BOOK LOVERS! discussion

Introduce yourself!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 394) (394 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
Please Introduce yourself!!!

I'll start!

I speak fluent sarcasm, but I know when to pack it up and lock it into a suitcase when needed... most of the time. Some people call me wierd, I just smile and say thanks.

I love to read and I am constantly reading... I enjoy reading books that irritate my friends because once I start, there has to be a really good reason for me to stop reading... Grrr, I hate it when I have to stop half way through a good book. I am random and weird and everyone thinks I am too absent minded and do you know what I tell them? That's just me for you.
When someone asks me 'What's up'
I will always literally look up and if you were to ask me right now, I would look up and say... "The roof."
P.S. Does anyone know any good reading material? I am outta stuff to read and everything I try to read ends up to be really bad... probably because they are books for 8 yr olds, but still, I am outta stuff to read.
P.P.S Call me whatever, though I.L. or Innocent will be fine... I found that name whilst I was readin' Twilight... it was okay, and it just stuck on me. (the name.)
P.P.P.S (This is the last one) It's my birthday today!!!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma mine is going to be even shorter...

I'm Ty, obviously. I agree with you Rhianna about reading romance. and I don't know what to say about myself, someone has to ask me something. Hmm.. I'm from sweden xD
and this is a little late but happy b-day :)

message 3: by Athena (new)

Athena | 2 comments I'm Athena. My favorite books are fantasy, paranormal romance, and vampires. I am from New York.
happy really late birthday :)

message 4: by Malin (new)

Malin (takemybrokensoul) Hi guys, i'm Malin but you can call me Bulls :) i love to read xD and i'm from sweden and i'm Ty's twin sister. I'm also kinda annoying and i'm talking like 24/7 ;) and happy late birthday :P haha and if you wanna know anything about me,ask!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah souha (sarahsouha) | 196 comments Sarah wrote: "hey, im sarah,
I Adore reading,
im in love with Vampires,
favorite show is VAMPIRE DARIES
im 17 years old
speak 3 languages, and im form seattle (=
add me as ur friend
ps: happy late B dayyyy Innocent Lamb
pps: you should try vampire academy, in know for a fact if you start to read the first book you will finish all seven of them
ummm, stusy series are good + mortal instruments are good series, as well (=

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

HI everyone I'm Ela and I live in the USA! I'm absolutly obsessed with the TV show Supernatural and the one character named Dean :)

message 7: by Kauthar (last edited Feb 15, 2012 02:45PM) (new)

Kauthar | 149 comments hello my name is Kauthar (CoCo). i live in the USA. i absolutely love love to read. whenever i go to the library i would get at least 15 books or more. it only takes me a day to read most books. i like to read mostly romance books, also paranormal, mystery , comedy, anything really. except sad books. i dont know why but i always always cry when it has a sad ending. i want to be a photographer or any art related career. most people when they meet me think im quite and shy but i am probably reading or i have my headphones on.
HAPPY late BIRTHDAY I.L.!!

message 8: by Caedy (new)

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 2 comments Hi!
I'm Martha. Live in the US. Addicted to books, self confessed bibliophile, and Kindle lover. I go no where without my Kindle and on the occasion still switch to a physical book (only when I can't afford to get it for my Kindle or it isn't available for my Kindle through the library). Right now, I've been on a Young Adult kick, as well as a paranormal, fantasy type kick. I've been doing my best to catch up on various series that I am in the midst of!

This year my current reading challenge is 200 books which is up 90 from last year's and thus far I have read almost 40 books toward that goal.

Ummm....i think that's about it, you can find my book reviews here on goodreads, you can also find them here: my blog, and also here on

message 9: by Sabrina, Sabuuu (new)

Sabrina (Smilyface) | 256 comments Mod
I'm gonna introduce myself even though you all know as your moderator. I'm Sabrina and I love school and I do piano and a lot of other sports. I also love algebra and architecture and that's me. Oh and I love to style myself up and go to parties.

message 10: by MobileMinx (new)

MobileMinx | 13 comments Hello Book Lovers!

My name is Minx and I am very new to GoodReads. I joined at the end of Januaryand have been pretty consumed since then getting to know all about the site, people and books.

I will read anything and often do. I love my nook, but have recently added a Kindle Touch. I will still read paper, but have found that all of the .99 book deals on Amazon are keeping me quite content with new reading.

I am excited to be involved in a newer group that is active. Please feel free to reach out and say 'hi' every now and then!

