twilight lovers! discussion

Members > Does anyone NOT like Edward?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salma (new)

Salma Maybe this is sacrilege, but I find Edward irritating as hell- beautiful (just like Robert Pattinson), but condescending and well- IRRITATING! I love love love Jacob, and so far think Bella's an idiot for not liking him 'that way.'

BTW, I just got into the Twilight Hype on Monday and am already halfway through book 3. Wow, this was worse than Harry Potter!

message 2: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I like edward but he wouldn't be my pick. I'm a jake fan=D

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments I DONT C WHY EVRY ONES IN LOVE WITH EDWARD I MEEN HE HAS no personality and is sooooo controling of bella i guess hed be coool as a bff but not relly even that

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE EDWARD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments example a

message 6: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I agree, I do not like Edward. He is waayy to controling, and (I agree with Salma) irritating as hell. I mean EVERY LITTLE THING Bella does he controls! I like how he's described, but he himself is... ugh.

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments i no like jacob said he didnt want hjer 2 go with the vampire but edward said she couldnt go with the werewolf so u c the diff. anlso i agree with salma & i love my....(sry ur names awsome but long!!)idk if id even want him as a friend....

message 8: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
So my friend and I had this conversation today and she brought up a good point...maybe hes controlling like that because to him Bella is sooooo fragile and because of the time period that he is actually from. I don't know just a thought.

message 9: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments (I have had that soo much! Lolz)
I kinda want him as a friend...

Yeah, but I just wonder WHY he fell in love with Bella!

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda (Linda-) | 12 comments I know yea. I like Edward but sometimes he's a bit too controlling. I mean creeping into Bella's bedroom and watching her sleep every night is kind of creepy, but he's hot so who cares! lol-I know, it's just because he's hot, kind of sad. I mean I would seriously hug a nice warm cuddly dog than a cold stone...But for some reason I still like Edward better, lol.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I think edward is totally controlling and i think the book Charactor seems like a way fun friend but robert Pattensen just comes off as stiff and humorless, and i don't like jacob either but i don't have any reasons i just don't like him, Emmett on the other hand... HELLO SEXY

message 12: by Salma (new)

Salma Yes! I'm not the only Jake lover! Thanks guys.

message 13: by MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (last edited Nov 20, 2008 12:26PM) (new)

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (theawesomecatperson) | 8 comments contrary to what you guys say about edward being controllling, he constantly asks if she is sure she wants to date him. also talk about controlling, jacob FORCES himself on her. she punches him and hurts her hand and he LAUGHS!!!

also robert patterson or w/e the actor who plays edward's name is, is ugly see his hair at the premier??

message 14: by Salma (new)

Salma True- Jake's being a bit pushy and obnoxious- but he's way more easy to relate to than Edward- for me at least (though hopefully I'm not pushy and obnoxious). Although, I'm at the beginning of the fourth book now, and Jake's getting a little too intense for me.

message 15: by Salma (new)

Salma As a side note- I've got a huge thing for Jasper.

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 24 comments I don't like him he annoys me greatly

message 17: by Tina (new)

Tina (tnt072900) Here is my thought on the Edward topic. He was actually born in a time period were the guys "treated" girls like ladys, opening doors, walking on the street side of them. This, to me, is respectful. I read "Midnight Sun" and loved his take on this topic. He stated that Bella has never been treated like a lady.
I would love for my husband to learn these actions. I do not think of Edward as controlling, just loving her so much that he shows her the respect of being a female.