Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Introduction/Commiseration

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Lara Hello fellow bookies!

I live in a tiny 100 year old duplex, have as many bookshelves as I can fit, and they are overflowing!

Thanks to GoodReads, I can now catalog my addiction. I have 379 books (not counting books in the basement and boxes that my mom stores for me), 325 of which are unread.

I tend to squirrel away "my" books and read library books. Stockpiling for the apocalypse, perhaps.

Nothing makes me lament my own mortality like all the books I've yet to read.

I have many quirks relating to books and reading, and am looking forward to hearing about all of yours!

message 2: by Seizure Romero (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Seizure Romero Hello--
I live in a rather wee mother-in-law apartment (knowing the sq. footage would probably be depressing). I have a futon, a coffee table, a chair, a radio/cd player, a wine rack (near, but not too close to the fireplace) and a thousand or so books. The cookbooks have started to take over one of my kitchen cabinets. I'm thinking about turning the bedroom into an office so I can sell books online again (gotta feed the habit, y'know).

A few years ago I closed my used bookshop. I have about 350 boxes of books in storage (about 30-35 of those boxes are my personal collection). Once I pull a few more shelves out of storage I'll be able to get a few more stacks off the floor, a few more boxes out of storage & get them up on the walls (the hallway has uncovered space-- must...cover...with...bookcases).

I should probably not disclose in a public forum that I have been known to buy a sparkly new first edition, put it on the shelf and read the copy I checked out from the library, but... I guess I just did. Hi, my name is Jon and I am a booktard.

If you're really worried about the apocalypse, stop by-- I'll send you away with a few (dozen) boxes. I'm actually comforted knowing I have a vast number of books I haven't read. Few things scare me like the idea that I could run out of reading material.

Nice to meetcha--