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha Bryce (GoodreadscomMarthaM) I'm Martha and a lot of the previously posting Martha's stuff works for me as well - except for the photomanipulations. I try not to manipulate anything. I love to read and always have. When I go, bury me with a couple of books for the trip. Minx brought me into this group. I review here, on B&N, on the World Literary Cafe and my blog.

message 12: by MobileMinx (new)

MobileMinx | 13 comments Welcome Martha! I'm reading 'This Time You Lose.' Will be posting a review within days!

Martha wrote: "I'm Martha and a lot of the previously posting Martha's stuff works for me as well - except for the photomanipulations. I try not to manipulate anything. I love to read and always have. When I go, ..."

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Culver | 2 comments Hi, this looks like it's going to be a great group! My name is Sydney, and I am also obsessed with Goodreads, trading books, updating my library on my NOOK and of course reading. I have really broadened my horizons since I discovered Goodreads. I also find myself reading two or three books at a time...I just don't know who I am anymore! I love paranormal, YA, certain types of bios, fantasy and post-apocalyptic genre. Not crazy about mystery or crime but hey, I may take a chance after the right review.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Hey Sydney :)

message 15: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofiathellama) | 1 comments Hey :) I'm nearly 12... yeah I'm a kid :D My name's Sofia and I'm obsessed with Goodreads, reading, writing and Instagram. I'm new to Goodreads (like a week old) and I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and other related books. I want to be an author when I'm older but I don't think that'll ever happen :P

message 16: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (last edited Feb 19, 2012 08:53PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
Hey everyone welcome to the group.

:D

message 17: by Caedy (new)

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 2 comments :D

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

message 18: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (Jazabell) | 73 comments Hello everyone,

My name is Jacy and I love books. I will read just about anything once. I'm currently really into UF and Paranormal Romance but I also read lots of Children's lit.

@Sofia, don't sell yourself short. There is a quote from "Letters to a Young Poet" by Rainer Maria Rilke in the movie Sister Act 2 that I really love..."If when you wake up in the morning you can think of nothing but writing then you're a writer". Many writers work other jobs while they write and some writers never get published, but if writing is something you love to do then don't give up and maybe someday we'll all be talking about the book you wrote!

message 19: by Sabrina, Sabuuu (new)

Sabrina (Smilyface) | 256 comments Mod
Welcome guys. I agree with Jacy - Don't sell yourself short Sofia, if you want to become and author then you should go for it!

message 20: by Elania (new)

Elania Cook | 4 comments Hey everybody my name is Elania and I'm 35 have a loving husband and three kids, i live in Detroit.I love to read my husband got me the nook color and i love it. this year i was about to read more because I had back surgery, sorry I'm late.hope to talk again

message 21: by Gabrielle Elise (new)

Gabrielle Elise (3Gabrielle3) | 1 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Gabrielle, I'm 14 years old, and I'm from England.
I'm what most people at my school would call a nerd (although not at all things). My favourite subject at school is English, but I enjoy Spanish and French all the same.
I love to write, read, sing, and draw. I am an aspiring author and, on Goodreads, my aim is to meet new people who, like me, love books, and to introduce people to my stories, so go ahead: add me, if you please!
Oh, and my favourite books are Impossible by Nancy Werlin, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, and The Truth About Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention them, even though books are what this group's about!
It's lovely to meet you all. :)

To anyone who likes to give feedback and advice, could you read my on-the-go story? I'd really appreciate it. Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Thank you!

message 22: by Darwin (new)

Darwin Hello everyone. I'm Darwin. I am married with 2 young sons (9 and 6) and a 95 lb. golden retriever. I am new to goodreads, but think I am going to enjoy it very much. I love to read...depending on the book. I enjoy everything from Vince Flynn to Stephen King to financial books. I even tried Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer since my wife and neighbor ladies were freaking out over it. 120 pages into it I realized this wasn't going to work. Looking forward to being a part of this group and meeting all of you.

message 23: by Qweenie (new)

Qweenie | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Jen and obviously (since I'm here) I am a book lover! Such a book lover, in fact, that I went to uni and became a librarian :) My mission this year is to step outside my comfort zone in terms of genre - I've never been much of a sci fi/fantasy reader, but somebody's put me onto China Mieville's New Crobuzon novels and I am absolutely devouring them. George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series is pretty incredible too. But I can't see myself venturing too far from my love of good historical fiction - Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall sequel is out in May, so that is top of my 'to-read' list at the moment. Always open to recommendations, though - looking forward to being part of this group and interacting with all of you :D

message 24: by NoT.dEaD.yEt. (new)

