The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > How to Promote Your Own Book or Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David | 1 comments Here is a site where you can post your own titles or your favorite books.

http://allthingspondered.com/forums

Under the heading: 'authors and books'

The search engine spiders are frequently visiting this forum.

-Dave

message 2: by Jodee (new)

Jodee (JodeeKulp) | 6 comments Four Gold Awards by Mom's Choice may make a difference in exsposing the realities of living with fetal alcohol. A tiny niche publishing, recognized for building a voice for the voiceless has been awarded 2009 Gold for Young Adult Fiction and Adult Fiction - debut novel The Whitest Wall, 2009 Gold for Young Contributing Author - The Best I Can Be and 2009 Gold - Adult Non-Fiction - The Long Way To Simple. The voices of the characters and actual persons with this invisible disability ring loud and clear.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10109 comments Mod
Hi Jodee
I see you are posting the proper place for your self promotion, however you are still breaking one of my golden rules, which is.... GET INVOLVED! Just posting in the Promote Your Stuff section isnt going to cut it. You are basically telling us that all you care about is getting word out there about your books.

If you want to make friends and not alienate us, please join in on the converations. We prefer things to be a two way street around here. Thanks

message 4: by Jodee (new)

Jodee (JodeeKulp) | 6 comments Cool I'd love to get involved - been reading posts for months and hadn't jumped in. But will join in - two way street it is - reading and writing and discussing it now is! Thanks for the opportunity to become friends

message 5: by Jodee (new)

Jodee (JodeeKulp) | 6 comments Looking to promote your books - here are some of the ideas I use to make a difference to get the word out
1. Speaking and workshops for non-profits and teachers
2. Donate a case of books to highschools and spend an hour with the students discussing your books or allow interviews on speaker phones
3. Blogs, websites, discusssion groups.

message 6: by Roy (new)

Roy (mplwdscribe) | 6 comments Among the excellent book fan/promotion sites I've found in my searches are AuthorsDen.com, RedRoom.com, LibraryThing.com, and Shelfari.com. Those looking for feedback may find WritersCafe.org to their liking as well. Happy reading, writing and promoting.