying, not really the best.

message 25: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Agree to all you said Kelly. Don't worry, I'm not addicted to Twilight either! :) Welcome to our crazy group!

message 26: by TK (new)

TK (talbiedoodle) Hi everyone! My name is Talbie and I am a HUGE twilight fan!!!!! I'v read the books 25 times and I still read them!!

message 27: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Dang girl!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome All! Report to the assembly. Just Kidding. ;)

message 29: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Which assembly?

message 30: by TK (new)

TK (talbiedoodle) Melzz wrote: "Welcome All! Report to the assembly. Just Kidding. ;)"

What are you talking about? was that a joke? it wasn't a very good one.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Melzz wrote: "Welcome All! Report to the assembly. Just Kidding. ;)"

That wasn't good whatever was meant!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Talbie wrote: "What are you talking about? was that a joke? it wasn't a very good one."

Stop attacking me! I can be rude sometimes but that doesn't warrant constant verbal abuse.

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ldyykelkel) | 6 comments BookGeek said "Agree to all you said Kelly. Don't worry, I'm not addicted to Twilight either! :) Welcome to our crazy group! "

thanks lol :P

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Crazy awesome as BookGeek said once. :D

message 35: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ldyykelkel) | 6 comments lol yepp :]

message 36: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Crazy AESOMNESS! You're never going to find a friendlier Twilight group than here! :D

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

And we keep the evil haters at bay.

message 38: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Exactly, we shoot guns in the distance to scare them off.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

And we use are superb debate skills!

message 40: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Yep!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and welcome :D

message 42: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ldyykelkel) | 6 comments thankx =] if that was to me if it isn't then oh well still thankx lmfao :P

message 43: by Joy (new)

Joy (thedragonlily) | 39 comments Hello, I'm Joy, a publisher, and I'm fascinated by Twilight even though it's nothing like the kinds of books I usually like to read. Books and movies (including the next trailer) all fascinate me. I'm going through the series for the 3rd time this year (now half way thru BREAKING DAWN) and decided to see what thoughts other people had about the story.

I think the reason they are so popular is because the people are so recognizable. "People" includes the fantasy characters. Impossible events are being handled in the way real people would handle them.

One thing I'll be looking for is to see what characters various people identify with, or relate to. For example, I relate to Jacob even though I don't identify with him.

message 44: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments Hey Joy! Welcome!
I think you're right about that. You do have the Rosalie's and the Emmett's and the Alice's. Even the Jacob's...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Joy! I relate to different aspects of different characters, because people (in reality or otherwise) have many layers, and different sides to them, as do I. I can relate to Rosalie's pigheadedness, because she's been through something that makes her that way, that is something I can understand. I can relate to Jacob's blunt honesty, because after a while, you realize that lying doesn't get you anywhere and it's important to show your true intentions from the get-go. Plus, if people hear your truth, they are more likely to listen. I can relate to Edward when I really want to brood over things, hehe. Another interesting thing is, how I don't relate to Bella, at all, I think I would be more enthusiastic at what I had and take more charge over my life, rather than let things happen to me. So in that sense, we are absolutely nothing alike. Which makes her a foggy lens when viewing into the twilight world, it's hard to see around her sometimes, and have my own opinions.

Anyway, Joy, hope to see you around the group more often!

message 46: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Welcome Joy!!

message 47: by Dameon (new)

Dameon (emberrassed) Hello

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey.

message 49: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (BookN) | 781 comments HEY!

message 50: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ldyykelkel) | 6 comments welcome :]

« previous 1