NoT.dEaD.yEt. (fathimaafrin103206gmailcom) | 4 comments hey,i am afrin and u guys can call me clea....well i am tottaly into books so thats the reason y i joined this group!!! i am so crazy about books that in the train till 3.00pm i was reading books and some girls like Brittney(the most popular gal in school)calls me freaky book worm....well i dont mind though and my fav authors r roald dahl coz his books make me wet my pant laughing ,meg Cabot coz her book r my all time fav in all and is so interesting ,jaqueline wilson coz her books is very sad ones but with good endings and etc.so i guess who ever is reading my stupid introduction which even isnt one is getting bored so i better stop.... and bye!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Ann (new)

Ann Lee (goodreadscomAnnlee) | 18 comments Hi all,
I love to read and write and I tried to balance, I am a author of several books. I am a researcher, my lastest book was written after 7 years of research,Human Property Hanging in the Family Tree Yields a Harvest

I love to cook, all kinds of different foods. My book interest varies, I am just a book lover. If it holds my interest I do not care about the particular genre

message 26: by Rosalie (last edited May 26, 2012 03:44PM) (new)

Rosalie Pope (rosaliepope) | 1 comments Hi there,
Of course I love to read. I also like to write. I wrote my first little book, Puppies for Sale $25.00 on a whim and am proud to say it won the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Award in the category of animal/pets. If you are a pet lover, please check it out, put it on your to read list. I also love to read fiction and non fiction. I love to read anything by Vickie McKeehan. Her Evil trilogy is awesome. I couldn't put the books down.

message 27: by Jammie (last edited May 27, 2012 02:27PM) (new)

Jammie | 136 comments Hello :) My names Jammie, as you can see. I am 19 years old and I am from Australia :D
I love to read, I am always in the middle of some book and I always carry a book around in my bag no matter where I am going.
I am a totally Harry Potter obsessed nerd and a proud Whovian :P (for those of you that don't know what that means, I love Doctor Who :)) Looking forward to talking to you guys and getting to know you :)

My main reason for joining (other than the given love of books) is that I have wanted to join a group that does like monthly book club reads for a while, and you are reading two books from series that I absolutely love this month! :D

message 28: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Matthews | 3 comments Hi my name is Isabel and I am almost 13. I live in Australia and I love reading and photography. I have two dogs Buzz who is a st staffy x and Rosie who is a fox terrier.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

hi, i'm yvonne and from Australia. only joined goodreads 2 days ago and am kinda hooked. great to know that so many other people love to read as much as i do!!
i love thrillers by james patterson, however other times i love to just read some 'fluff' like chick lit, so i can have a good laugh.
when am not reading, just love having fun with my friends over a few drinks!!
i have just started reading 'fifty shades of grey' only because everyone seems to be going on about it. finding it hard to get into...but will keep going, just wnat to see what happens at the end...

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Hi everyone i'm Katie, i'm 22, i have 2 daughters Ieisha and Nalani and i love to read :)
When im not reading i love to cook/bake, dance, shop, do gardening and anything outdoors. I love reading YA, paranormal, urban fantasy, fiction, true crime and kids books :) Im from Adelaide, im looking for some new friends and im currently reading Magic Bites whilst im waiting for my order of Insurgent to arrive :)

message 31: by Dana (new)

Dana (littlemissbooklover) hi everyone, im dana and im from the UK. my favourite thing in the world is to read. i ALWAYS read and sometimes it gets on peoples nerves. i love nature- like parks and beaches and love photograghy. i am very argumental and wont tolerate someone not agreeing with me- but dont worry, everyone has a right to an opinion.

message 32: by Aria (new)

Aria (starJammer) | 36 comments Hi Everyone I'm shanthini,from india. I simply looove reading books and even if it means going through the lines ,without actually concentrating !I'm short tempered, and fun loving. Apart from Reading I Love Listening to Music And watching t.v. shows like HIMYM,FRIENDS,90210,pretty little liars and the likes!vampire academy,twilight,mediators,the chornicles of narnia are few books I'm Always up for.I love YA,paranormal romance,teen books and urban fantasy:P My favorite authors are Richelle Mead,Meg cabot,nora roberts,c.s.lewis,Sophie kinsella,Stephanie meyer,and honestly lots of others !:) I'm new to goodreads and i hope to have a lot of fun ;)

message 33: by Aria (new)

Aria (starJammer) | 36 comments Ela *who loves Supernatural's Dean Winchester!!!* wrote: "HI everyone I'm Ela and I live in the USA! I'm absolutly obsessed with the TV show Supernatural and the one character named Dean :)"

I love Dean ! Some People Like Sam or castiel, but for me It's Dean, Anyday ! :)

message 34: by Dannette (new)

Dannette (Dtte) | 10 comments Hi everyone; I'm Dannette and I live in Ontario, Canada.
I LOVE TO READ!!!!! I can't wait to start talking about books!

message 35: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Welcome to the group Dannette!

message 36: by Christina (new)

Christina OW (ChristinaOW) | 3 comments Hi my name is Rina, pen name Christina OW and I'm a goodreads author. I love to wwrite and I love to read.Books are like living another life for me.

Read sample chapters of Star Bright on http://www.all-you-can-read-club.com/... and stand a chance to win a free book courtesy of All You Can Read Club

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hey Y'all, I'm Lisa. Like everyone else, I love reading and my Nook. I'm in Portland, Or, a mother of 3. I look forward to being a part of the group.

message 38: by Lint (new)

Lint  (lilalintroller) | 837 comments Hey guys. *waves*

I like writing, reading and music. And, yes, I speak sarcassm as well.

:)

Shadows joined the dance (Iwanttoforget) Hey everyone, I am crazy with books I think I really couldnt live without them:) I think that this group is awesome!

message 40: by Aurora (new)

Aurora I'm Aurora. I am an obsessive reader. It's basically my life. I'm either reading or discussing books on the internet.

Shadows joined the dance (Iwanttoforget) Haha just like me.

message 42: by Kassie (new)

Kassie (xokassbaby) | 7 comments Hi, my name is Kassie. I'm an avid reader and once I start a book that really interests me it's damn near impossible to make me put it down. I'm always looking for new books to read and am open to all opinions :) I live in Ontario, Canada and am studying to be a paramedic! That is all :)

message 43: by Aurora (new)

Aurora Lol I know. That's why goodreads is for, though, finding other obessive readers.

message 44: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (RandomKell) | 17 comments Hi all, My name is Kelly. I am 24 from south-western Sydney. I am studying Child Care and I love to read. I read a huge variety of genre's it just depends on the mood I am in.
I am looking forward to participating in the group and sharing thoughts and opinions on a huge variety of different books.

message 45: by Lint (new)

Lint  (lilalintroller) | 837 comments Welcome to the group Kelly :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly wrote: "Hi all, My name is Kelly. I am 24 from south-western Sydney. I am studying Child Care and I love to read. I read a huge variety of genre's it just depends on the mood I am in.
I am looking forward ..."

HELLO KELLY

I ARRIVE IN THE BLACK PEARL THAT IS MOVING BY CRAB WAVES (you know what i mean if you've watched At Worlds End when I am in Davy Jones Locker) BTW I am CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow (aka NIks)

Shadows joined the dance (Iwanttoforget) So Captain Jack Sparrow, you really like those movies huh?

message 48: by Lint (new)

Lint  (lilalintroller) | 837 comments Haha, nice name.

Shadows joined the dance (Iwanttoforget) I know I really like his name too:) I love those movies, well especialy jack Sparrow ((Johnny Depp)) he is cuh a good actor and I love the way he runs!!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 07, 2012 08:36PM) (new)

Anna wrote: "So Captain Jack Sparrow, you really like those movies huh?"

LOVE THE MOVIES (well the 1st movie was the best, now there just going down hill for me)
BUT I AM A HUGE FAN OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW AND JOHNNY DEPP!
I DRESSED UP AS CJS FOR FAMOUS PEOPLE DAY AT SCHOOL... I HAD MASTERED HIS AWESOME RUN AND EVERYTHING
IN THE MIDDLE OF MATHS I GOT UP AND STARTED RUNNING AROUNG THE CLASS SCREAMING 'WHERE IS THE RUM GONE, WHERE IS THE RUM GONE!' it was funny!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twilight (other topics)
Human Property Hanging in the Family Tree Yields a Harvest (other topics)
Magic Bites (other topics)
Insurgent (other topics)
Message in a Bottle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Sparks (other topics)
Testy McTesterson (other topics)